Do you think its unfair how useless the ascendancy made Scion in this game?

So scion is finally the jack of all trades. Getting a little bit of this and that. Scion was meant to be inferior to the major classes for the sake of flexibility. Back in the days when you made a build, someone will always point out that Scion could do it better. I was so annoyed back then.

This is what I will have by level 83-84 with the scion tree (Going Shield Charge with the Doryani mace). I normally would not achieve with other classes by the late 80s. Tree is still tentative since I am still trying to optimize as much as I can.

Not the best example of saving up points (at best 2) since I am going down the Duelist tree anyways, but if I want something that is in the completely opposite direction (Like the shadow or templar tree), then I will probably save up 7-10 points.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jun 22, 2016, 2:03:35 AM
^ shield charge scion?

I am sorry but a real Juggernaut is 100 times superior for that build. I know because I tried it then tried it on Marauder then trashed my scion in a heartbeat.

The kind of perks you get from the juggernaut node if you had to bring scion up to that level you would need an additional 20 nodes from the tree.

You are of the delusion that gaining 3 passives on the scion is anywhere remotely close to Juggernaut tree.

"Instead of gaining 1 charge, you instead gain you maximum number of endurance charges" Aswell as the fortify perk

This means you will always have max endurance charges, and have 30% resistance and 30% bonus damage, it is a game changer. Now drop a volls devo onto that shield charge and you have what I have./ Shield Dash and 1 shot everything.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Jun 22, 2016, 2:20:38 AM
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAL68sVsCX_TGsz-mMqQMRQpPVgMEYN411h7fqUiocofWMZ7S6KZXsNg64U3jotnyRf6PyBT-CjWS9W_Yvbc-aoyDzBa_PC0mlXX9g1_GrmHihG_i1cT2rj5VS9RC7UGvp3KpZ5uMNrVIHM49D6yq9zLkUYnTbWwrUAY5WfOSfVBHcFI2PQ3N-6oaONwj7w4qC52q_lTzBpBVmG8UIGyMUWAnL-XPXz9irBo-9kjBBLTFfuKMz3lo2-d5OT38qW5sCEcG6dVYY8Aad-PxivLh2HZvOwHcY0NW9bk-hNnbbqxmR34vzJfQLOG9NsGCjop942VNvqewq8SCivDpRg==

Crit- block dagger Scion. I'd like to see you make it better as any other class.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
^ I want to see a video for that, sounds like a pretty boring build to me.

And even then you could go Guardian Templar for an actual full tree which would still be better I am sure.

"
TriniGamer wrote:
^ shield charge scion?

I am sorry but a real Juggernaut is 100 times superior for that build. I know because I tried it then tried it on Marauder then trashed my scion in a heartbeat.

The kind of perks you get from the juggernaut node if you had to bring scion up to that level you would need an additional 20 nodes from the tree.

You are of the delusion that gaining 3 passives on the scion is anywhere remotely close to Juggernaut tree.

"Instead of gaining 1 charge, you instead gain you maximum number of endurance charges" Aswell as the fortify perk

This means you will always have max endurance charges, and have 30% resistance and 30% bonus damage, it is a game changer.

I know it can do better with Juggy, but I already have a build that involves with Juggy and his ECs. I am the type of player that likes to explore the whole spectrum. I have nearly 30 builds active. Now I want to focus on a shield based (as in shield skill) and Scion is good enough for it.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

^ I wish you the best of luck.

But hopefully GGG will address this issue. They are better off just recreating scion as a totally separate character rather than one that fits into all cause they never gonna be able to balance that.

"
TriniGamer wrote:
^ I wish you the best of luck.

But hopefully GGG will address this issue. They are better off just recreating scion as a totally separate character rather than one that fits into all cause they never gonna be able to balance that.

Being in standard I have already have the necessary gears needed for my build to succeed. ;)

The ship has already sailed for a massive rehash on a character. Only thing GGG can do is do the tweaking number game and add special properties to make it synergy with builds out there.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jun 22, 2016, 2:29:37 AM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
^ I want to see a video for that, sounds like a pretty boring build to me.

And even then you could go Guardian Templar for an actual full tree which would still be better I am sure.

Nope. You are wrong.

Although i agree with you to some extent. Scion's passive ascendacies are really hard to combine together with the new character start and someone who just likes to copy builds, will be left clueless. The other classes are overpowered in very obvious ways. Scion, not so much. You have to think a lot more to get a good build out of her.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jun 22, 2016, 2:32:13 AM
^ what are your thoughts on allowing scion to access any Single full skill tree from any Character?

Then it will be like pre ascendacy. Scion will be better at everything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info