The Darkness Mystery Box

"
tsumetiv wrote:
"
guidom1980 wrote:
OMFG - what are the odds of getting 8/8 small boxes?
3rd time I fall for this, learning the hard way.

Could it be that I only had 1x1 spots free in my MTX tabs?
I never actually got new MTX tabs using these boxes, only when buying a complete set of some sort.
(got 5 pretty full tabs - but no 2x2 tiles in my MTX tabs available for the larger boxes.. anyone knows if this causes me to get only 1x1's?)

Well, it forced open a new mtx tab should you be lucky enough to get a big box. Happened to me while I blew through my points hoping to get the exclusive items.

What I need now is a sort button for all my duplicates

Hehe, yea those MTX tabs are a mess, hence I ended up with a bunch of 1x1 tiles in the first 4 MTX tabs - and they are all filled with 1x1 boxes.
am still disappointed that I didn't get any big box - and amazed that I don't seem to get a new MTX tab rather then just getting small boxes.
I actually continued testing and bough 4 more boxes, all small (as I expected)
So, be warned, it seems that big boxes only spawn when u have 2x2 tiles in your MTX tabs, I still have no new MTX tab now and got about 6 more 1x1 tiles to fill before my entire MTX tabs are filled and then perhaps it forces a new MTX tab.
I wrote support about this, since I didn't open any of the (12) 1x1 boxes yet.
I mean, what are the odds of getting only 1x1 boxes, twelve times in a row?!?!
Gambling is fun!
Sometimes you win but most of the times you loose, that's fine.
The thrill of opening the lottery tickets are wonderful.

"
Iflon wrote:
"
KappaSchiv wrote:
"
ainuayan wrote:
Just another opinion:

I'm pretty unhappy with the new box-meta in Path of Exile. I used to contribute to the community as much as I could, but introducing this gamble to win model and supporting PoE are different things. People usually buy a product they like and both parts are happy, in this case, all you get are a bunch of useless repeated things that you will never use.

The sad (or nice) part is: I'm in love with the new MTXs. I would gladly buy them if they were available now. I understand that by making us wait GGG will probably earn more money out of this, but it feels totally unfair.

As a suggestion, I would either implement new boxes with mostly new content, players would still buy them (even more, in my opinion), or simply release the boxes and the new MTXs at the same time, just don't discount them for 6 months or whatever time you want. Then the player will be forced to make a decision: gamble to get the MTXs cheap or buy what he needs for an established price.

On a few of these points, nothing about MTX is ever pay to win. You might consider getting what you want from gambling a win, but it does not affect game content, just how you dress up your character.

Also, the Solaris and Darkness boxes do introduce about 50% new content, and the prior content is a mixed bag of high cost/low cost MTX. If you have a majority of the prior MTX, it might not be a worthwhile gamble. I didn't have a majority of what was available in the Solaris box and I got lucky with very few repeat items in 15-25 boxes. I'll be able to complete my armor sets and get the key items I wanted in July. I was lucky, but that's the truth about gambling. Maybe I won't be so lucky when I do the same for the Darkness box when I upgrade my supporter pack.

Speaking of which, this is a free to play game supported by people who want to dress up their characters with MTX. Gambling is a very sneaky but effective way of doing exactly what they need to and it wouldn't work if people didn't enjoy it and stick around. Nothing major is exclusive to these packs. People are just impatient.

Lastly, we can all agree being able to organize the MTX stash and do something with the duplicate items is an absolute necessity.

"a free to play game supported by people who want to dress up their characters with MTX." you say?,

Well isent it just wonderfull that those players who keep the game alive then now have to pay insane amount's of money to unlock set's or special items like Wing's, nothing better then escape your everyday problems by chill in a game and throw away 10% of your monthly paycheck to realise you still failed to achieve the 5 items of 31 you only cared for?, i mean are they trying to be nice to us or straight up torturing us?, never have i feelt so ashamed of my own actions.

Lets be honest majority wants most likely just a few items from these box and they would of bought them specific if we could.

Sad to see games chose to go bad due to greed this is nothing less it ruins the whole immersion of the game with these mtx boxes,

Do you understand that every single item in those boxes except two will be available in the store later this year?

So no one has to pay anything to unlock wings or any of the other in-demand items. Look at the underlined line in his post compared to the bolded line in your post. You literally prove his point.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
1- Spent $50 this morning, and pretty disappointed that I have 2x of the Black Hole Portal effect, I'm asking support to remove one off my MTX stash (without any refund).

2- when I'm having multiple 1x1 empty slot, it looks like the "fucking mystery box" will start filling the tile with 1x1 boxes til they reach larger open-space for 2x2 boxes.

These are very very bad bugs that is killing my interest for buying anymore ..
Last edited by leolazy on Jun 8, 2016, 7:20:44 AM
"
Archwizard wrote:
Do you understand that every single item in those boxes except two will be available in the store later this year?

So no one has to pay anything to unlock wings or any of the other in-demand items. Look at the underlined line in his post compared to the bolded line in your post. You literally prove his point.

And holding off items for 3-4 months is a good way to threat the supporters that pays for the game?

I mean usualy games develop content for the players to play or use to feel happy about it, but Path of Exile use it to earn money and make players feel ashamed of there actions nor wait long time to the point where you might just see another box with better content you then want more then the previous on.

Fun fact they release box before the previous content rotates from box to shop.

The 3-4 month wait is there to "Force" "Trick" "Manipulate" players to buy it now. Like lets say you could watch a movie 4 months later with a 50% discount, would you actual wait for that when everone else you know is going to watch an talk about it?

Its same in poe would you wait 3-4 months to wear what others have? only problem is you may not be that lucky guy that gets what you want it a few box,

I mean try to be just a little realistic about this rather then be defensive about it GGG know very well where they are going with this. and we saw last time that they claim to have improved it yet we still see players getting like 15-25% fire works on large sample's wtf?
"
leolazy wrote:
1- Spent $50 this morning, and pretty disappointed that I have 2x of the Black Hole Portal effect, I'm asking support to remove one off my MTX stash (without any refund).

2- when I'm having multiple 1x1 empty slot, it looks like the "fucking mystery box" will start filling the tile with 1x1 boxes til they reach larger open-space for 2x2 boxes.

These are very very bad bugs that is killing my interest for buying anymore ..

Join the club!
I only had 1x1 spaces in my 5 MTX tabs, all filled with 1x1 boxes (12 in total)
Previously I had open 2x2 spaces and got about 50/50 ratio small and large, now not a single large box (and no space either, and no 6th MTX tab either..)

I left them unopened and wrote support about this bug, no answer yet and still waiting to start opening some boxes..
The box mechanic is gambling, pure and simple. Gambling with real money, regardless of converting that money to "points", is outlawed in some parts of the world. But the real problem here is ethics, not law. GGG, show your customers some respect and either 1.) change the RNG of opening a box to add weight to items the player currently does not have, or 2.) just get rid of them and sell the items directly.

Many F2P games have tried this mechanic to prey on those who have gambling issues and thus do not, and can not "purchase them responsibly". Just look at the posters in this thread who spent $100s of USD on these boxes. GGG, you're abusing them for a profit.

I've only purchased two boxes for fun, because I do not have issues with gambling. So I don't have any vested interest in trying to change or do away with boxes. I'm just chiming in as another person who sees right through this gambling scam.

GGG, let's come clean and do something about these boxes. Please respect your paying customers.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Iflon wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:

And holding off items for 3-4 months is a good way to threat the supporters that pays for the game?

I mean usualy games develop content for the players to play or use to feel happy about it, but Path of Exile use it to earn money and make players feel ashamed of there actions nor wait long time to the point where you might just see another box with better content you then want more then the previous on.

Fun fact they release box before the previous content rotates from box to shop.

The 3-4 month wait is there to "Force" "Trick" "Manipulate" players to buy it now. Like lets say you could watch a movie 4 months later with a 50% discount, would you actual wait for that when everone else you know is going to watch an talk about it?

Its same in poe would you wait 3-4 months to wear what others have? only problem is you may not be that lucky guy that gets what you want it a few box,

I mean try to be just a little realistic about this rather then be defensive about it GGG know very well where they are going with this. and we saw last time that they claim to have improved it yet we still see players getting like 15-25% fire works on large sample's wtf?

Wait wait wait, you're blaming your need to have everything at the moment it comes out on others?

And yes, I do wait for things to be discounted, because a) I have self-control and b) my feeling of self-worth isn't tied up in what others have.

I'll buy a couple boxes for the giggles, really because I want a couple of the box exclusive items which are pretty common (like those fireworks). If I happen to get something like those wings then woo I win. Oh and Badge of Skulls shield mtxes would be badass to get too, I love that one.

The realism involved is that 1) Stuff will be in the store eventually, 2) I control my own actions, 3) it's gambling, so approach it as that.

Anyone that approaches it differently is setting themselves up for disappointment.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Iflon wrote:

Yep, this!
All those superhero movies which are kinda "in" at the moment... I won't pay for cinema, I'll just wait until ordinary TV shows them.
If I *really* want something early, then I pay the price as everybody else has to do.

fashion victim: "I must wear/buy/use this because all others..."

me: "fuck fashion!"
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
Last edited by Wraeklops on Jun 8, 2016, 9:05:14 AM
"
Iflon wrote:

Like lets say you could watch a movie 4 months later with a 50% discount, would you actual wait for that when everone else you know is going to watch an talk about it?

Have you ever been asked this question?

"If everyone else you know jumps off a bridge, dose it mean you have to jump off one too?"

As you know every popular movie has pre-premier.
And now to answer your actual question. I would wait until it's cheaper.
And for the love of god, stop blaming GGG for something the entire world dose. Be thankful that you are actually getting new content and stuff and not some rehashed shiet.

"
Wraeklops wrote:

Yep, this!
All those superhero movies which are kinda "in" at the moment... I won't pay for cinema, I'll just wait until ordinary TV shows them.
If I *really* want something early, then I pay the price as everybody else has to do.

fashion victim: "I must wear/buy/use this because all others..."

me: "fuck fashion!"

**Vaci has liked your post**
Last edited by vacii on Jun 8, 2016, 9:13:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info