The Darkness Mystery Box

this is literally the best thing ever
"
guidom1980 wrote:
OMFG - what are the odds of getting 8/8 small boxes?
3rd time I fall for this, learning the hard way.

Could it be that I only had 1x1 spots free in my MTX tabs?
I never actually got new MTX tabs using these boxes, only when buying a complete set of some sort.
(got 5 pretty full tabs - but no 2x2 tiles in my MTX tabs available for the larger boxes.. anyone knows if this causes me to get only 1x1's?)

Absolutely not. It creates new tabs for you when there is no space for the item you're trying to purchase now. (there was a problem with that a long time ago, but that's long been fixed)

I'm up to 10 tabs now.. 8 of them are duplicates and items I can't move.. and I also have 4 stash tabs on Standard dedicated only to duplicate armors and skill gems to "make space" in MXT tabs... yeah.

That ability to rearrange those tabs can't come soon enough for me, honestly. :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Opened two boxes, got Obsidian gloves and Helmet :) I want the whole set! Those wings are so sick too
Last edited by Snelson88 on Jun 8, 2016, 1:50:35 PM
yeah, if they're "weighted" like all the other boxes, no thanks....
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
"
Hi! Are the odds for each prize equally weighted?
?
Not impressed with this round of armor..... : (

Results of opening 25 boxes. Duplicates not counted. Fireworks not counted under discounted or wanted. Full armor set was estimated low and priced as a set. Some costs and discounts estimated based on similar items.

Would be interested in seeing similar spreads. I realize the wings are a big ticket item. Assuming they rolled Fireworks instead, I would have come out effectively even assuming everything I wanted was purchased at sale prices. I'm satisfied.
Last edited by KappaSchiv on Jun 9, 2016, 1:17:31 AM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
The box mechanic is gambling, pure and simple. Gambling with real money, regardless of converting that money to "points", is outlawed in some parts of the world. But the real problem here is ethics, not law. GGG, show your customers some respect and either 1.) change the RNG of opening a box to add weight to items the player currently does not have, or 2.) just get rid of them and sell the items directly.

Many F2P games have tried this mechanic to prey on those who have gambling issues and thus do not, and can not "purchase them responsibly". Just look at the posters in this thread who spent $100s of USD on these boxes. GGG, you're abusing them for a profit.

I've only purchased two boxes for fun, because I do not have issues with gambling. So I don't have any vested interest in trying to change or do away with boxes. I'm just chiming in as another person who sees right through this gambling scam.

GGG, let's come clean and do something about these boxes. Please respect your paying customers.

You're not much into free will are you?
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
The box mechanic is gambling, pure and simple. Gambling with real money, regardless of converting that money to "points", is outlawed in some parts of the world. But the real problem here is ethics, not law. GGG, show your customers some respect and either 1.) change the RNG of opening a box to add weight to items the player currently does not have, or 2.) just get rid of them and sell the items directly.

Many F2P games have tried this mechanic to prey on those who have gambling issues and thus do not, and can not "purchase them responsibly". Just look at the posters in this thread who spent $100s of USD on these boxes. GGG, you're abusing them for a profit.

I've only purchased two boxes for fun, because I do not have issues with gambling. So I don't have any vested interest in trying to change or do away with boxes. I'm just chiming in as another person who sees right through this gambling scam.

GGG, let's come clean and do something about these boxes. Please respect your paying customers.

Free will? You mean like - stop paying hundreds of dollars for a single game? I'll think about it.
"
Schiriki wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

Free will? You mean like - stop paying hundreds of dollars for a single game? I'll think about it.

Invested another 70$ (around 220$ into the boxes) still no wings, only 1 of the chest pieces (seraph)

edit: +20$ (240$) - still no wings, no Gloom Chest.
Last edited by Schiriki on Jun 9, 2016, 7:38:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info