Development Manifesto: Prophecy Changes

Much needed fixes, thanks!
Thank you so much for these changes! Still rooting for a fated Cloak of Flame! Just one of my old fave uniques.
Good maybe I won't be bored like I do not like back tracking it's so fucking terrible like I can deal with it in like lets say Resident evil etc but this shit? ARPG naw naw I don't like that shit.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Chris wrote:
This league is super easy to tweak and add content to, so we're going to continue to solicit and respond to feedback over the next couple of months. It's also a good candidate for being rolled back into the core game in some form afterwards, so we're keen to hit a balance that everyone likes.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

no ascendancy (lab) tweak news = thumbs down
Mostly good stuff. But does this mean voidheart is going to be more rare? D:
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I hope eventually we can get it updated so that you don't have to zone change to enable certain prophecies. Like The Mysterious Gift prophecy.
El Psy Congroo.
I understand that I'm strange, but I actually enjoy the backtracking prophecies. I mean I don't care for going back a difficulty when I didn't manage to complete something in Act 4, but I like occasionally breaking the monotony of maps with traveling back through Merciless difficulty to pickup some things. When the rares simply don't exist, that can certainly be a pain, but otherwise I like having an incentive to travel through areas I've already been. I'd like to see more of that in this game, so I hope these prophecies won't be too rare, although perhaps more compelling incentives could be implemented sometime.

In any case, I've really been enjoying Prophecy and would dearly love to see it incorporated into the core game, with the understanding that some adjustments will need to be made. (Could that make Navali Path of Exile's equivalent of Deckard Cain? The one NPC who's with you in all acts.) While there seem to be balance problems to consider, one of my favorite new mechanics is performing challenges that upgrade low-level unique items to something that can carry you through later levels and difficulties. I would like to see more of this sort of thing.
Last edited by laiel on Jun 21, 2016, 12:15:32 AM
"
no ascendancy (lab) tweak news = thumbs down

The only sentence he underlined, mate.

"
Remember, this post was not the full patch notes for 2.3.1, just the Prophecy stuff.
There's one other issue (for me anyway) that this post haven't address and that is when you engage with prophecies in normal and cruel difficulty it slows up the leveling process too much. When I started my third and fourth characters I completely ignore prophecies until I got to merciless and I was able to get there at least twice as fast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info