Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi,

I know that this question has been answered many times also years ago.
However, I realized that when I e.g. use a jewel with increased poison dmg or a weapon with increased chaos dmg like Breath of the Council, the poison damage for the minion gem is increasing as listed in the character's offence slot for that specific minion gem.
So is this a bug, meaning the stats are just wrong or is it actually possible to scale minions' posion dmg by stats that are not specifically related to minion dmg?

As I'm really addicted to minion poison builds I would be very thankful for clear answers to this question.

Thank you!
Can I still apply aillment effects of element A if all my damage is converted to element B? Are the visuals of A replaced by these of B?
Last edited by Makkake on Nov 29, 2018, 1:00:57 PM
"
Makkake wrote:
Can I still apply aillment effects of element A if all my damage is converted to element B? Are the visuals of A replaced by these of B?

Unless you equip a unique that allows that target element to cause ailments like on the helm "The Three Dragons" i believe you can't, as per default, it is required for any ailment to be applied wether it be freeze/chill, ignite or shock, that is is caused by a correspondingly damaging attack related to it.

So, cold dmg to freeze/chill
fire dmg to ignite
lightning dmg to shock

Regardless of what is converted into either.

In your case to make it simple, if you have a unique equipped that would allow element B to cause element A's ailments, then no.
hi

About useness comparing

what is more useful: - to increase damage for 10% allocating nodes OR increase damage for 10% on gear?

Thanks
"
Staglaitor_ wrote:
what is more useful: - to increase damage for 10% allocating nodes OR increase damage for 10% on gear?

Neither. A 10% damage increase is a 10% damage increase.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Staglaitor_ wrote:

Neither. A 10% damage increase is a 10% damage increase.

Thank you for your reply

I asked thiss question cos i thought that nodes are more useful, but nevertheless i collide with problem - i had 4700 dps in tooltip and bought "very cool" amulet - Choir of the Storm, Lapis Amulet that had to increase my damage to incredible hight - 50% increased damage. When i insert this amulet into slot and looked at the tooltip of my weapon i saw that my damage increased for 200 points. What is it? I spend 1 ex to improve my weapon only for 200 points of dps?
Is it normal situation? - how players acheave 500k dps then?
I understand that i should multiply tooltip meaning and spell cast per second but nevertheless it is small number about 30k not - 500k
Last edited by Staglaitor_ on Nov 29, 2018, 6:36:28 PM
"
Staglaitor_ wrote:
i had 4700 dps in tooltip and bought "very cool" amulet - Choir of the Storm, Lapis Amulet that had to increase my damage to incredible hight - 50% increased damage. When i insert this amulet into slot and looked at the tooltip of my weapon i saw that my damage increased for 200 points. What is it?

I'd suggest watching this YouTube video.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:

I'd suggest watching this YouTube video.

oh, thanks to reply

I just learn english language and don't perceive english by ear
I "tryed" to understand this information visually but failed
For the present it's hard stuff for me

I need another kind of help :(
Last edited by Staglaitor_ on Nov 29, 2018, 6:56:09 PM
Is that possible to make cross gender wariation for all classes?
Does new CoC gem has one spell per cast limit, or it casts all linked spells every 0.15 sec?

edit: It would be also great if you can give us more information about dependency of "server ticks" and actual theorycrafted minimal cooldown achievable with boots and belt mods (cooldown recovery).

There are various information found here on forum and Reddit, some saying having both boots and belt are overkill because of those "server ticks".

Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
Last edited by G0rr on Nov 30, 2018, 5:27:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info