PoE-ItemInfo Script (Version 2.3+)

This is the new thread for the highly useful PoE-ItemInfo Script. It shows the tiers of your item's affixes as well as helpful information on maps, divination cards, gems and currency.

The script was originally developed by hazydoc, later managed as an open community project by Bahnzo and is now here. If you want to contribute to the script, you are welcome to do so.

======================================================================

Current Version: https://github.com/aRTy42/POE-ItemInfo/releases

The script is not always right. Take it as a helper, not as absolute certainty.

The script can not detect or analyze essence crafts properly, as they are not marked ingame. Special shaper/elder mods are also currently not supported, please use the advanced mod display ingame for those (with the "alt" key, when enabled in options).

There is also the TradeMacro which includes this script. If you are interested in additional functions for checking prices, take a look at the GitHub page or forum thread.

How To Use

1) Your game must be in "Windowed Fullscreen" or "Windowed" mode. Will not work in full screen. It also only works with the english version of the game.

2) Install a recent AutoHotkey version from >> http://ahkscript.org <<

3) Download the ItemInfo-Script from GitHub. It is named "Source Code (zip)" on the release page and will download a file named "POE-ItemInfo-<version>.zip". Extract the whole zip so that you get a folder. Do not move the .ahk file out of its folder. If you want the script directly accessible on your desktop or something alike, create a shortcut to the .ahk file.

4) With AutoHotkey installed, start the script with the "Run_ItemInfo.ahk".

5) A system tray icon should pop up with a black and white Path of Exile logo. You can right click this icon to pause the script or to exit it (the script also pauses with the "pause" key on your keyboard). You can also access the settings dialog from this context menu and other features.

6) In Path of Exile, simply hit Ctrl+C when hovering over any item or item link. Yes, it also works with other people's items via chat links!

Additional Macros / Custom Macros

The script comes with a few popular macros, mostly for chat commands. When starting the script for the first time, an "AdditionalMacros.ini" file and other config files are copied into a user folder under "My Documents", so that your personal edits and settings don't get overwritten with the defaults with every update.

To enable/disable specific functions or the whole AdditionalMacro feature in total use the ItemInfo settings menu and go to the "Additional Macros" tab.

If you run the PoE game client with admin privileges you probably need to run the script as admin aswell (right click on the ahk file) to make the macros work. Otherwise the game might ignore the input from the lower ranked script.

For Custom Macros see the TradeMacro wiki entry here.
Last edited by aRTy42 on Jul 15, 2018, 6:35:06 PM
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2023, 12:30:50 AM
[placeholder]
You forgot to update data\Version.txt.

Thank you for keeping this updated!
"
CodeRedLin wrote:
You forgot to update data\Version.txt.

Thank you for keeping this updated!

Indeed. Did it with my local files, but forgot to include it when uploading.
Thumbs up! Thanks for continuing the work
IGN: WildTortillaFart
ty for the good work
chaotic neutral
New Version available

If you happen to find any bugs or display glitches, please report them here.

================================
from underbent, vdorie, aRTy42
* Improved data thanks to underbent's additions to the data fetch script: https://github.com/underbent/scrape_poe_info
* This means divination cards are now updated to today's wiki infos and uniques with decimal point values (like 0.2% leech) no longer truncate the displayed value to 0
* Manually cleaned up the display for uniques with style variants (Doryani's Invitation, Atziri's Splendour, Vessel of Vinktar)
* The modifier/text column for uniques is now 10 characters wider than for other items (if truncation is used, which is the default), as uniques don't need the space for displaying mod tiers but tend to have longer or more complicated wording.
* Included a fix from vdorie to how the base level of blue items was determined
* Included a fix from underbent so that the warning info of equipped items that you no longer meet the requirements for is not displayed in the info script window anymore

(and only for the record, because I didn't post that here yet)

================================
from aRTy42
* Added "Has Fated Variant" line to info for respective uniques
* "Max Sockets" should no longer show up on non armour/weapon items
* Fixed Drillneck data that got lost due to an odd wiki entry
Last edited by aRTy42 on Jun 20, 2016, 7:23:15 AM
Thank you for this :)
aRTy thank you very much for taking over the work on this script! I bumped the old thread a bit in hopes someone would step up. Glad you did!

Anyone know how we get the link on reddit updated to point to this thread?
Last edited by ThorTheGray on Jun 11, 2016, 11:07:58 PM
"
ThorTheGray wrote:
aRTy thank you very much for taking over the work on this script! I bumped the old thread a bit in hopes someone would step up. Glad you did!

Anyone know how we get the link on reddit updated to point to this thread?

I considered it right away when I saw Bahnzo leaving, but when I took a closer look and noticed the unique-data-script wasn't working anymore due to a change in the wiki and that I wouldn't be able to easily fix it (coded in python), I didn't feel up to taking over. After the script was fixed by someone else, I thought I could get along with the AHK coding, so that was the crucial point. Also, I now know a few people to directly ask for help.

About the Reddit link:
Good thing you mention it. I didn't think of it. I'll contact the mods.

Edit:
I also love the new thread ID: 1 678 678. Even though it is almost irrelevant, it's so catchy.
Last edited by aRTy42 on Jun 11, 2016, 11:30:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info