2.3.0 Changes to the High-level Experience Equation

"
Rakelholz wrote:

We (at least I) am just not happy with this particular change - and it is one of the few patches where i really say it is over the top. But i thought about it during the last days...i had a hard time grinding on, and i´m still not very happy about it.

Same feels got 99,999% of gamers, i mean all humans cant accept such a bad decision to nerf exp, when it was already ultra hard. Like GGG think it will help players play longer, not just leave game forever and forgot about it as bad dream.

But as i said GGG not use such a useless thing as logic.
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
This change makes me feel so sad. Up until the xp nerf I had my best items on my highest level character because it was worthwhile trying to progress that character. But since the xp nerf I've basically stopped playing that character. It's no longer worth my time trying to level him because the penalty is so harsh, to the point that I've taken the best items off him and put them on a different, lower level, character. The xp nerf has, essentially, totally stopped me from playing my highest level character. :(
Last edited by HoneyBadGerMan on Jul 13, 2016, 12:28:19 AM
"
Darkkrows wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
We want to strike a good balance between rewarding progression and a race to 100 that isn't over in ten days each league.
Then you guys should implement Exp fatigue system. The faster the exp a player gain, the more exp penalty he will receive.(and you balance this system around the top players) They still can race within the fatigue system, exp bar still move just slower.

quite a number of MMO implement this trick to stop the no-lifer from leveling 1 character too quick & this system does not punish the more casual players who do not have 14-16hours a day to play the game but still wanted to go max level & have some progression.

this idea is even stupider than the new exp changes. i really hope nothing like this ever gets implemented, it would completely ruin the game. why should "casual" players care if they don't get as much out of the game as the "hardcore" players who have invested much more time and effort into playing the game? why do they deserve it? why punish the people who dedicate more time to playing the game? i can't understand this sense of entitlement at all. clueless whiners like you are the reason this thread exists in the first place. it causes me actual pain to see that there are people that agree with your post.

and of course, private profile and probably no character above level 90. no idea why people think they should have a say in balance decisions that do not affect them. thank God you didn't post this nonsense to reddit or it might have been added to the game by now.
Last edited by matt29234 on Jul 13, 2016, 4:11:36 AM
"
Darkkrows wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
We want to strike a good balance between rewarding progression and a race to 100 that isn't over in ten days each league.
Then you guys should implement Exp fatigue system. The faster the exp a player gain, the more exp penalty he will receive.(and you balance this system around the top players) They still can race within the fatigue system, exp bar still move just slower.

quite a number of MMO implement this trick to stop the no-lifer from leveling 1 character too quick & this system does not punish the more casual players who do not have 14-16hours a day to play the game but still wanted to go max level & have some progression.

Do it. Great solution.
All i can say is that before this it was still a pain in the butt to get to 100 regardless. Now, its even worse.

you guys should fix this in the future and maybe not cut it down so much.

Unfortunately this is the first time i have ever had to say thumbs down on something you guys have done with this game.

Thumbs Down.....

-Iostream-
this may be a good or bad idea, why not un cap the level or have prestige levels they give no benefit other than your position on the ladder in challenge leagues, wouldn't just be a race to 100 then people would continue to push as long as they could to see whats possible in the league? personally I would just un cap. if someone manages to hit level 1000 in 3 months good on them, I think this would give incentive to a lot of people who hit 100 and leave for the last 2.5 months. then your xp penalties could be returned to normal so players like us who don't fuss about 100 can level along at our own place like we like to and not be punished by the 0.1%
"
BloodShotEyes wrote:
All i can say is that before this it was still a pain in the butt to get to 100 regardless. Now, its even worse.

you guys should fix this in the future and maybe not cut it down so much.

Unfortunately this is the first time i have ever had to say thumbs down on something you guys have done with this game.

Thumbs Down.....

-Iostream-

+1
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
I generally approve of the direction PoE is taken by the devs decisions, but not in this case. The grind is nigh impossible now. I'll stop at level 85 from now on...
Last edited by ata on Jul 15, 2016, 8:05:14 PM
"We've found that players who aim for max level enjoy a harder grind to reach this goal."

Grind harder? How did you found? Who told you? Care to share your source? You mean grind longer in gorge/plateau? Thanks for such great decision. You know what? Your business model is fail. Great f2p games encourages players to spent money to achieve high end content faster. That's why they flourish. Yours not. Because you fail to create endgame for years. You cannot make working trade platform. You cannot fix your performance issues. You cba even update your main webside. Your lead dev prefers fucking reddit over official forums.
Good luck.
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
"
Darkkrows wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

This. Best solution offered. I hope GGG was reading?

As you mentioned, MMOs do this.

For example: rested XP headroom is built up over time, and XP progression proceeds normally until it reaches the end of that rested XP headroom, after which it progresses and a slowed pace.

And this would open up a whole world of tweaking, as you could have multiple points at which non-rested XP becomes slower and slower.

"
Do it. Great solution.

Yes, please look towards implementing this in the future, GGG. Not only does it make racing and leagues more competitive, it also helps to subtly balance the economy everywhere, bring hardcore and casual a little closer together.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Jul 21, 2016, 8:59:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info