[2.3]Milkys Doomfletch's Prism Crit Inquisator

Ppad gives way more damage than PtoL.

Physical damage is already only a minor part of our damage, like 10-20% max, because the extra elemental damage + WED is so strong.
Ppad enhances the physical part and the extra elemental damage at the same time.
PtoL only converts the small part of physical damage to lightning while doing absolutely nothing for the elemental part.
the bit extra lightning damage is nothing compared to the 330% extra elemental damage on the bow.

With a Reach of the Council for excample its a whole different world, on this bow PtoL would be superior.

Also the 0.4 phys manaleech on Lioneyes vision (and some on gloves on my gear) is enough to substain mana, which saves me one skillpoint ;)

On the first look 100% elemental dmg seems good on this class, but i gain more elemental (and phys) damage with ppad, where the penetration kicks in even better.

Quick Math excample:

lets say we have 1000 average physical damage, 50% already converted by Lightning arrow to 500/500 (note that the extra ele damage by doomfletch is calculated before conversion).

phys to lightning
1000 phys converted to 1000 lightning
1000 phys x 4.59 (bow + lvl 20 ptol) = 4590 ele dmg
resulting in 5590 total dmg

Ppad
1000 phys converted to 500phys/500lightning
1000 phys x 1.49 = 1490 phys (745 phys after conversion
1490 x 4.3 = 6451.7
resulting in 6951.7 ele + 745 phys dmg for total 7696.7 dmg

the 10% atk speed malus results in still around 7k dmg.

the other support gems make the difference even bigger (while still having phys mana leech)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 24, 2016, 2:11:14 AM
Update 24.6.16

- jewels, updated skilltree and flasks in "my character" section. Also got a new Gemsetup.

- added another Gemsetup version in the gem section. It uses Lightningwarp as a movementskill.

"
Nickoladze wrote:
I only skimmed through the OP post, but why no Phys to Lightning? I'm going to run it instead of Phys Proj so I can be 100% elemental damage to get max benefit from Inquisitor and all WED on gear.

Say you do 100 phys dmg. It means you do 100 phys + 330 ele dmg. Add PPAD. 100 becomes 130, 330 becomes 430. Add PtL instead. 100 becomes 50, 330 becomes 380. You just lost 50 phys AND 50 ele dmg.

Have unrelated question about the build: did you tried Innervate instead of PCoC for clearspeed? Is it viable? I end up saving Vaal gem charges "for later" which is never actually comes, and so seeking alternative for Vaal Haste.
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
"
JamaDharma wrote:
"
Nickoladze wrote:
I only skimmed through the OP post, but why no Phys to Lightning? I'm going to run it instead of Phys Proj so I can be 100% elemental damage to get max benefit from Inquisitor and all WED on gear.

Say you do 100 phys dmg. It means you do 100 phys + 330 ele dmg. Add PPAD. 100 becomes 130, 330 becomes 430. Add PtL instead. 100 becomes 50, 330 becomes 380. You just lost 50 phys AND 50 ele dmg.

Have unrelated question about the build: did you tried Innervate instead of PCoC for clearspeed? Is it viable? I end up saving Vaal gem charges "for later" which is never actually comes, and so seeking alternative for Vaal Haste.

yeah, just did the math, too :D

I dont have a 6link, and how coloring works its probably a red 6th gem (lifeleech).
Innervate is always great if you still oneshot most stuff with one less link.

With the recent gemswaps i also freed up the quicksilver for a silver flask (not crafted properly, no glassblowers/alts left atm) which has the same effect.
Thinking about a Jade flask instead for Uberlab Izaro Facetanking (which i already did with stibnite + basalt only)

Currently i dont use any Vaalgem anymore (no space left), but in general Vaal Haste should be used on Cooldown.

an alternative is Vaalgrace or Vaal Clarity or just none ;)

edit: you probably meant pcoc in the frenzy + hoi setup.
I will try how reliable it is. On maps with relatively weak bosses or until the boss its most likely better than pcoc, which is almost never utilized.
will add it in the gem section and test it later the day or tommorow

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 24, 2016, 1:44:39 AM
Thanks for the replies. Maybe I was just trying to justify my 1R 2G 2B 5L! I guess crit damage isn't a bad option.
hi there!

Still not very proficient in char skill tree building, got some question,

1) Why didn't you take elemental damage with weapons at the start of Templar tree?
2) Can this build be used with TS? What would be your recommendations if so?

Thanks in advance! Build looks solid!
"
RegisteredID wrote:
hi there!

Still not very proficient in char skill tree building, got some question,

1) Why didn't you take elemental damage with weapons at the start of Templar tree?
2) Can this build be used with TS? What would be your recommendations if so?

Thanks in advance! Build looks solid!

1) i did while leveling for the stats and resists. I respecced the nodes for phase acrobatics (5 pts).
In general it is stronger to skill physical damage over elemental damage, because the elemental damage is purely based on the physical part.
In addition to that physical nodes are, most of the time, stronger than the elemental nodes.

math:
lets say i deal 100 phys dmg, with the bow its additional 110 fire, 110 cold, 110 lightning dmg.

i skill a 10% ele node

100 phys + 121 fire/cold/lightning dmg

i skill a 10% phys node

110 phys + 121 fire/cold/lightning dmg

The end result is that the elemental damage is the same while we gain extra phys dmg.

If we check elementalist + catalyse on the skilltree we gain 60% elemental damage (yeah and resists, but thats about dps) for 5pts > 12% ele dmg per point.

Instead we could pick Heavy Draw (right side of the ranger) for 5 points. Thise grants 79 phys damage, 10% accuracy and stunstuff > 15.8 phys dmg + 2% accuracy per point.

as we learned before, those phs nodes scale both parts of our damage.

Just remember that the goal of the build with Doomfletch is NOT to stack elemental damage on the gear/tree/auras/heralds.
The goal is to stack Physical damage to gain huge elemental damage!

2. Tornado shot would work almost the same with the build. The mechanics of the skills are different ofc and you probably wont need pierce (nodes). But i find the skill interferior to LA in singletarget and aoe.
a quick check teached me that ppl use blast rain for singletarget with it (nado shot is already a relatively good singletarget skill), if you would wanna use it something has to go for the frenzy+pcoc+coh+herald+assmark, which would be frenzy+pcoc and heraldstuff instead of frostwall.

Personally i dont like blastrain on crit builds (the knockback on crit is kinda annoying for me).

"
Thanks for the replies. Maybe I was just trying to justify my 1R 2G 2B 5L! I guess crit damage isn't a bad option.

while blue is worse than green in pure damage it has some utility

- pcoc for more reliable charge uptime, especially on bosses. Also curse immune maps.
- innervate for faster low to midtier maps
- rarity gem for some mf
- crit multi for solid damage.

like we learned before ;)

Edit: I will optimize the build regarding the mechanics (phys over elemental nodes) as soon as i have time for it. Thats the most important difference to other bow builds.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 25, 2016, 1:12:29 AM
Thanks for the quick response! Understood what u mentioned.

Once again, great guide, very detailed! Cheers!
More updates in the guide (mechanics, flasks)

Had my first death yesterday in a Tier6 map. Offscreened into a pack with a reflect rare and my 4.5k HP was gone. I think evasion is better as far as reflect goes. I'm not that happy with how much damage i take currently, even when flasked up. Quills deal a lot of damage if i dont shatter them first.

Currently level 76, i'm opting for around 5.5k HP at the end.

Here's my gear:

Any thoughts on what I should replace next? I'm guessing the rings. Also, how much armour will I need to become reasonably tanky? I'm at 28k with flask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info