[2.6][Assassin] TheAmigoReach! Reach of the Council Insane Poison DPS! -UBER/TWINNED CORE DOWN

Should I use Grace (I have Iron Reflexes) or Hatred? I feel my dps drops too much without Hatred.
"
Should I use Grace (I have Iron Reflexes) or Hatred? I feel my dps drops too much without Hatred.

If you're taking Iron Reflexes, you should be using Grace. If you decide to go with Hatred, you might as well just drop Iron Reflexes and go pure evasion.

Edit: The reasoning behind which you take is pretty simple - if you're evasion, you need the damage to achieve faster kill times, to make sure you reduce the chance of you having your evasion fail and getting destroyed by some type of damage - kill them before they kill you type of deal. If you're Iron Reflexes, you trade the offensive aura for Grace making you tanky enough to survive a hit or two.

It's a playstyle choice and entirely up to you.
"Life is like the sea; tides and currents sometimes take a man to distant shores that he never dreamed existed."
Last edited by vaiur on Jun 22, 2016, 4:19:09 PM
"
vaiur wrote:
"

If you're taking Iron Reflexes, you should be using Grace. If you decide to go with Hatred, you might as well just drop Iron Reflexes and go pure evasion.

Edit: The reasoning behind which you take is pretty simple - if you're evasion, you need the damage to achieve faster kill times, to make sure you reduce the chance of you having your evasion fail and getting destroyed by some type of damage - kill them before they kill you type of deal. If you're Iron Reflexes, you trade the offensive aura for Grace making you tanky enough to survive a hit or two.

It's a playstyle choice and entirely up to you.

Thanks for the complete answer, very useful. Unfortunately, I have just wasted all of my currency on a 6L with wrong colors and I have just learned on my skin that I can't modify corrupted items (new player here), so my career is over for this season :D
depending on how "off color" the colors you need are you can keep going. Vorici can re-color corrupted items for the usual price plus 1 vaal orb per chrome orb, so you need to spend at least 4 chrome/vaal per re-roll. Unless you need like 3+ off color rolls or something its generally pretty affordable.
Where are you getting your 5th power charge from in your math? Maybe I'm missing something obvious but I can't see a +1 power charge node taken on the tree at any point.

My progress so far (the ele weak gloves are there to guarantee poison while i'm corrupting more Facebreakers).

I was thinking if there was really a need to use HoT-CoH-Assa Mark, i pmuch oneshot everything and still have a long way to go improving stuff for more damage.
Wouldn't a blasphemy enfeeble or temp chains be better?

PD: foak reflect rares :D, so tempted to take vaal pact.
Wow, bought a cospris, spammed a few jews to get 5 sockets to 150 fusing 5link it. Got a lucky 6 socket, 2 fusings for the sake of it, and bam 6-link. Lucky as all hell.

Should I just run the 6l main attack and 6l single attack then? Rather than a 6l curse on hit or something.
For those of us who find Slower Projectiles to be too irritating to run, what do we think the next-best support gem is? I'm leaning towards Increased Critical Damage.
"
BurningChaos wrote:
Wow, bought a cospris, spammed a few jews to get 5 sockets to 150 fusing 5link it. Got a lucky 6 socket, 2 fusings for the sake of it, and bam 6-link. Lucky as all hell.

Should I just run the 6l main attack and 6l single attack then? Rather than a 6l curse on hit or something.

The build runs a 6L Tornado Shot and a 6L Barrage. I suppose since they run the same supports you could just swap Barrage in and out as needed, but I'm lazy as shit and just run both. I'd suggest running your 6L as your Tornado Shot primarily and trading it out for Barrage on single target situations.

Your curse on hit should be Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark - Herald of Ice. Ideally you corrupt a Facebreakers to have "Curse enemies with Level X (Vulnerability/Elemental Weakness/Temporal Chains) on hit" to proc your Cospri's poison effect as soon as possible in a fight, otherwise you rely on HoI to apply your assassin's mark.

Herald applying curse is obviously less optimal than Curse on Hit Facebreakers for bosses, but that's why they're in the endgame build.
"Life is like the sea; tides and currents sometimes take a man to distant shores that he never dreamed existed."
"
doctorsurgo wrote:
For those of us who find Slower Projectiles to be too irritating to run, what do we think the next-best support gem is? I'm leaning towards Increased Critical Damage.

I'd highly recommend against skipping Slower Projectiles (it's a more multiplier that double dips our damage), but I would also suspect that Increased Critical Damage would be your next best option.

I very strongly recommend sticking with Slower Projectiles.
Last edited by vaiur on Jun 22, 2016, 9:58:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info