Do you think its unfair how useless the ascendancy made Scion in this game?

"
TriniGamer wrote:
^ shield charge scion?

I am sorry but a real Juggernaut is 100 times superior for that build. I know because I tried it then tried it on Marauder then trashed my scion in a heartbeat.

I've made successful level-85 block builds using both Scion and Mara starting points. Before Ascendancy, they had similar defenses, the Scion with more life regen, the Mara with more block. The main difference was in their weapons, Soul Taker for the Mara and Facebreaker for the Scion. The Mara was the better tanker, the Scion the faster clearer.

I ascended the Mara to Juggernaut, but didn't take Unrelenting since he already had auto-triggering Endu charges. I wanted to speed him up a bit, so I took Unyielding, Unflinchable, and Unstoppable. He has Lightning Coil, 375 life regen, 30% life gain on damage reflect, and can loiter on Lab spikes. But clear speed is still modest, with Wild Strike only 14K static dps.

I ascended the Scion to Guardian and Gladiator nodes, solely for the additional block chance. This made her a better blocker than the Mara, as she has equal melee and spell block, while the Mara has no spell block. The Scion has 525 life regen, but takes bigger hits due to Abyssus and has none of the Mara's damage mitigation. That makes her a better blitzer than tanker, and her Ice Crash has 47K dps to finish the job quickly.

If I swapped gear between the Mara and Scion, the Scion would then have max melee block, no spell block, but excellent damage mitigation and life regen. The Mara would have decent melee and spell block, but less life regen and no damage mitigation. I think the Mara would suffer, but the Scion would be fine.

IMO, the main problems with the Scion ascendancy tree are the worthless secondary nodes leading up to the 3-way nodes. It's already a major disadvantage having to take two secondary nodes before each notable instead of just one secondary for the all other characters. The easy fix would be to simply eliminate the inner circle of redundant attribute nodes in the Scion ascendancy tree, so she gets to choose three notable nodes like everyone else.

Here's the two skill trees, gear can be seen in my character list:

Mara:

Scion:
Last edited by RogueMage on Jun 22, 2016, 3:11:58 PM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
useless but still better than 7 other classes and almost 4 times more often used than guardian

Why do people insist on comparing a CHARACTER with a SUBCLASS?

Ascendant is the only choice for the Scion CHARACTER.

You do not compare Ascendant with just Guardian, that is ridiculous. You need to compare Ascendant with Guardian, Heirophant, and Inquisitor combined, the entire Templar character line of subclasses.

The fact that Ascendant numbers are so low is showing how terrible Scion is. The average number of Scions should be 1/7, or 14.2%, not less than 4%.

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
The whole Ascendent cass needs a complete overhowl/rework imho. Maybe don't tie it to existant Ascendancys as much as it is now and try to create very unique treats which non of the other classes can do better or do at all.

In this moment any Ascendancy class can do the same thing better (even all the niche stuff) than Scion - this should change. Scion should be able to do niche unique stuff which can't be done by other classes to make it interesting but not OP.
Id rather they didnt go back to "Path of Scion", where everyone is playing it.

Im pretty sure Scion does do niche things that cannot be done by other classes right now, especially since she can travel around the tree much more efficiently with how her Ascending works.

Except you, like the other poster do not know how to compare. Scion is a character, not a subclass. You compare characters. Ascendant should be used 3 times as often as other subclasses, because that is the only choice for the Scion.
Easy fix: swap her starting nodes with those jewel sockets... :D

e: oh, didn't realize this was a _Trinigamer's thread xD
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Jun 23, 2016, 3:08:13 AM
Just redo the Scion Ascendant tree already... make it useful please ....
scion is a bit on the crap side, most of the subclasses choice get the worst of other asc and those atributes and +1 to skill points are not exactly awesome.

someone said that scion should pick 1 of the other subclass keystones when reserching it, is not a bad idea although its prone to end creating some OP OP combo.

personaly i think GGG should scrap all this tending to "x" subclass and give scion its own subclass, given her nature of jack of all trades i would expecte something along this lines:

warning: i am letting my imagination fly so its probably not very balanced XD

gemling queen branch:

5% increased effects of rare jewels -> jewel socket -> 5% increased effects of rare jewels -> "x" effect per cobalt jewel, "y" effect per veridian jewel, "z" effect per crimson jewel -> 5% increased effects of rare jewels -> jewel socket, socketed jewel ignores max cap.

trinity branch (need better name)

25 to all atributes -> removes socket color bias -> 25 to all atributes -> items and gems have no atribute requirement -> 25 to all atributes -> 1 life regen every "x" str, 1% increased dmg every "x" int, 1% reduced damage taken every "x" dex

fighter branch

3% more dmg, armor and eva -> 10% of movment speed is added as attack/spell avoid -> 3% more dmg, armor and eva -> +1 to all gems -> 3% more dmg, armor and eva -> can socket a suport gem wich will apply to all socketed gems on gear.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Jun 23, 2016, 4:20:47 PM
Since Scion has access to many jewel nodes, why not add something jewel-related to the ascendancy tree? Extra socket, increased effectiveness of jewels, something of the sort.

Right now, Ascendandant is in a pretty bad spot since you only get 2 more points from the endgame labyrinth, which isn't enough to get another major node, so you either get a small boost to base stats and 1 extra passive point or small boost to base stats and unlock the starting zone of another class (which is frankly, not really useful for most builds). Both options are very underwhelming when other classes can spend those points on some nice stuff.
Scion is very balanced at the moment. IT fills the roll of being a jack of all trades.
The minor traits are no joke, they can save you a lot of stat requirements.
Starting from another zone also save points.

The real issue is that scions were soo accustomed to being the best for builds that they can't handle the idea of their character actually being balanced.

The access to the jewels around the scion has amazing potential with rare jewels.

"
nadakuu wrote:
Scion is very balanced at the moment. IT fills the roll of being a jack of all trades.
The minor traits are no joke, they can save you a lot of stat requirements.
Starting from another zone also save points.

The real issue is that scions were soo accustomed to being the best for builds that they can't handle the idea of their character actually being balanced.

The access to the jewels around the scion has amazing potential with rare jewels.

Partly I believe that the Scion got spoiled too much through out the years and now she is cranky in 2.3. She needs to know true humility if she wants to show her true potential. But yea, I agree she is balanced at the moment, but the meta train is still growing strong in other areas. It cannot be helped, those areas are more focused.

Yes, Scion has a lot of potential with jewels, especially having nine of them are nearby, so you can literally based your build on jewels.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

I can see the Scion getting crazy synergy as a crazy Aura-focused Summoner if you go Necromancer/Hierophant or as ItsYoji calls it... Necrophant.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Ascendant's tree was trash right from the beginning, but it got to have one extremaly powerful trait - 1,5% unconditional leech from berserker. That leech made this class. It solved leech problems for many and many builds that always struggled with getting it or needed to use leech gem. Now when leech is gone the usefulness of class is gone, because right from the fucking beginning it didnt have anything particulary strong to offer besides that unconditional leech.

But ascendant is supposed to be jack of all trades, right? Strong at nothing, good at everything! Well, Ascendant isn't really good at anything now. It never was, leech was strong and single-handedly made the entire subclass strong.
Last edited by raxleberne on Jun 23, 2016, 10:45:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info