[2.3] Max block Poison/Bleed Earthquake Gladiator Run UNID maps with ease.

Hello my name is Shadirrasda , but most people in-game know me as Shad.
After being asked quite a few times , I've decided to make a build guide for my current build.

This build can do EVERY MAP MOD , i mainly run unidentified rare T13-T15 maps.
For blood magic , disable Grace and Blasphemy and play more careful (you will have plenty of range on your aftershock to stay safe).
For physical reflect , be sure to keep your Rumi's up and running at any time you are attacking.

Defenses with 4endurance/3frenzy/rumi's/atziri's flask

Unid Shrine (T14) Clear

Passive Tree

26 points :
45 points :
78 points :
110 points :

Ascendency choices : Gladiator
1,2 : Gratuitous Violence
3,4 : Outmatch and Outlast
5,6 : Painforged
7,8 : Versatile Combatant

Bandits :

Normal - Help Oak
Cruel - Help Oak
Merc - Help Oak or Kraitlyn

Gear : Voidheart and Breath of the council are the only REQUIRED items in this build , Rumi's is required to achieve max block , but you can use a granite flask until you can afford one.

Spoiler

Gearing priority's : Because of IR you can mix and match Armour/Evasion gear depending on your gem color needs

Helmet : Devoto's > Rare helmet (High AR or EV or AR/EV + Life > Resistances)

Chest : Rare 6Link High AR or EV or AR/EV (Life+res) > Belly of the beast > Random 6L > Tabula rasa > 5Link Belly

Gloves : Flat Phys > Life > Resistances > Attack speed > Armour/Evasion%

Boots : Rare (Movement speed (20+) > Life > Resistances > High AR/EV)

Shield : High EV/AR > Block chance > Life > Resistances \\ Lioneye's Remorse is a great alternative if you already have plenty of resistances.

Weapon : Breath of the Council > Breath of the Council > Breath of the Council

Ring 1 : VoidHeart

Ring 2 : Flat physical damage > Life > Resistances

Amulet : Flat physical damage > Life > Resistances > ??Mana leech?? > Stats

Belt : Rustic sash > Leather Belt \\ Life > Flat armour > Resistances

Stats that have ZERO effect on the build :

Any type of Flat or percentage elemental damage (Including weapon elemental damage).

Stats that have MINOR effect on this build but are not required : Attack Speed

Flask choices :

Must :
1 Seething Divine flask of (Staunching/bleed or Heat/freeze)
1 Experimenter's Quicksilver flask of Adrenaline
1 Bubbling or Seething Divine flask of (Staunching/bleed or Heat/freeze)
1 Rumi's Concoction (Max block) OR Lion's Roar (Max damage) OR xxx Granite flask of Iron Skin (budget)
1 Atziri's Promise (Chaos resistance) OR Lion's Roar (If you chose a Rumi's or are using a tabula rasa)

You will need at least one item with % mana leech (or on ring/amulet/gloves)
If you can not get enough resistances on your gear to be elemental weakness capped (169 in hideout) , consider swapping out the devoto's devotion to a rare helmet with resistances.

For jewels , if you don't have mana leech on gloves/neck/rings pick up one jewel with %mana leech aside from that , my jewel search would be : physical damage , physical damage with melee , physical dmg with shields , physical dmg with maces , damage over time , life % , melee damage and area damage.

Additionaly useful stats to have on Jewels are : Attack speed , Attack speed while wearing a shield , Attack speed while using maces , Resistances , Stats , %armour or %Life leech.

Gem links

Main attack : Earthquake - Less duration - Fortify - Rapid Decay - Melee physical damage - Increased area of effect
If you only have a 5link , drop Increased AOE

For bosses i recommend keeping a Concentrated effect on hand to swap with the Increased AOE

4links :

Vengeace - Reckoning - Riposte - Endurance charge on Melee stun

Vaal haste - Immortal Call(lv3) - Cast when damage taken(lv1) - Increased Duration

3links :

Vulnerability - Blasphemy

Leap Slam - Blood magic - Faster attacks

Misc : Grace , Blood rage , Portal gem , Enduring cry

IGN : ShadFlicker (Rampage) / Shadbeyond (Beyond)
Last edited by Shadirrasda on Jul 5, 2016, 7:04:18 AM
Last bumped on Feb 14, 2017, 9:20:41 AM
Full disclosure: I'm a guildmate

This build is ridiculously fun! I leveled as Facebreaker Shield Charge until I could use Breath of the Council and it was fast and ridiculous as hell. I used Blasphemy linked to Warlords' Mark and Herald of Ash and the only things to even put a dent in me were Mid-Act and End Act bosses where I switched in Infernal Blow to take them down.

Personally I took Gratuitous Violence first, followed by Painforged and Versatile Combatant, and I'm debating taking Blood in the Eyes over Outmatch and Outlast.

Also personally, I'm taking more block on the tree because I can't afford Rumi's yet, so I took the Shield Block node above the notable Solidity which got me to ~50% block.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.
--Douglas Adams
hi! is this build viable for uber runs?
"
zmarki wrote:
hi! is this build viable for uber runs?

I honestly have not tried , but it can do double boss abyss/colosseum on unid/8mod maps , so i don't doubt that it could , but it probably wouldn't be the fastest since atziri doesn't move much (bleed/walking does a big portion of the damage)

If you swap to lion's roar , add in ancestral warchief and use conc effect instead of increased AOE i'm fairly certain it's viable.
Last edited by Shadirrasda on Jun 21, 2016, 12:07:35 PM
made some minor changes
Would a Belly of the Beast fit this build more than a generic tri resis / high armor rare?
What sort of jewels do you recommend?

Also I find that I am not able to keep frenzy at 4 for very much of the time. Is that ascendancy node the only way you generate them? It hardly seems worth it sometimes.
"
Dromidas wrote:
What sort of jewels do you recommend?

Also I find that I am not able to keep frenzy at 4 for very much of the time. Is that ascendancy node the only way you generate them? It hardly seems worth it sometimes.

Did you miss the "blood rage" gem? that could be it.

For jewels , if you don't have mana leech on gloves/neck/rings pick up one jewel with %mana leech aside from that , my jewel search would be : physical damage , physical damage with melee , physical dmg with shields , physical dmg with maces , damage over time , life % , melee damage and area damage

Secondary would be resistances , attack speed , % armour and chaos damage.

"
TourGuide wrote:
Would a Belly of the Beast fit this build more than a generic tri resis / high armor rare?

Belly of the beast would work great if you can grab a 6 linked one , i actually leveled this build with a tabula rasa up to level 88 myself , you have to play a bit more careful (or grab a great shield to compensate).
I personally tried a lightning coil as well , but felt it wasn't doing to much since i had 85-89% physical damage reduction anyways.
Last edited by Shadirrasda on Jul 3, 2016, 4:14:04 PM
How would The Anvil work in this build instead of running a devoto? (If you don't have the currency for one)
What is your tooltip dps? I tried killing some bosses and it wasnt as fast as yours :)))))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info