The Darkness Mystery Box

"
l2ob wrote:
My only thing about boxes is getting duplicate items (not the consumables). In fact if I could just hit a checkbox that says dont duplicate items and give me a consumable for the odd instead i'd be fine with it. If i could just trade some of my duplicates to complete my 3 out of 4 set pieces omg this would be so awesome or for that matter trade any of them for others...

Yes exactly, or give them away to other players.

I mean, of course I know why they can't allow that, who's going to trade all those things over for one? Support would have a full-time job on their hands doing that alone I would imagine for all the players PoE has.

But... wouldn't it be awesome to arm everyone in the game with scorpions, raven wings and ebony footprints? Ah, one can dream, right? :P
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Jaille wrote:
The best thing about the mystery box sales is reading the comments.

This.
Okay I'm not buying Boxes anymore I so many Fireworks that it almost made me want to quit playing. I mean 11 fireworks, 2 Gloom Gloves, 1 Ebony Glove . I really hate those troll fireworks. Also want to add on this Box is just as bad as the winter ones where you get like 5 fireworks to 1 actual MTX that can be used.
Last edited by xDBoomer on Jun 10, 2016, 8:09:18 PM
"
l2ob wrote:
My only thing about boxes is getting duplicate items (not the consumables). In fact if I could just hit a checkbox that says dont duplicate items and give me a consumable for the odd instead i'd be fine with it. If i could just trade some of my duplicates to complete my 3 out of 4 set pieces omg this would be so awesome or for that matter trade any of them for others...

I spent $40 i believe so far and got...
3 - Obsidian Seraph Boots
1 - Obsidian Chest
2 - Obsidian Glove
1 - Gloom Helment
1 - Bandana
1 - Iron Maiden
1 - Arc of Defiance
1 - Gloom Herald Effect
1 - Steam-powered back pack
1 - Raven Wings
rest in fireworks....

the duplicate armor skins make me cry....could totally complete Obsidian if i could trade the spares and possibly make the Gloom set :(

Next pay period i might get lucky with Gloom Wings!
"
l2ob wrote:
"
l2ob wrote:

I spent $40 i believe so far and got...
3 - Obsidian Seraph Boots
1 - Obsidian Chest
2 - Obsidian Glove
1 - Gloom Helment
1 - Bandana
1 - Iron Maiden
1 - Arc of Defiance
1 - Gloom Herald Effect
1 - Steam-powered back pack
1 - Raven Wings
rest in fireworks....

the duplicate armor skins make me cry....could totally complete Obsidian if i could trade the spares and possibly make the Gloom set :(

Next pay period i might get lucky with Gloom Wings!

Even at a glance you came out of top. Totaling up the cost of MTX (disregarding duplicates) you're easily over 600 points in sale prices.
It should be called Dark Firework box, out of the 23 boxes (57.50USD/80AUD) I bought here is the contents. Dark Firework x8 stacks, Dark Firework(HO), Rain x2 (HO), Dark Crystal x3, Ebony Scorpion, Ebony Footprints, Ebony Weapon Effect, Black Hole Portal Effect x2, Gloom Herald Effect, Arc of Defiance, Bandana and Obsidian Seraph Helmet. Fock you GGG last time it was skin transfers.
Hey everyone

I thought that I'd share how fortunate, no blessed I've been when it comes to spending around $65USD on these boxes! I spent the money over the course of a couple of days and what I found was astonishing!

The more you spend, the more likely you are to get the same item! Let's take a look at the VARIETY of the boxes I received!

You can clearly see that RNGesus wants lots of money before he's willing to give you anything of any inherent value. 7 sets of fireworks??? Everyone wants the wings and that's what people are mostly paying for. I've only seen one person with the wings since release. It's like they've made certain items harder to get...

I'm kind of pissed off that they've rigged it this hard. There's people posting on here that have spent thousands without 1 set of wings. I have a sick feeling in my stomach about playing PoE now. Their greed is repellent.

Cheers
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Jun 12, 2016, 12:42:01 AM
No, your inability to deal with randomness is repellent.

And I've seen plenty of folks with the wings, both in my guild and in town.

And, if your only goal is the wings, have some patience and buy the damned things from the store.

Here's a great reddit post with links, and Qarl provided some relevant articles as well for understanding randomness.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on Jun 12, 2016, 1:11:58 AM
@Archwizard:

Seriously, stop insulting people with other conceptions of ethics than yours as being too stupid to know randomness.

I hope you will get your Alpha status soon and your pointless defense and **** ******* will stop at that point.

edit: It's not even about ethics, it's simply about how to treat and satisfy customers.
Last edited by Schiriki on Jun 12, 2016, 4:59:42 AM
oh look another scam-box for the "free" to play falsely advertised anno 1995 graphics game....
/spit
IGN: Bluntexile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info