Development Manifesto: Prophecy Changes

Some prophecies adds a new fun way to make currency. Been doing some Kaoms sign fated runs and make 4c / kaom kill. Good fun
"
Vhlad wrote:
It better be rolled into the core game, along with all of the current fated uniques.

As a standard player I'm starting to feel really REALLY neglected.

This is why I am on hiatus from POE. Nothing came out of the last two leagues for standard players. In the past I could look forward to the leagues rolling in after waiting 4 months.

They hate us Standard players and want to force us into league play.
How about performance issues? The changes you guys made to the sound system and the way the game loads initially has done nothing but create new issues for me. I would rather wait an extra 2 minutes for the game to load then be presented with a client that appears to be ready but doesn't allow real game play for the same duration, sometimes longer, and will crash if you try to do anything while ram is loading up. I never saw random crashes in game until now as well.

I would rather you guys put effort into sorting that out than tweaking game balance at this point. It feels like all you did was take away the loading screen.
That's a choice you make. If you don't want to do the prophecies, skip them. They're not required. They are an added feature of the game that you can do or not do at your whim. This is just like Vaal side areas, master missions, strongboxes, labrynth trials (more "required" than these others, I'll admit) all of which slow down leveling. They don't need to be tweaked.
great news.

Im in the late 80s in that league, Ive basically been chasing down prophecies for the most, not rly gaming the system too much just doing virtually all of them and it feels like Im spending 95% of my time outside of maps trying to kill X boss wearing X item for the 20th time or trying to track down an Axion Thunderbugger who just wont spawn after reseting then full clearing upper prison 7 times in a row.

"
Vhlad wrote:
It better be rolled into the core game, along with all of the current fated uniques.

theres a lot of posts like this. Chris I rly liked the idea you put forward on the last podcast of having global type events where you could turn on talisman for a week or turn on a mass torment for a weekend etc. It would be nice to see these truly global, occurring in the challenge leagues and standard league simultaneously.

Theres mods like torment, warbands, tempest, talisman etc that would seem to suit this kind of application. I play temp and perm, its not as big a deal for me that these things come and go, but theres many guys like vhlad here who dont and even for people like me, Ive never played the Rigwald fight, didnt get a chance to, would love to try it on all my chars eventually.... will that ever happen? Or will I never get the chance to play that fight? I didnt kill atziri in the atziri temp league, nor Rigs, I probably wont play against the council in this league because all my serious characters are in standard. I play leagues but I play them as a way to get away from high level play which is all I do in standard, when you add in purely high level stuff to a league I probably wont ever get to play it if it doesnt carry over like atziri did.

For me I could see prophecy fitting into this sort of model, an intense full on prophecy for a 2 week period occurring once every 3 months rather than a watered down perm fixture. We can already see every unique that drops from the drop a unique prophs inherently become worthless very quickly, the act of giving it to us takes away its value entirely. A matter of weeks in and already the fated uniques are just flooded >99 results, how long can they hold any value when they have been in the game for 6 months and everyone has 30 of each and cant even give away the sealed prophecy? 5 links are worthless, truly worthless because of that prophecy which just further adds to this thing where the odds of 5 linking or 6 linking with fusing by hand are so low compared to the ease at which prophs, div cards etc are handing out links trivially that the whole fusing by hand thing is just fucked, its comparative expense is in no way balanced against these alternate methods the way a 1500 bench was and its destroying the rewards from actually gambling with the orbs, its like buying a £100 ticket for a lottery which pays out £10, youve undercut your own mechanics and made them a farce. Another currency where you are now an idiot for using it as an orb and not as gold coins.

These things are not sustainable long term, the rate of decay on these issues already in this league tells me its not even sustainable for a 3 monther at the current rate. How watered down and gated behind bs would these things have to be in order to be a perm feature and yet still actually be worth anything to anyone the way they have been for these first few weeks they have been around? Its a mechanic thats going to completely saturate itself within 2 months, destroying its own rewards. Imo better to chop up that 2 months into 2 week chunks and spread it over 18 months in intense, full fat fortnights than just throw it in permanently and either let it eat itself very quickly or water it down so we get a talisman type feel where the reward is potentially there but its locked behind such a time sink that you cant bring yourself to be bothered. Everyone in standard will own a council bow at this rate, they will own about 5 of them and bows will become you either use council or you have a mirrored harbinger. Voidheart? So when everyone owns 10 voidhearts and starts skipping that prophecy what does that do to melee builds? I havent been gaming the system and mass sealing prophecies, couple of weeks into the league I already have a couple of voidhearts, how many people already own 10 of them? Too many, way too many for this even to be sustainable for the rest of this league never mind forever into the horizon.
Prophecy is very clunky when running maps. Time to seal my prophecy's and hope for some map related ones again. Please add a map only button or something and just make them keep up with your level. So many feel like a waste of time and backtracking too much. The lazy option sealing them ????? Enough said.
"
Rawrasawr wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:

This is why I am on hiatus from POE. Nothing came out of the last two leagues for standard players. In the past I could look forward to the leagues rolling in after waiting 4 months.

They hate us Standard players and want to force us into league play.

Gonna be honest, I played this league a lot in the first week but now just a couple of hours here and there. It isn't too hard to just make a farming character and do some of these Prophecies. My goal is to bring back 3-4 tabs of good Fated Uniques by the end of the league, depending on what is available. You can do the same for yourself.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
tnt533 wrote:
How about performance issues? The changes you guys made to the sound system and the way the game loads initially has done nothing but create new issues for me. I would rather wait an extra 2 minutes for the game to load then be presented with a client that appears to be ready but doesn't allow real game play for the same duration, sometimes longer, and will crash if you try to do anything while ram is loading up. I never saw random crashes in game until now as well.

I would rather you guys put effort into sorting that out than tweaking game balance at this point. It feels like all you did was take away the loading screen.

For now, if you want to turn off background preloading, I suggest you to check this url: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1678815 .

thx for this guys. 2 things missing from the top of my head:

fix for the game crashes
fix for streamers' rng
"
Good maybe I won't be bored like I do not like back tracking it's so fucking terrible like I can deal with it in like lets say Resident evil etc but this shit? ARPG naw naw I don't like that shit.

What?
I am really not as bad as they say I am.

I am actually a really nice person.

Haaahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahaha

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info