Do you think its unfair how useless the ascendancy made Scion in this game?

"
caboom wrote:
trinity branch (need better name)

25 to all atributes -> removes socket color bias -> 25 to all atributes -> items and gems have no atribute requirement -> 25 to all atributes -> 1 life regen every "x" str, 1% increased dmg every "x" int, 1% reduced damage taken every "x" dex

if you can get 25 all attributes x 3, why would you need "items and gems have no atribute requirement"? More likely to be unneccsarry to be honest.

But other than that, I like some of your ideas.
Last edited by lugaluga on Jun 23, 2016, 11:03:07 PM
"
I can see the Scion getting crazy synergy as a crazy Aura-focused Summoner if you go Necromancer/Hierophant or as ItsYoji calls it... Necrophant.

Maybe. You should try playing to see. I don't see how that is anywhere close to as good as playing just plain Necromancer or even Guardian. But maybe you are seeing something no one else is seeing, since Scion is the least played character by the mile in this league.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Partly I believe that the Scion got spoiled too much through out the years and now she is cranky in 2.3. She needs to know true humility if she wants to show her true potential. But yea, I agree she is balanced at the moment, but the meta train is still growing strong in other areas. It cannot be helped, those areas are more focused.

Yes, Scion has a lot of potential with jewels, especially having nine of them are nearby, so you can literally based your build on jewels.
Not quite I feel like we should give scion a little more regular skill points for customization.

The Ascendancy are balance atm but the skill point is still lacking for making creative build.

IMO should be something like these.
Stat-->2 skill points-->Ascendancy-->2 skill points-->Class starting area + 1 skill points.
"
Starxsword wrote:
The fact that Ascendant numbers are so low is showing how terrible Scion is. The average number of Scions should be 1/7, or 14.2%, not less than 4%.

That's not entirely true - the scion isn't one of the default characters; you need to unlock her through gameplay, so your first character can't be a scion. I imagine that might distort the statistics a bit.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jun 24, 2016, 9:25:49 AM
Pesonally I would like to see Jewel sockets in her Ascendant tree that also has the condition of "Jewels placed in this socket have double the effectiveness" or something to that effect.

If she is a master of tree and jewels then put a couple/few jewel sockets in her actual ascendant tree and buff the effects of them.
"
lugaluga wrote:
"
caboom wrote:
trinity branch (need better name)

25 to all atributes -> removes socket color bias -> 25 to all atributes -> items and gems have no atribute requirement -> 25 to all atributes -> 1 life regen every "x" str, 1% increased dmg every "x" int, 1% reduced damage taken every "x" dex

if you can get 25 all attributes x 3, why would you need "items and gems have no atribute requirement"? More likely to be unneccsarry to be honest.

But other than that, I like some of your ideas.

there are multiple items out there with high requirement, 75 to any stat is still not enought when for instance you want to use Cospri's Will (183 dex) and you are full comited to the int area.

no atribute requirement spare builds from having to waste points into atribute nodes or item mods.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Jun 24, 2016, 11:33:10 AM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Starxsword wrote:
The fact that Ascendant numbers are so low is showing how terrible Scion is. The average number of Scions should be 1/7, or 14.2%, not less than 4%.

That's not entirely true - the scion isn't one of the default characters; you need to unlock her through gameplay, so your first character can't be a scion. I imagine that might distort the statistics a bit.

Yes and no. You are right that you need to unlock her, so there might be a slight distortion, but not in the way you think.
I would imagine those values are likely the top 15,000 players. So that concern is moot. No one that gets to those kind of levels would be a new player that need to unlock her.

You can simply compare the statistics of Scions now and back then. Scion has always been somewhat popular thoughout the leagues, generally being above average in usage.
While Duelist (I think its that red shirt) are fairly unpopular. We are talking about the leagues for the past year or two.
If there were really a distortion, it would have shown back then.

Do remember, average for a character is about 14.2%, Scion is at below 4%. That is way way way below average.

The reason is simple and obvious with a drop so big. We are talking about 3 times drop in usage here.

I normally roll a Scion or Witch in every league I play except this one. Because Scion is just bad, so there is no reason to work with her. There is almost nothing I can theorycraft that I wouldn't just do a lot better with another class.
She still has her niche.

I played her last league as a Totem/Sparker. Hierophant for the free extra totem, Deadeye for Pierce, extra projectile, and more damage the further the projectile went.

I could still see her being best for any totem/projectile build.

But, when you make a jack-of-all-trades character, they tend to follow the good at everything, master at none mentaality.
"
Starxsword wrote:
"
I can see the Scion getting crazy synergy as a crazy Aura-focused Summoner if you go Necromancer/Hierophant or as ItsYoji calls it... Necrophant.

Maybe. You should try playing to see. I don't see how that is anywhere close to as good as playing just plain Necromancer or even Guardian. But maybe you are seeing something no one else is seeing, since Scion is the least played character by the mile in this league.

That's the point with Scion. She's not supposed to be outperform dedicated "Pure" versions of builds unless you spend alot of stuff or have the patience to readjust once you get the necessary passive refunds.

Regarding that..I mistyped it as Hierophant. Guardian/Necromancer is definitely good with an Aura-Heavy SRS Summoner Scion.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
Regarding that..I mistyped it as Hierophant. Guardian/Necromancer is definitely good with an Aura-Heavy SRS Summoner Scion.

It kinda is, but then again even just using the Necromancer is likely better. And even for the odd builds it now usually is better to sacrifice points for pathing instead of taking the scion. She just can't compete with all the buffed up classes. And to be fair she wasn't good before either, it was just a few nodes which saw play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info