Mechanical Questions Thread

"
AgentofStrife wrote:
Does the DD minion count as a spell like golems are? Golems have a "Spell" tag but what about the minion?
Golems are not a spell, they are a minion. The skill used to summon the Golem is a spell. The same is true here - the skill "Manifest Dancing Dervish" is a spell skill. The minion itself is not a spell and does not use spells.

Can we have more information about the Manifest Dancing Dervish spell? like the tags on it :) , damage, atk speed, etc...
Hi Mark, i got a question to the combination of Discharge with Ele Equilibrium in COC Gem + Cospris.

Since Cospri's grants "added cold dmg to spells" which would with discharge (power + endurance charges) deal all 3 elements in 1 hit should change the ele res to +25% of all elements.

If discharge is now triggered from COC Gem, with only power+endurance charges it would change the ele res of fire/lightning to +50% (since from discharge 3 ele hit before +25% all res) and +25% from the second discharge.

In that case the dmg potential of discharge would get lowered by 25% cause of the resistances.

Or am i wrong and the 3 ele discharge hit will cause -25% to all res?

Thank you in advance,

Greetings
KolDrakiAke

Edit: i didnt saw cospris "adds cold dmg" to all attacks rather than only to spell dmg.

Edit 2: which is the trigger order? first cospris cold spell trigger on melee crit - or first COC Gem general trigger?
Since 1st hit reduces fire/lightning res from cospris cold dmg by 50% - the coc discharge hit would hit as 6l with the -50% res.
But if first discharge from cospris trigger would only hit as 3l and the 6l coc discharge would hit to +25% all res.
Last edited by Maarrcceell on Aug 3, 2019, 9:06:01 PM
Hi Mark,

I have queries regarding watcher's eye "critical strike penetrate 10% of enemy elemental resistance while affected by zealotry" buff.

The increased in damage its not shown anywhere in POB or in-game stats. so was wondering if it works for spells.

i feel kinda insecure if its not showing buff anywhere in POB and in-game stats. hopefully you can look into it and confirm that it works with my arc spell
Hello,

I am wondering if deafening essence of scorn 25% crit multi can stack with the natural explicit affix on elder ring "+20 % crit multi" for a total of 45% crit multi.

I know some affixes are mutually exclussive and some are not. Can these two crit multi sources combine or are they mutually exclussive?

Thank you!
I am currently using the "physical damage" option and "gain% of physical magic as ~ damage" at the same time.

If I want to amplify "physical damage" by using "impale nodes and items", I would like to know whether the "gain% of physical magage as ~ damage" option applies to the result amplified by impale. I wonder if the gain option only applies to pure physical damage before impale amplification.

The ultimate goal of this question is whether the impale option is still the right choice, even if you use the "physical damage" option and the "gain% of physical mag magic as ~ damage" at the same time.
"
RoyZto wrote:
Hi Mark,

I have queries regarding watcher's eye "critical strike penetrate 10% of enemy elemental resistance while affected by zealotry" buff.

The increased in damage its not shown anywhere in POB or in-game stats. so was wondering if it works for spells.

i feel kinda insecure if its not showing buff anywhere in POB and in-game stats. hopefully you can look into it and confirm that it works with my arc spell
If the modifier doesn't specify that it affects attacks or spells, it affects both.
"
oudinm wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering if deafening essence of scorn 25% crit multi can stack with the natural explicit affix on elder ring "+20 % crit multi" for a total of 45% crit multi.

I know some affixes are mutually exclussive and some are not. Can these two crit multi sources combine or are they mutually exclussive?

Thank you!
Modifiers to Critical Strike Multiplier stack additively; the two combined would give you a total CSM of 195% (including your base 150%).
"
dlruddlr1 wrote:
I am currently using the "physical damage" option and "gain% of physical magic as ~ damage" at the same time.

If I want to amplify "physical damage" by using "impale nodes and items", I would like to know whether the "gain% of physical magage as ~ damage" option applies to the result amplified by impale. I wonder if the gain option only applies to pure physical damage before impale amplification.

The ultimate goal of this question is whether the impale option is still the right choice, even if you use the "physical damage" option and the "gain% of physical mag magic as ~ damage" at the same time.
Impale damage is Reflected damage, and so it can't be scaled by modifiers to damage dealt, such as gaining Physical damage as extra Elemental/Chaos damage. I believe it can be scaled by modifiers to damage taken, such as Vulnerability. Only Physical damage dealt contributes to Impale, so if a large amount of your damage dealt is non-physical, Impale may not be optimal for you.
Some questions about increasing Herald damage (ice and lightning mainly):

Will the additional lightning damage from innervate buff apply to herad damage?

And second question: Apparently the mod "Adds 1 to 10 Lightning Damage for each Shocked Enemy you've Killed Recently" from Esh's Mirror unique thorium spirit shield, is added to herald damage. But generic "adds x-y elemental damage" is not. Is this intentional? Shouldn't both of them either work or not work?

Edit: Oh, and one more thing. I recently noticed there is a weapon craft: 73-80% increased cold damage, 21-23% chance to freeze. Will the increased cold damage from this craft be a global modifier or local to the weapon? What about the chance to freeze?
Last edited by Magebanana on Aug 6, 2019, 12:57:40 PM
"
If the modifier doesn't specify that it affects attacks or spells, it affects both.

i understand but it is not shown in in-game stats or even POB itself or anywhere. if its just fire/lightning/cold penetration then it is shown in POB damage calculation but not this. thats why i doubt it works
hello, i need some answer about animated guardian

- if the item got things like "you" , for ex:(20–25)% increased Effect of Auras on you, or you gain sth, u do sth.
- if the item got mod minion like minion deal % increase damage

if i equip my EG with those, how those mods work.

"
The Guardian does not share your max amount of curses you can apply to enemies, and therefore functions as a player with the default curse limit when applying curses (through corrupted gloves, for example).

"
Only the last player to curse has their maximum number of curses used.
Player A has a curse limit of two and Player B has a curse limit of one. Every time Player B casts a curse on an enemy after Player A, he replaces both curses because he reduces the limit from two to one.
Increasing the curse limit does not stack across players.
If Players A and B both have a curse limit of two and both run two double blasphemy auras, the enemy will only suffer from the two last applied curses.

is this mean if i can do 2 curse, and my AG can apply 1 curse
we got 3 curse on mod or just 1. since it say "player", not minion on the quote
same with spectre that apply curses

"
Mokihiki wrote:
"
SasquatchBrah wrote:
Do the curse spectre's count towards your curse limit? If you have only 1 curse, will your blasphemy overwrite spectre curses?

Spectre's use their own curse limit, which in all cases is 1, which is a bit awkward with spectre's that cast more than 1 curse. They also follow the same curse limit rules as players.

So yeah, if you have a limit of 1 curse and run blasphemy then you'll overwrite your spectres' curse with your own.

got any where give information about level and quality of curses used by monster - spectre
my build :

[3.8] ice golem 7m+ UE dps - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2615681/page/1#p22292507

[3.8] ZOMBIE AND THE BOIS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2628455/page/1#p22347490
Last edited by meomeomeo1991 on Aug 15, 2019, 7:53:44 AM
Question about Cast when damage taken. If I link it to:

- Summon Lightning Golem
- Cold Snap
- Projectile Weakness

then if I understand correctly the skill will switch/cast them on alternately?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info