Can Sunder miss?

I can't get sunder to miss either against single targets. Using a trypanon + marylene's build, so even if it failed the crit accuracy check I would notice. Earthquake definitely misses, by comparison.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Fascinating. Can someone who's actually done the testing post this to bug reports?
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:
Fascinating. Can someone who's actually done the testing post this to bug reports?

I'll do a bug report a bit further into the league. I think they got quite a bit on their plate right now.
I've done a bit more testing and you can definitely evade your own reflect damage with Sunder. I've hit reflect monsters while my ES was recharging and had my ES keep on recharging. Getting super low accuracy and decent evasion will be very strong against reflect.

One annoying thing about Sunder is that the tooltip DPS takes accuracy into account while the attacks don't. I can swap out a weapon with a good accuracy roll for a weapon with no accuracy roll and much better damage and have my DPS go down. This makes it a lot tougher to tell which weapon is better for my elemental build.
"
Jennik wrote:
This makes it a lot tougher to tell which weapon is better for my elemental build.

Sounds like someone doesn't want to accept that what he found was a bug :P

Don't get too attached to the mechanic you've found. There is perhaps a slight possibility that the bug fix would be put off for a long time, or that they would just give up and add Hits can't be evaded to the currently not-working-as-worded skills (Blast Rain, Sunder), but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I never claimed this isn't a bug. It's definitely possible that these skills always hitting is a bug. They've been in the game for quite a while, though. The bugs it takes GGG that long to discover tend to be the less obvious bugs. This behavior is super obvious.

Tooltip DPS being displayed incorrectly, though? That's a super common problem that GGG either can't fix or hasn't yet for some reason. I wouldn't let tooltip DPS being calculated incorrectly lead me to any conclusions about whether or not something else is a bug.

My best guess is that GGG designed these skills always hit for some reason and we just don't know what that reason is. Maybe someone from GGG will chime in and let us know what the intended behavior is.
"
Jennik wrote:
Tooltip DPS being displayed incorrectly, though? That's a super common problem that GGG either can't fix or hasn't yet for some reason. I wouldn't let tooltip DPS being calculated incorrectly lead me to any conclusions about whether or not something else is a bug.

*sigh*
If a Skill is supposed to always Hit, the tooltip DPS factors that in just fine, like it does with so many attacker-side modifiers. People love hating on the DPS display for all the wrong reasons.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 5, 2016, 5:47:43 AM
Viper, you've been blatantly wrong in this thread already. Please be less confident in the future when making baseless claims about how the game's supposed to work. This is especially true if you're going to throw in digs toward the person you're making baseless claims towards.

*sigh*

People just love pretending to be experts about things they're ignorant of.

Edit: Huh, two different vipers with the valued poster tag. The advice still stands, even if the previous knowledge claim was made by someone else.
Last edited by Jennik on Jun 5, 2016, 5:58:11 AM
"
Jennik wrote:
Edit: Huh, two different vipers with the valued poster tag. The advice still stands, even if the previous knowledge claim was made by someone else.

Yeah and I'm entirely confident that the DPS display factors in Always Hits just fine when it's intended. See also: RT, Lioneye's Glare, Vaal Attacks, every Spell.
Further to that: forgive me for being defensive, but to call my earlier claims baseless is a little unfair, don't you think? I'm simply parroting what has been stated by GGG many times over when I say that all attacks check for accuracy. I really do apologise for being wrong in this case and for any offense my tone may have caused, but I cannot conceive of this being anything other than a bug, and bugs can get weird. If no one ever answered a question here without rigorously testing the specific use case themselves to ensure no bugs were at work, no one would ever get the answers they needed.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info