Name your 3 most broken things in PvP

61k dot that you can't really properly mitigate (also using rapid decay instead of conc)
pic from sarn

Last edited by lapiz on Jun 22, 2016, 4:08:16 PM
God forbid you'd use Vulnerability on top of this... Ho wait.

Penetration is useless tho, the dot don't hit. Rookie mistake lapiz, i'm disappointed ^^
Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 22, 2016, 4:18:16 PM
"
gump124 wrote:
All things considered, it's rock paper scissors for all builds... every build has a counter that they can't beat.

Having said that, some builds are easier to abuse than most. I'll give my top 3

1) EA or inquistor crit EA
=> secondary damage spam. But can be countered by cwdt+dash, as long as you have the hp to tank some damage.

2) Mines
=> shotgunning spells is stupid, I can setup 11 gc mines each avg 12k - pvp reduction is only 10% less dmg, so potentially, you get hit for 120k avg, no one survives that unless cwdt+dash. Only real solution is to offscreen, anything short of that have no chance of beating miners

3) Herald builds
=> ignoring block/dodge is op in pvp. Also don't need a lot of gear investment, add that with pathfinder's pots, it's pretty easy to kill things and sustain. But can't kill high regen builds, and can be outplayed by traps/mines

The only build I've seen that's close to being able to take on everything, is Shin's build. Funny how he's the only one that never complains :P

The absolute best build that doesn't lose to anything at the moment is an inquisitor with firestorm OR elemental blade vortex. You just can beat those 2 archetypes at the moment if they are bis geared and properly built utility-wise.. This is in a best of 7 scenario of course
"
IceDeal wrote:
God forbid you'd use Vulnerability on top of this... Ho wait.

Penetration is useless tho, the dot don't hit. Rookie mistake lapiz, i'm disappointed ^^

Hmm true :P So lets add another 60% more multiplier on top of that
"
lapiz wrote:

much better indeed ^^
"
IceDeal wrote:

Doesn't mean it can't be fun tho ^^

It is! As long as things don't reach pre 2.3 spark, pvp will be alright.

"
lapiz wrote:

The absolute best build that doesn't lose to anything at the moment is an inquisitor with firestorm OR elemental blade vortex. You just can beat those 2 archetypes at the moment if they are bis geared and properly built utility-wise.. This is in a best of 7 scenario of course

Agreed on the firestorm inquisitor, but my miner can still take out bv with relative ease. Ball lightning vs cwdt+dash, or gc mines if they take it off. I pvp'd against fyndel, he beat my miner after switching setups a few times to finally firestorm + inc duration

"
IceDeal wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

much better indeed ^^

don't forget rf+low life. break that 100k degen barrier!
______________________M
"
gump124 wrote:

don't forget rf+low life. break that 100k degen barrier!

RF was on already in the last pic but... job got done anyhow

That is nasty. Good, but nasty.

136k dot... gg
______________________M
Goddamn, and I thought my 12k was obnoxious...

Then again, you fucks have like, decent gear and shit and I have no investment in DoT. Kinda jealous though...
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
i doubt that blade vortex can deal with mines. 7l BA mines with pb on tree can one shot 20k ES + deceiver, i did the testings.
i played versus shadowthefall's vortex and i had 4-0 there. firestorm can be tricky, but i also doubt that it would very strong since there is always a chance that it can get offscreen'd. i dont get surprised when i one shot 14k ES from high distance.

but its typical lapiz, he always likes to think that the build he choses to play is the best. we get used to it.

and i cant miss this one:

136k cold damage per second... sounds legit.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jun 22, 2016, 5:18:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info