[2.6][Assassin] TheAmigoReach! Reach of the Council Insane Poison DPS! -UBER/TWINNED CORE DOWN

Hi mr. Amigo boys ! After all this hype you generated about the ROTC, I managed to nab one mid-way the league, and now on standard, with my other bow, I was wondering which is still better.

This is my old bow, so with GMP, it would come to less damage than :

This, without GMP ? Not that great at maths, haha...

(Once properly 6linked of course)
"
A pair of things that surprise me.

If you take acrobatics... why not go for 4 points more for Phase Acrobatics? Would not be that a huge defensive boost? really worth the 4 points?

Also... is barrage that good against bosses? Or is it more just a Atziri thing so you don't hit reflect? I find that without that problem, it might be worth more to keep shooting tornado shot around when you are running around dangerous bosses, as you don't have to aim.

I am also expressing my amazement you could do twinned core, with less than 5k life. I have tried that fight and it's crazy, way too many things killing you. I just have managed with a Soul Ward Occultist with 9k ES, and even then not deathless. The achiles heel of this build is really the lack of life. I am about 4.8k and notice it (and even went for Starkonja rather than rat nest to get life).

yeah, i only use the barrage, so that i dont myself in the reflect phase.

and thanks, the fight was also really hard, think i was a little lucky :)
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
"
Hi mr. Amigo boys ! After all this hype you generated about the ROTC, I managed to nab one mid-way the league, and now on standard, with my other bow, I was wondering which is still better.

This is my old bow, so with GMP, it would come to less damage than :

This, without GMP ? Not that great at maths, haha...

(Once properly 6linked of course)

Reach is the best for sure!
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
I must say I am in deep paranoia of this build because two builds I had and I was most playing have been slaughtered in this patch :D
"
I must say I am in deep paranoia of this build because two builds I had and I was most playing have been slaughtered in this patch :D

Heh. Even the new reach will slaughter everything.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
"

Heh. Even the new reach will slaughter everything.

Im crossing my fingers... it scares me that this is clearing zones faster than my CoC character... although I must say that that one was a lot tankier.

I must say my own take for this build is to have a 6L Curse on Hit/Power Charge on Crit on my chest:

frenzy + pierce + PCoC + Curse on Hit + Vulnerability + GMP (yeah, this means half the room and then some is covered with piercing frenzy projectiles).

Right now I am using Blasphemy for a curse.

Aura wise, my defensive setup is Grace + Enfeeble and offensive wise Hatred + Assassin's Mark.

I would just switch TS for Barrage directly for Atziri, but I honestly would prefer to go for Atziri, with other character... probably in my Soul Strike + Wicked Ward character (currently under reform as bladefall mines have been thoroughly destroyed...).

Usually in Standard I keep a map clearer / boss killer-super tanky different characters, and this feels a lot more like a map clearer, probably I am a bit too clumsy to try with this character something like uber atziri, full key run uber izaro or malachai core...
Is it still worth it in the essence league over a harbinger build?
Rolled this for the new league.
Biggest problem is going to be the availability of the unique bows. No reach of the council or death's opus on poe.trade at the moment.

Will this build work with a half-decent harb?
thinking of rolling this for essence. even with nerf to rotc is this build still viable?
I'm playing this build (more or less) in Essence league, bought a Deaths Harp for 1c and a volley fire gem (barrage) for 2c. I'm only at level 51 so far. (many Death's Harp up for 1c, buy in bulk :P)

Theres already Bowstrings Music prophecies up for sale for 20c to get Death Opus so gearing should be easy for the main gear in Essence League. (dont try to buy the Opus just buy the prophecy and do it, Death Harps are cheap cheap and you'll already be using it anyways.)

EDIT: Ok, no 20c prophecies up atm, more expensive but keep and eye out, I cant afford it anyways till I can generate my own chaos orbs.

I didnt have a Shadow in standard that could use my Reach of the Council so I'm leveling this one for that purpose. I think the nerfed version of Reach will still be very strong tho.

-Cob
Last edited by Cobreean on Sep 6, 2016, 11:30:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info