Mechanical Questions Thread

hi

Cant translate. Help

flask taste of hate

The phraze: - "Gain 19% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage during effect"

What does it mean?

I transtale it as: - "i take damage..." - this is bad property of the flask....
But in poe.trade more persantage more price - how can it be??

Thanks
"
Staglaitor_ wrote:
hi

Cant translate. Help

flask taste of hate

What does it mean?

Thanks

"20% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Cold Damage during Flask effect"
This applies to damage you take.

"Gain (15-20)% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage during effect"
This applies to damage you deal.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Staglaitor_ wrote:
hi

Cant translate. Help

flask taste of hate

What does it mean?

Thanks

"20% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Cold Damage during Flask effect"
This applies to damage you take.

"Gain (15-20)% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage during effect"
This applies to damage you deal.

oh ... thanks ... i didn't find proper traslation for word "gain"
I need help with bestiary crafting.
I have both create an imprint of a magic item and split item into two.

Questions:
1. So, I understood that I can get a blue shaper/elder item with a rare prefix/suffix and I can crate an imprint then split it and if the imprinted item lost it's rare prefix/suffix I can restore it from the imprint.

A) is this true?
B) if A) is true, can you give examples of rare prefix/suffixes?

2. If i split 6 linked rare expensive base do I get a 6 linked copy and isn't this more profitable than 1?

3. If item is split do the enchant get's copied also?

4. What other ways I can gain profit with these 2 bestiary crafting and what use of them is most profitable?
Asking here because I am unable to test this myself.

If I use Mirage Archer on a SKill that inflicts bleed, does the Less Damage from the Mirage Archer Gem affect the Bleed the Archer inflicts since it's a non-specific type of Damage?
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Hi question about incursion post patch 3.5 Betrayal league.

Is this supposed to be a bug or feature?

Spoiler

Third lvl from below has 2 hall of lords next to each other. When the room selection occurred it happened in the same map. I got alva twice in a row offering me to kill the same architects in the 2 rooms next to each other.

I believe it was gemcutters-royal meeting room during the first incursion and gemcutters-royal meeting room during the second incursion but in the room next to the previous one. Haven't seen this happening ever during Incursion temporal league

Good night everyone, im having a problem here. Im making a Occultist build, with zealoth oath (skill tree). Im not using CI, im reserving my life with VITALITY aura. I know that vitality is based on your LIFE, not MAXIMUM life, so my regen will be low. BUT, im using a watchers eye that give-me 120 LIFE REGENERATED PER SECOND while affected by vitality, and this number is not showing on my ES regen, even on POB. Im missing something?
Good night, I just have a question about the vulconus dagger.
It says convert 50% physical dmg to fire dmg while you have avatar of fire.
Does this mean with avatar of fire located you have 100% physical to fire conversion?
While I test this on POB I see only 50% phsyical converted to fire from Avatar of fire, confuse me about the coversion.
Thank you very much
"
mateustrigo wrote:
Im making a Occultist build, with zealoth oath (skill tree). Im not using CI, im reserving my life with VITALITY aura. I know that vitality is based on your LIFE, not MAXIMUM life, so my regen will be low.

Woah woah woah. Hold on. One of us is VERY wrong about that, and I'd like to know if it's me.

AFAIK, all percentage-based regeneration is based on the maximum of the relevant source, otherwise builds that reserve a lot of mana would be nearly unplayable because of mana regen starvation.

Zealot's Oath also transfers the source of life regen to your ES, meaning that all your % life regen and % ES regen increases should be summed up and applied as ES regen.

e.g. if you have:

5% of life regenerated per second,
3% of ES regenerated per second,
and Zealot's Oath,

you should have a total of 8% of maximum ES regenerated per second.

The reason you're seeing low ES regen on PoB is most likely that you haven't put on any serious ES gear, and therefore have low total ES to regen off of. Life should be irrelevant for this calculation if you have ZO.

Again, if ANY of what I just said is wrong, I would appreciate someone letting me know.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
"
Does an item with a quality higher than 20% have a higher chance to become 6 linked than an item with a quality at 20%, or is the bonus from quality capped at 20%?

I've seen a video of someone, don't remember the name but he prove that it's the case. With no quality and 10k Fusing, he linked 20 6L or something like that and with 20% quality, he linked 35. Same with 30% quality. So it's somewhat proved that quality affect linking.

"
Sneakypaw wrote:
Asking here because I am unable to test this myself.

If I use Mirage Archer on a SKill that inflicts bleed, does the Less Damage from the Mirage Archer Gem affect the Bleed the Archer inflicts since it's a non-specific type of Damage?

I suppose that since Mirage Archer does Damage, even if this is not a precise type of damage, the less multiplier will be applied.
For Bleed damage, since they are based of the base attack damage you've done, they are going to be reduced (not exactly sure, not tested, but it's how the wording tell me it work)

"
Liollzl wrote:
Good night, I just have a question about the vulconus dagger.
It says convert 50% physical dmg to fire dmg while you have avatar of fire.
Does this mean with avatar of fire located you have 100% physical to fire conversion?
While I test this on POB I see only 50% phsyical converted to fire from Avatar of fire, confuse me about the coversion.
Thank you very much

Yes, you'll have 100% Fire conversion. 50% from Avatar of Fire AND 50% from the effect of Vulconus. I suppose, since that dagger isn't the most used, the problem shouldn't have been seen by Openarl.

"
NemoJr wrote:
"
mateustrigo wrote:
Im making a Occultist build, with zealoth oath (skill tree). Im not using CI, im reserving my life with VITALITY aura. I know that vitality is based on your LIFE, not MAXIMUM life, so my regen will be low.

Woah woah woah. Hold on. One of us is VERY wrong about that, and I'd like to know if it's me.

AFAIK, all percentage-based regeneration is based on the maximum of the relevant source, otherwise builds that reserve a lot of mana would be nearly unplayable because of mana regen starvation.

Zealot's Oath also transfers the source of life regen to your ES, meaning that all your % life regen and % ES regen increases should be summed up and applied as ES regen.

e.g. if you have:

5% of life regenerated per second,
3% of ES regenerated per second,
and Zealot's Oath,

you should have a total of 8% of maximum ES regenerated per second.

The reason you're seeing low ES regen on PoB is most likely that you haven't put on any serious ES gear, and therefore have low total ES to regen off of. Life should be irrelevant for this calculation if you have ZO.

Again, if ANY of what I just said is wrong, I would appreciate someone letting me know.

NemoJr is right. % Life regen is based of your Max life (which is 1200 something whithout any life allocated and no life on stuff)
Zealot Oath make your Life Regen based on Energy Shield. So you'll have % of ES regenerated per second AND % of Life regenerated per second added as your new ES regen (like that 5+3 example)

@Mateustrigo : That number isn't seen in game since you'll have no Life regen. You should only see "Energy Shield Regenerated per second" somewhere in your defense tab of your character.

Example :
5k ES
10% regen
120 Life regen from Watcher Eye.

You'll have 10% of 5k, so 500 ES regen plus the 120 from Watcher, so 620.
Same thing with 20% : 1120 ES per Second. Flat regen isn't the best with big numbers.

I've a CI regen build which have something like 15% regen and 7k ES. My regen of ES is perfectly visible just under Mana regen.
https://ibb.co/hBvB8fq
Last edited by Alyaa on Dec 25, 2018, 4:46:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info