Mechanical Questions Thread

"
eXecut1on wrote:
Does Projectile damage apply to the explosion of Fireball also or only to the initial hit?

It doesn't do initial hit + AoE. If the fireball explodes, it does an AoE, if it doesn't it will do a normal projectile hit, but projectile damage will apply in both cases.

"
Which of the following, if any, will apply to Relics in the item filter?

1) Rarity = Relic
2) Rarity > Unique
3) Rarity > Rare

They haven't mentioned the 'relic' rarity class in the news post, so it's just a unique. If I missed them mentioning it somewhere, I'd probably go with "Rarity = Relic" to be absolutely sure it will work.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Which of the following, if any, will apply to Relics in the item filter?

1) Rarity = Relic
2) Rarity > Unique
3) Rarity > Rare

They haven't mentioned the 'relic' rarity class in the news post, so it's just a unique. If I missed them mentioning it somewhere, I'd probably go with "Rarity = Relic" to be absolutely sure it will work.

Yeah, for now I'm using Rarity > Rare since that definitely grabs Uniques, and should grab Relic if it's considered 'rarer' than a unique (assuming they're using an enum of some sort, it makes the most sense to increase the value of less accessible things) without the risk of the filter crashing come 2.6 if Relic is an invalid value for Rarity. But it'd be nice to hear--it seems an odd thing to have left out of the Offical Item Filter Post. XD
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
Hello, since im interested in the new 100% conversion Wild strike in 2.6.0. legacy patch, I'd like to ask something.

I kinda understand the skills mechanics and scaling, but one thing I'm unsure about is:
How does it work with "Melee splash support" or "Slayer's Impact".

Will the single-target ~175% base dmg of inital hit be splashed like with lets say Double strike? And then it will follow with the other Wild strike effect without any influence of splash? Or is it totaly uneffected by Splash and tho useless to use the gem or Impact?

Thx for replies and sorry if it can already be found somewhere else - I wan't able to find anything.
"
Cheees wrote:
Hello, since im interested in the new 100% conversion Wild strike in 2.6.0. legacy patch, I'd like to ask something.

I kinda understand the skills mechanics and scaling, but one thing I'm unsure about is:
How does it work with "Melee splash support" or "Slayer's Impact".

Will the single-target ~175% base dmg of inital hit be splashed like with lets say Double strike? And then it will follow with the other Wild strike effect without any influence of splash? Or is it totaly uneffected by Splash and tho useless to use the gem or Impact?

Thx for replies and sorry if it can already be found somewhere else - I wan't able to find anything.

Yeah, some like to use Slayer's impact to get some free AoE on skills like Molten or Static strike, it isn't really worth a support slot for Splash.

What are the aoe on the melee trigger gems. Will they be updated when aoe nerfs hit? :) I want to make a bild using them, but if aoe is too small I'll try something else.

Thanks alot in advance for any help. :)
+minion damage nodes
+totem damage nodes
spell totem casting detonate dead

DD has 2 parts to its damage according to the wiki, a % of hp part and a fire damage part. Which of these two parts get increased, and will it be affected by both minion and totem nodes?

If I have another totem casting desecrate, will the chaos damage over time be affected by the +minion and +totem damage as well?
"
Jazriel wrote:
Which of these two parts get increased,

Both; the % Life and flat Fire are added together into one Hit.
"
and will it be affected by both minion and totem nodes?

No, only totem damage. What makes you think it's minion damage? "Minion" as a word generally refers to things that follow your commands. Detonate Dead doesn't summon any Minions, so it doesn't deal any Minion Damage.

"
If I have another totem casting desecrate, will the chaos damage over time be affected by the +minion and +totem damage as well?

No, just the Totem Damage. Even though Desecrate is useful for Minion builds, it still doesn't actually create any thing that can follow your commands, and it doesn't have the Minion tag. It does not deal Minion Damage. Tags are good rules of thumb. They usually tell you what damage bonuses work, with some exceptions.

Do note that in order to have both Totems out at the same time, you would need to raise your maximum Totems, which is 1 by default. You could use Ancestral Bond, one of the Hierophant nodes, Soul Mantle unique chest, and so on.

Also, note that The Scourge unique claw causes any increased Minion Damage you have to become global increased Damage for you, so that if you have The Scourge equipped, then passives that help minion damage will help all of your damage, including Detonate Dead Totems and Desecrate Totems.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Totem#Totems_as_allies

Was confused so gave this a read, I always thought totems were minions but I guess they aren't, darn.
when using scorching ray totem the blue monsters with corrupted blood line mod give YOU those bleed stacks upon death but the corrupted blood rare monster wont why is that?

and if totem "kills" are your kills then you should be able to gain benefits of things like blood frenzy and such things when using them? (blood frenzy is just example here)
"
PinkyDinky wrote:
What are the aoe on the melee trigger gems. Will they be updated when aoe nerfs hit? :) I want to make a bild using them, but if aoe is too small I'll try something else.

We had no mention of them so far, which means their base AoE won't be buffed to compensate, though Vengeance recently got an indirect buff when they increased weapon range. AoE for those skills isn't very large so your coverage will be fairly poor.

"
Drikon wrote:
when using scorching ray totem the blue monsters with corrupted blood line mod give YOU those bleed stacks upon death but the corrupted blood rare monster wont why is that?

and if totem "kills" are your kills then you should be able to gain benefits of things like blood frenzy and such things when using them? (blood frenzy is just example here)

It's a known bug with damage over time where kills by a totem DoT get attributed to you, the way we understand it - a bit tricky to fix. Corrupting blood is 'on hit' effect so it goes to the totem (though not with SR, that skill doesn't hit), and Bloodline is an 'on kill' effect so it goes to you.

If you meant Blood Rage, that works too.

Last edited by raics on Mar 3, 2017, 6:18:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info