[2.4] Chaos Wander Assassin - Fast clear, tanky, ALL map mods

I made the switch to KB at 55 (second half of act 3 cruel), couldn't stand ED+Contagion anymore, had a character using that the majority of the previous season.

For now its doing relatively well, will improve a lot once I hit 59 to use queen of the forest as well, the only hickup is that it is impossible to maintain mana, have to use one mana potion at all times (i did rush the 0.4% mana leech node, not helping much for now).

My character is visible on profile, so if someone wants to take a look go for it.

My next upgrades (once I hit the required levels) are:
Spoiler
Last edited by Palaryel on Jun 17, 2016, 6:00:32 AM
No shame in having a mana pot, especially for leveling when your damage isn't high enough for mana leech. You want one around for no-leech maps anyway.

You may wanna consider getting a second mana leech node for now in order to free up a flask slot.

Anyway, uploaded a new video! It's a Gorge run that shows tank as well as clearspeed. You can definitely see a damage improvement over the Plateau run now that I have chaos damage crafted on my rings and amulet.
Hey man, why not go with the Obliteration Wand? It's perfect for your build and you'll get way more dps out of it, especially with the shadow start. With very minimal investment you should get more added chaos from the conversion. Plus physical damage can be leeched on top of your attack damage leech.

Pretty funny that we have almost the exact same tree. The major difference is I grabbed Method to Madness and travelled to the Scion life rectangle. In order to do so, I dropped most the shadow "fluff" stuff. Like the damage over time, Nullification, etc.
here's my tree level 90

Anyway, I highly suggest you think about these things, might be a nice cheap free upgrade.

Oh, and i don't know if you saw the video by ziggyd, but this new chest is basically the lightning coil of evasion, and its simply amazing (and cheap).

What kind of tooltip DPS do you have with KB? I am curious which wand could stack higher chaos damage.
IGN: dbk or BONGSANDTHONGS if you prefer
Last edited by datbabykilla on Jun 18, 2016, 1:37:54 AM
My KB tooltip DPS is 22145 with 5 power charges, 5 frenzy charges, and blood rage. 95% of it being chaos damage.

I didn't go with Obliteration because:

1. Once you start getting Projectile damage increases and Crit, the physical damage component gets more prominent which made me worry about phys reflect, especially in no-leech maps.

2. It has a lower DPS ceiling, an imbued wand can get much more attack speed and crit multi.

3. It requires getting certain gear pieces to add chaos damage, such as a second wand (less evasion and life), shadows and dust (need a poison support to replace snakebite), and atziri's promise (one less flask slot).

Kintsugi is a preferential thing, do you want to be faster or tankier? Up to you.

Anyway, added a Pale Council video.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jun 18, 2016, 8:38:58 AM
Yo mate. Wonderful guide! I wanted to do for the first time a wanderer chara :D

I was thinking about making an atziri/lab runner. I think this is great for uberlab runs but my first slayer is also good. Though, the split phase of Atzìri sometimes fucks me coz i cant see very well where the mirror is (also, i have so much AoE that i can't control it... i hit 3 of the 4 copies simultaneosly, that's the big problem).

So. This build is a chaos build. Have you done some atziri runs? How's the trio?
Haven't done Atziri yet but it shouldn't be a problem, done it deathless before on squishier and lesser DPS builds. It's on the list to do and if midnight doesn't drop for me I'll end up buying it.

Uber Atziri is more a matter of skill (which I don't have lol), though I've no doubt this build has sufficient mobility, tank and DPS to do it.
I'm thinking if it is possible (and worth it) to reach the witch wand nodes, its 'only' 5 travel points away and and additional 8-11 points for the nodes (depending on if you take the 3 damage nodes to the left). It possibly could add more damage than the Atrophy branch. Alternatively Ballistics Mastery and the accompanying projectile damage nodes are a nice and cheaper alternative.
Last edited by Palaryel on Jun 18, 2016, 9:43:56 PM
"
Novalisk wrote:
Haven't done Atziri yet but it shouldn't be a problem, done it deathless before on squishier and lesser DPS builds. It's on the list to do and if midnight doesn't drop for me I'll end up buying it.

Uber Atziri is more a matter of skill (which I don't have lol), though I've no doubt this build has sufficient mobility, tank and DPS to do it.

Honestly i can't see how this build can reach a good dps to take down uber atziri "quickly". I mean. You have a good wand on, probably worth something like 50c. But how can you get another wand with a lot more damage? Also, it doesn't seem to me that the other gear pieces gives you some damage.

Though, im happy to hear that normal atziri goes down very quickly. I will think about uber when i'll get the 4 mortal pieces.. dunno if i'll get them this league.

Just to know: do you kill uber izaro so fast that when you run the uberlab, you let him take always all the bonuses to farm the maximum keys (apart when he has the charges)?
Last edited by Serge91 on Jun 19, 2016, 2:21:42 AM
"
Palaryel wrote:
I'm thinking if it is possible (and worth it) to reach the witch wand nodes, its 'only' 5 travel points away and and additional 8-11 points for the nodes (depending on if you take the 3 damage nodes to the left). It possibly could add more damage than the Atrophy branch. Alternatively Ballistics Mastery and the accompanying projectile damage nodes are a nice and cheaper alternative.

The 5 travel nodes make it not worth IMO. Would have to give up too much elsewhere.

"
Serge91 wrote:

Honestly i can't see how this build can reach a good dps to take down uber atziri "quickly". I mean. You have a good wand on, probably worth something like 50c. But how can you get another wand with a lot more damage? Also, it doesn't seem to me that the other gear pieces gives you some damage.

Chaos damage on jewelry adds a nice chunk of DPS, as does the accuracy+attack speed on snakebite and the crit+attack speed on rat's nest. Also i'm still using a 5L.

"
Though, im happy to hear that normal atziri goes down very quickly. I will think about uber when i'll get the 4 mortal pieces.. dunno if i'll get them this league.

Just to know: do you kill uber izaro so fast that when you run the uberlab, you let him take always all the bonuses to farm the maximum keys (apart when he has the charges)?

Haven't done uber Izaro more than a couple times, and he didn't really take long to kill. Between the poison and KB frost wall pierce I haven't had a lengthy boss fight as long as I initiate at full frenzy charges.
Last edited by Novalisk on Jun 19, 2016, 3:16:50 AM
"
Novalisk wrote:
"
Palaryel wrote:

The 5 travel nodes make it not worth IMO. Would have to give up too much elsewhere.

"
Serge91 wrote:

Chaos damage on jewelry adds a nice chunk of DPS, as does the accuracy+attack speed on snakebite and the crit+attack speed on rat's nest. Also i'm still using a 5L.

"

Haven't done uber Izaro more than a couple times, and he didn't really take long to kill. Between the poison and KB frost wall pierce I haven't had a lengthy boss fight as long as I initiate at full frenzy charges.

What i was trying to say is that, apart from the 6l, you probably can't upgrade a lot the dps even if you wanted to spend a lot of money: you almost have reached the top end for this build. I suppose you have already the top chaos mod on the wand; probably the only upgrade you can do is to find a similar wand but with even multiplier? Surely chaos damage and rats+snake gives some good damage. But i dunno how to increase the damage even further... maybe i'm understimating a bit the damage, though. The only way is to try it :p

By the way, what's your crit chance and multi with all buffs on?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info