[2.3] Max block Poison/Bleed Earthquake Gladiator Run UNID maps with ease.

This build is essentially a duplicate of a 2.2 build/tree (which may very well be coincidence given Duelist start and limited availability of block and phys DoT nodes) that highlights use of Voidheart + Breath of Council rather than originally using "Causes Bleeding" master craft mod + Poison gem.

For anyone looking here that can't afford a Void + Council but wants to play Block EQ + DoTs, the original budget build accomplishes the same things with neither unique required. The trees are virtually identical:

Spoiler
Budget Bleed/Poison Block EQ Gladiator: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656138

Full disclosure: I don't know or play with either author, just pointing out a budget alternative. Void + Council is going to be stronger, of course.
"
Halezor wrote:
This build is essentially a duplicate of a 2.2 build/tree (which may very well be coincidence given Duelist start and limited availability of block and phys DoT nodes) that highlights use of Voidheart + Breath of Council rather than originally using "Causes Bleeding" master craft mod + Poison gem.

For anyone looking here that can't afford a Void + Council but wants to play Block EQ + DoTs, the original budget build accomplishes the same things with neither unique required. The trees are virtually identical:

Spoiler
Budget Bleed/Poison Block EQ Gladiator: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1656138

Full disclosure: I don't know or play with either author, just pointing out a budget alternative. Void + Council is going to be stronger, of course.

Well shit , you're correct.
Was definitely not intentional , when i made my build his was 2.2 and not updated.
IGN : ShadFlicker (Rampage) / Shadbeyond (Beyond)
Last edited by Shadirrasda on Jul 6, 2016, 5:35:15 PM
Why Outmatch and Outlast? When we can keep frenzy charges up with blood rage anyways, and 10% more dmg on full frenzy charges, uhm.. Isn't it better to pick blood in eyes and get 30% more dmg cuz of the continuous bleeding, 6% reduced damage perm-likely and maim chance? Or did i miss something?

Otherwise very nice build, I'm following it, but that's one concern so far.

Cheers.
In game: gg_wp_easy
SHOP: view-thread/1685674
"
COYG wrote:
Why Outmatch and Outlast? When we can keep frenzy charges up with blood rage anyways, and 10% more dmg on full frenzy charges, uhm.. Isn't it better to pick blood in eyes and get 30% more dmg cuz of the continuous bleeding, 6% reduced damage perm-likely and maim chance? Or did i miss something?

Otherwise very nice build, I'm following it, but that's one concern so far.

Cheers.

Honestly it is a toss-up.

However it's 10% MORE damage (multiplicative) versus 30% INCREASED damage (not multiplicative but ADDITIVE), the wording here is extremely important.

As a calculated example (i didn't count it exactly) if you have 400% increased damage (not an unlikely number to hit when you include jewels) and hit for 100 damage normally

you will simply use base + 400% (4x100=400) so you will end up with 500 damage

So after this , you can add 30% increased damage (ADDITIVE) ,putting the number to 430% extra damage so you end up with an attack dealing 530 damage total

However , if you get 10% MORE damage , you get a multiplier on top of this you will get :

Base attack 100 > 400% INCREASED damage making it a 500 damage attack , then you add 10% MORE (500x0.1=50) 500+50=550

I know the math is rough and i definitely didn't follow mathematical rules but i hope this example explains to you how 30% increased damage can be less than 10% MORE damage.

Also i personally really like the "10% reduced physical damage taken on full endurance charges"
Last edited by Shadirrasda on Jul 7, 2016, 4:56:24 PM
Yeah, seems a fair info for me. But how can i get endurance charges, when I have my weapon in main hand? Don't I only gain frenzies from this ascendancy cluster with EQ? Are these the likes of counter skills from blockin?
Last edited by COYG on Jul 7, 2016, 5:20:12 PM
"
Shadirrasda wrote:

2% of ES per block on 500ES is 10 ES per block , that's almost nothing in t12+ maps

this is not how aegis works, you gain 2% of your armour as energy shield, im running this build with 5k hp 1k es 16k arm unbuffed (soon more es/ar) pure phys with meele on full life instead of inc aoe and its really solid, slightly changed tree ofc
Last edited by tEdomir on Jul 7, 2016, 5:31:47 PM
"
COYG wrote:
Yeah, seems a fair info for me. But how can i get endurance charges, when I have my weapon in main hand? Don't I only gain frenzies from this ascendancy cluster with EQ? Are these the likes of counter skills from blockin?

Vengeace - Reckoning - Riposte - Endurance charge on Melee stun

also i used an enduring cry gem.
"
tEdomir wrote:
"
Shadirrasda wrote:

2% of ES per block on 500ES is 10 ES per block , that's almost nothing in t12+ maps

this is not how aegis works, you gain 2% of your armour as energy shield, im running this build with 5k hp 1k es 16k arm unbuffed (soon more es/ar) pure phys with meele on full life instead of inc aoe and its really solid, slightly changed tree ofc

Right , i never knew this , haven't honestly looked at the shield critically for such a long time , i've never actually played any form of an ES build myself , TIL! :) thank you!
"
tEdomir wrote:
"
Shadirrasda wrote:

Could you post your tree and the gear you are using? I want to go Aegis too, with some hybrid chest.
"
COYG wrote:
"
tEdomir wrote:
"
Shadirrasda wrote:

Could you post your tree and the gear you are using? I want to go Aegis too, with some hybrid chest.

check my profile, Ernmund_II is the char I talked about

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info