Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Raghin wrote:
With Deadeye far shot, if i use fork, and my arrow reaches the max 30% boost then forks, do the 2 new projectiles gain the previous boost value along with their own 30% range boost?

Forked Projectiles are a continuation of the original Projectile. They get the same Far Shot bonus as the initial Projectile (plus any further Damage increase based on travel distance, if the initial Hit didn't cap out yet).
"
Fawkse wrote:
How does the buffed carnage heart interact with cherrubim's maleficence and slayer's brutal fervor?

There shouldn't be any special interaction. Life Leech rate is further boosted as expected. There isn't any cap to Life Leech Rate other than the maximum Life Leech rate.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I have question about Totems and how it looks like in Flame Totem case.

So according wiki:

1) Traps and Mines, Minions, and Totems cannot activate Elemental Overload.
2) Totem skills trigger Elemental Equilibrum as they are treated as your hits.

Where is the logic? What about Flame Totem? Flame Totem uses its own skill, why also can't activate Elemental Overlaod, but trigger Elemental Equilibrum?
Last edited by Sztefen1 on Mar 7, 2017, 6:43:11 AM
"
Sztefen1 wrote:
Where is the logic? What about Flame Totem? Flame Totem uses its own skill, why also can't activate Elemental Overlaod, but trigger Elemental Equilibrum?

Elemental Equilibrium causes your Hits to apply a debuff to the enemy. Totems use your on-Hit modifiers, and thus apply Elemental Equilibrium.
Elemental Overload applies a Buff to you when you Crit. Totems are separate entities with their own Buffs and Debuffs.
They're entirely different mechanics, hence them not working the same :/

Flame Totem is still a Totem, it works the same as other Totems.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Sztefen1 wrote:

Elemental Equilibrium causes your Hits to apply a debuff to the enemy. Totems use your on-Hit modifiers, and thus apply Elemental Equilibrium.
Elemental Overload applies a Buff to you when you Crit. Totems are separate entities with their own Buffs and Debuffs.
They're entirely different mechanics, hence them not working the same :/

Flame Totem is still a Totem, it works the same as other Totems.

Thanks for a response! Yeah, I didnt realize that one is a buff and the second one is a debuff. Same with for example totems, they cant gain power/frenzy charges.
Hi! I have a question about Aegis Aurora shield. The description says "Replenishes Energy Shield by 2% of Armour when you Block". How exactly does it work? For example I have only 100-120 ES (just amount from the shield) and 15000 armour. If I block I should receive 300 bonus ES, so will it stack to my own 100 ES and I get 400 ES?
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness.
"Replenish" doesn't mean "grant bonus," it means Recovery. Sounds like you have 100 maximum ES. In that case, if you have 0 ES and Block, you will then have 100 ES. If you have 50 ES and Block, you will then have 100 ES. If you have 99 ES and Block you will then have 100 ES.

If you know Seething or "instant" Flasks you might imagine Replenishes Energy Shield as drinking an instant ES flask. For the purposes of your question they are just about the same.

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Thanks for quick answer.
One more question. If I hit a rare monster that reflects elemental damage and I have some elemental penetration in my attack (for example fire penetration support gem) will or will not my attack penetrate my ele resistant when reflected?
In simple words - will it be much less painful to hit ele reflect monster with resist penetration attack if I have decent overcap of that resist?
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness.
"
de_Lioncourt wrote:
Thanks for quick answer.
One more question. If I hit a rare monster that reflects elemental damage and I have some elemental penetration in my attack (for example fire penetration support gem) will or will not my attack penetrate my ele resistant when reflected?
In simple words - will it be much less painful to hit ele reflect monster with resist penetration attack if I have decent overcap of that resist?

Basically the answer is "no" or "will not."

Reflect damage doesn't carry any on-hit effects; it only holds information about the damage actually dealt, its damage type (element), its attack/spell/secondary status, and Chance to Hit if it's Attack reflect. Therefore, penetration will increase the amount of reflect you take by increasing the amount of damage you deal - but it won't "double dip" and re-penetrate yourself.

For your re-wording: you should probably know that overcapping resists doesn't help against Penetration :P it's not too important since you rarely face Penetration outside of PvP, but Penetration is calculated after capping, which means that if you have a level 1 character who somehow has 99999% all resists, x% Penetration would still only face a calculated resist of ( 75% - x% ), for example with 30% penetration, the resistance formula would use 45% reduction.

Last edited by adghar on Mar 7, 2017, 12:03:33 PM
I have a question about righteous fire, I started using righteous fire on my character just yesterday, and I'm using an added cold damage to attacks + cyclone setup to proc elemental overload. Now the problem is that for some reason I also get added fire damage to attacks, but only while in combat, and only while righteous fire is active. Why is this? I have tried switching gear, not using my aura's and the result is that I only get the 34-50 added fire damage while righteous fire is active and I was in combat recently (4 seconds) I'm running a Brightbeak and a rise of the phoenix, the rest of my gear are just rares, and my righteous fire links are: righteous fire - elemental focus - increased aoe - increased burning damage. I have no added fire on gear, so I'm really clueless as to why it is giving me that added fire damage. It's really hurting my build right now so I hope someone can help me out.
Last edited by imBrobin on Mar 7, 2017, 2:45:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info