Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Wendek wrote:
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:
"
Wendek wrote:
Does the "1% of mana regenerated per second" of the new Cloak of Defiance in 3.0 get increased by all your "% increased mana regeneration rate" from tree/items ? Or is it a static 1% ?

Increased manaregeneration is an global effect, it works as an multiplier for everthing with "mana" and "regeneration". It not works for "mana gain..."

???? Cloak of Defiance says "1% of mana regenerated per second", it does not talk about "mana gain".

.... are people stupid?

Yes it works for the 1% MANAREGENERATION, because it is MANAREGENERATION. So with 1000 mana and 140% increased manaregeneration it gives you: 1000 / 100 x 2,4 = 24 manaregeneration per second.

But it not works for "MANA GAIN", that i just said to make it clear, that your next question wont be "Iam stupid, thats why i ask if manaREGENERATION works on this new shield mod in 3.0 that says "GAIN x mana on block"

Sorry, i got some tension today....
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Jun 18, 2017, 5:59:07 AM
What the fuck are you doing in a questions thread if you tell people they are stupid for asking questions ?! Especially when your first "answer" was super vague and absolutely not helpful at all when a simple "yes/no" would have been enough. (and clearer)
Last edited by Wendek on Jun 18, 2017, 6:51:57 AM
"
Wendek wrote:
What the fuck are you doing in a questions thread if you tell people they are stupid for asking questions ?! Especially when your first "answer" was super vague and absolutely not helpful at all when a simple "yes/no" would have been enough. (and clearer)

Questions are fine, but think about it a second bevore you post.

Youre question was "Does "increased manaregeneration" increasing manaregeneration?" That is like tell the question if apple juice is made of apples. Just before you get curios, yes, it is.

In Path of exile, with some few exeptions that are a bit tricky, everything does EXACTLY that what the wording is saying. Just sit back, think about the exact wording of the situation, at take it word for word serios.

Some examples:

Does my Skill gets increased by Spelldamage? Asnwere: Does it got the "Spell" tag? So yes, it does. No? It doesnt.

Is life gain on it reduced by the map mod "players have 80% less life and manaregeneration? Answere: No it isnt, becasue it is lifegain on hit, not liferegeneration.

Does lightningwarp get +1 to lvl when i put it in an item with +1 to chaos gems, and wear the uniq bow "Voltaxic Rift" ? Answere: no, it doesnt, becasue it not has the "chaos" tag, even when its dealing now chaos damage.

A tricky example: Beartrap is not getting increased dmg by Spelldmg, becasue it has not the wording "Spell" in it, even when it got the "cast" tag, and behave like a Spell. But still, no wording, no gaining/loosing.

Here, a tricky one for you to figuer out:

The uniq body armor "Death oath" has the following stat on it:

"Deals 450 Chaos Damage per second to nearby Enemies"

This does not gets increased by any damage you equip or skill, it will be always 450 dmg/sec...that confuses alot, but if you look very closely, you can figure out, why. Can you say why?

Obey the Orb:
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Jun 18, 2017, 9:59:22 AM
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:

Does my Skill gets increased by Spelldamage? Asnwere: Does it got the "Spell" tag? So yes, it does. No? It doesnt.

Yeah that's why Righteous Fire has the "spell" tag while its damage doesn't get increased by Spell damage. See, that's the problem with those stupid generalities in a complex game like PoE, and that's why there's a 300-pages thread dedicated to mechanical questions.
So you can fuck right off with your arrogance and go back to masturbating, since you're obviously answering here only to stroke yourself and not help other players.
"
Wendek wrote:
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:

Yeah that's why Righteous Fire has the "spell" tag while its damage doesn't get increased by Spell damage. See, that's the problem with those stupid generalities in a complex game like PoE, and that's why there's a 300-pages thread dedicated to mechanical questions.
So you can fuck right off with your arrogance and go back to masturbating, since you're obviously answering here only to stroke yourself and not help other players.

It basical gets increased by Spelldamage. It just does only deal "Damage over Time"(DoT) and DoTs does not get increased by Spell damage (if not otherwise stated). If you get Rightous fire to actualy deal a "hit" that hit would be gets increased. But that is not possible at this time.

It gets +1 to level if you socket it into a Lifespring. Becasue that little wand does +1 to level of Spells ;)

Back to stroking myself.

(btw, you dindt answere my question to you)

Obey the Orb:
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Jun 18, 2017, 10:50:00 AM
Hi there!

I have another question to ask you. If detonate dead isn't a spell (but a "cast" which do secondary damage), why is the gem able to be supported by spell echo?

Have a good day :)
I shall purify you in flame, noob of nightmare!
You can support it, becasue its a cast, and Spellecho is a gem that affect casts. I must admid, that is kind of confusing, becuse the there is not a "cast" tag on the support gem. Thats (maybe) becasue there is not a "cast" cathegory for supportgems (yet).

Maybe it was overseen (is that an english word?) becasue the cast cathegory is very small, detonate dead is an underused skill, and it is also the only gem in this categorty that can be supported by it.

I also remember, that detonate dead was once be increased by spelldamage, but iam defently not sure about that, and could be wrong. This should be adressed to the Staff.

Obey the Orb:
why do i keep getting stacks of bleeding/corrupting blood on me when i am playing summoner and not attacking anything?
"
kompaniet wrote:
why do i keep getting stacks of bleeding/corrupting blood on me when i am playing summoner and not attacking anything?

If something dies from your DoTs, like ignite or poison, it's considered to be your kill. For example a totem casting flameblast, if the flameblast hit kills the corrupting bloodline monster, you won't take the bleed, but if it's ignite kills it, you will.
Does blocking a crit count as taking a crit? I know it doesn't count as taking damage, but the wiki says that blocking still counts as being hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info