The Darkness Mystery Box

I just wish we could do something with duplicates. Anything. Be able to gift them, trade them back for points even if it is for a small loss it would be better than them just sitting there useless.

And on the subject of mtx, please let us rearrange the tabs. PLEASE.
Finest Hardcore Gaming Guild ~Soldiers of the Wasteland~ sotwguild.com
Spent 2,500 points and didn't get the wings :(
"
I just wish we could do something with duplicates. Anything. Be able to gift them, trade them back for points even if it is for a small loss it would be better than them just sitting there useless.

And on the subject of mtx, please let us rearrange the tabs. PLEASE.

Believe me, I have bugged support about arranging MXT tabs for what feels like a decade now and even some said they are waiting for it themselves too! The devs must be aware of this by now, I would say...

Doesn't seem like it would be a lot of work either, but maybe I'm wrong. :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Quentz wrote:
"
TwoHits wrote:
Bex's quote had to be removed due to the ghey 'Only 3 quotes may be embedded within each other.'
Note that these Mystery Boxes have random outcomes.

RANDOM:: AS DEFINED BY DICTIONARY.COM
adj.
proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern:
the random selection of numbers.
Statistics. of or characterizing a process of selection in which each item of a set has an equal probability of being chosen.

Building Trades.

(of building materials) lacking uniformity of dimensions:
random shingles.
(of ashlar) laid without continuous courses.
constructed or applied without regularity:
random bond.

Slang.

unknown, unidentified, or suspiciously out of place:
A couple of random guys showed up at the party.
odd or unpredictable, often in an amusing way:
my totally random life.

I've bought your mystery boxes before; there's NOTHING random about them. Fix this crap. Not sure how shit works in your country; but, here.. I could own your company with all this false advertisement & bait and switch tactics. Otherwise, I hope the laws are the same where you are; and, that someone takes the information posted here and runs with it.

Agreed! How is it possible to get 4 of the same item in a row when there are 31 different items?? Such BS! Sure it's fixed in some way.. So certain trash effects have a higher chance of rolling than the big ticket items so you can spend more. Nothing random about it.

I love all you people that comment on randomness but have no actual goddamned clue how it works.

Let's see here and here might provide some help.

Also, weighted randomness (the box outcomes) is still randomness. Every single drop in PoE is based on a weighted random, that's what rarity tiers are all about.

Also, it's so fucking cute threatening legal action. No, really, it is.

[Removed by Support]

Where does Bex say anything about weighted ratios?

Gtfo, sir, you have no clue what I was talking about; legality and getting what's paid for.
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Jun 7, 2016, 7:06:14 PM
Why not at least let people choose whether they want to buy new MTX or gamble for them:

For example 800-1000 points per full set (dropping the price after some time to the common amount of 420 points), around 700-800 points for the Wings.

Another option would be to stop including single parts of Armour Sets and just include full sets. But honestly I'd just stop introducing new MTX via Boxes without selling them at the same time.

This way early adopters who don't mind paying a higher price are at least able to enjoy a full set or the desired parts, instead of wasting a lot of money for basically nothing. If you already own all desired old MTX those do nothing for you and the value of a new set lacking the most important piece (e.g. chest, wings) is somewhere near zero for most guys (I suppose).

"
Please purchase them responsibly!

These boxes are carefully designed to lead to irresponsibility.

Treat your customers responsibly. As you normally do - in all other aspects.
Last edited by Schiriki on Jun 7, 2016, 3:01:45 PM
Just another opinion:

I'm pretty unhappy with the new box-meta in Path of Exile. I used to contribute to the community as much as I could, but introducing this gamble to win model and supporting PoE are different things. People usually buy a product they like and both parts are happy, in this case, all you get are a bunch of useless repeated things that you will never use.

The sad (or nice) part is: I'm in love with the new MTXs. I would gladly buy them if they were available now. I understand that by making us wait GGG will probably earn more money out of this, but it feels totally unfair.

As a suggestion, I would either implement new boxes with mostly new content, players would still buy them (even more, in my opinion), or simply release the boxes and the new MTXs at the same time, just don't discount them for 6 months or whatever time you want. Then the player will be forced to make a decision: gamble to get the MTXs cheap or buy what he needs for an established price.
Make lab optional! Give us another way to get the ascendancy points we need.

#CantGitGudAtLab
I wish we could do something with portal duplicates. Most every other MTX get tagged to an item, but having three black hole portals is exactly the same as having one black hole portal.

Also, still waiting for a reclaim all button.
For once I am happy there is nothing for me in the mystery box. Need to save more money anyways :b
"
Firefly00 wrote:
A couple of things come to mind about these. First, with respect to the armor aesthetics, I'm going to quote one Jaqqour Strawbridge from the relevant Facebook posting:

"GGG you should really consider the DOTA treasures model, where you don't get duplicates until all base items are unlocked."

I wonder, then, if there is some way for the 'dice' to check to see if you have (for example) the Obsidian Seraph gloves anywhere, and if so, to treat any future results of such from a box as 'roll again'.

Second, stackable consumables should automatically stack as appropriate. For example, if you get 4 soulercoaster packs (15 each, max stack 100), there should be one stack of 60 in the inventory.

It simply removes any prize already won and then rolls for an outcome.
Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum - That's nature for you.
"
ainuayan wrote:
Just another opinion:

I'm pretty unhappy with the new box-meta in Path of Exile. I used to contribute to the community as much as I could, but introducing this gamble to win model and supporting PoE are different things. People usually buy a product they like and both parts are happy, in this case, all you get are a bunch of useless repeated things that you will never use.

The sad (or nice) part is: I'm in love with the new MTXs. I would gladly buy them if they were available now. I understand that by making us wait GGG will probably earn more money out of this, but it feels totally unfair.

As a suggestion, I would either implement new boxes with mostly new content, players would still buy them (even more, in my opinion), or simply release the boxes and the new MTXs at the same time, just don't discount them for 6 months or whatever time you want. Then the player will be forced to make a decision: gamble to get the MTXs cheap or buy what he needs for an established price.

On a few of these points, nothing about MTX is ever pay to win. You might consider getting what you want from gambling a win, but it does not affect game content, just how you dress up your character.

Also, the Solaris and Darkness boxes do introduce about 50% new content, and the prior content is a mixed bag of high cost/low cost MTX. If you have a majority of the prior MTX, it might not be a worthwhile gamble. I didn't have a majority of what was available in the Solaris box and I got lucky with very few repeat items in 15-25 boxes. I'll be able to complete my armor sets and get the key items I wanted in July. I was lucky, but that's the truth about gambling. Maybe I won't be so lucky when I do the same for the Darkness box when I upgrade my supporter pack.

Speaking of which, this is a free to play game supported by people who want to dress up their characters with MTX. Gambling is a very sneaky but effective way of doing exactly what they need to and it wouldn't work if people didn't enjoy it and stick around. Nothing major is exclusive to these packs. People are just impatient.

Lastly, we can all agree being able to organize the MTX stash and do something with the duplicate items is an absolute necessity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info