Development Manifesto: Prophecy Changes

I dont really get why everyone is so mad about backtracking

Just make sealing cost 1/2/3/4 coins 1 for act 1 2 for act 2 etc.

Anyways 20% more chance for 100% chance orb or 6l just means i have -20% more luck
"
Chris wrote:

Reduction of Backtracking in the End-game

The Prophecies that require hunting down a rare monster to get a Unique item or require killing a boss while wielding an item now make up a substantially smaller amount of the overall Prophecy pool. These Prophecies often required backtracking (or luck) and would clog people's Prophecy screens for too long. After this reduction, the great majority of Prophecies you encounter in the end-game are ones you can actively pursue without having to leave Maps.

I already don't get these prophecies very often. Can I get a higher chance of getting these prophecies if I talk to Navali in A1M or A2M.

Going to be kind of pissed if I can't get fated uniques because whiners had to quit jerking off in maps for a few minutes to clear a prophecy.
Last edited by FarmerTed on Jun 21, 2016, 12:09:49 PM
"Players retention on the similar level as perandus"

What ? Error margin 50%?

// slowly clicking Overwatch Icone >_>
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Thanks for that corrupt tip Chris, i had that one stuck there for a really long time, a pretty simple way to get that prophecy done.
"
FarmerTed wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

The Prophecies that require hunting down a rare monster to get a Unique item or require killing a boss while wielding an item now make up a substantially smaller amount of the overall Prophecy pool. These Prophecies often required backtracking (or luck) and would clog people's Prophecy screens for too long. After this reduction, the great majority of Prophecies you encounter in the end-game are ones you can actively pursue without having to leave Maps.

I already don't get these prophecies very often. Can I get a higher chance of getting these prophecies if I talk to Navali in A1M or A2M.

Going to be kind of pissed if I can't get fated uniques because whiners had to quit jerking off in maps for a few minutes to clear a prophecy.

Even at this point I get the prophecies way more often than I get to find the regarding "base-uniques". Granted, for some players it might be the other way around. However you can always buy these prophecies or the uniques on the market, so I really don't see how reducing the overall occurrence would pose much of a problem to begin with... Unless you are going for Voidhearts in particular, it should be very easy and relatively cheap to pile up on fated uniques in the weeks to come.

As for hunting certain rares, it really is a matter of luck. I had to track down an axiom-thunderguard once and I literally had like 24 prison-instances open, until I found that one rare thunderguard to get the prophecy out the way. And that's when things get irritating, because your "couple minutes" turned into about 20 minutes for me, which was extremely unrewarding, to say the least. And that's got nothing to do with whiners, or jerking off for that matter. The economy is there for a reason, so you might as well use it instead of insulting players who are unhappy about how things are at this point in time.
[quote="ScrotieMcB"]It's just, like, people's opinions, man.

But I cannot respect motherf♪♫♫♪rs calling something a simulator, when it isn't one.[/quote]

Mors edited this post first.
"
Sure_K4y wrote:
"
FarmerTed wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Even at this point I get the prophecies way more often than I get to find the regarding "base-uniques". Granted, for some players it might be the other way around. However you can always buy these prophecies or the uniques on the market, so I really don't see how reducing the overall occurrence would pose much of a problem to begin with... Unless you are going for Voidhearts in particular, it should be very easy and relatively cheap to pile up on fated uniques in the weeks to come.

As for hunting certain rares, it really is a matter of luck. I had to track down an axiom-thunderguard once and I literally had like 24 prison-instances open, until I found that one rare thunderguard to get the prophecy out the way. And that's when things get irritating, because your "couple minutes" turned into about 20 minutes for me, which was extremely unrewarding, to say the least. And that's got nothing to do with whiners, or jerking off for that matter. The economy is there for a reason, so you might as well use it instead of insulting players who are unhappy about how things are at this point in time.

Not everyone is interested in playing the trading game. GGG reducing the occurence of some prophecies based on some people whining about it slowing the game is BS. You go use the economy to buy prophecies you want so you don't have to deal with the RNG.
sweet baby cheesus I love Prophecy :)
I think this would be hard to complain about being rolled into the permanent leagues. It is easy to ignore/opt out if you do not like it, and adds a very basic addition to the economy that wont throw it for any major loops.

I "like" prophecy. Dont love - but I like the simplistic, questing style, especially since it sounds like there will be a lot less backtracking. At level 80, I seem to have horrible luck getting prophecies that want to keep me out of maps.
backtracking was not a problem for me, problem was that there is no reason to go back.

something as simple as adding theme rewards for killing those monsters would bee enought.
for instance killing that fire golem in act 1 could give 100% chance to drop 1-2 rares with 1 or 2 mods related to fire, that or giving monsters the chance to drop items with special signature mods.

something i didnt see there and it will be a significant quality of life improvment is to make prophecys check the character progress, i was half way trhow act 1 merciless and already had 5 prophecys for act 3, act4 and even lab.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
caboom wrote:
backtracking was not a problem for me, problem was that there is no reason to go back.

something as simple as adding theme rewards for killing those monsters would bee enought.
for instance killing that fire golem in act 1 could give 100% chance to drop 1-2 rares with 1 or 2 mods related to fire, that or giving monsters the chance to drop items with special signature mods.

something i didnt see there and it will be a significant quality of life improvment is to make prophecys check the character progress, i was half way trhow act 1 merciless and already had 5 prophecys for act 3, act4 and even lab.

For myself, I'm getting too many backtracking quests. In A4 merc I just got 3 propecies that require me to grind through A1 and A2 again. Yeah, I can seal 'em etc. Nor do I mind trading. But... getting something requiring me to go back to the crypt (for example) is kinda lame.

Prophecies are predictions of things _ahead_ of us, yes?

except here. Just seems, i dunno, not completely thought-through.
I like fast, pointy daggers AND CHAOS DAMAGE... not necessarily in that order.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info