Can Sunder miss?

I'm playing Sunder this league and planned to take RT. Before I could, I noticed that Sunder never misses on the initial attack even though I have super low accuracy. It doesn't look like the aftershocks miss, either. All accuracy seems to affect is my tooltip DPS.

Is there a reason to get RT with Sunder?
Last bumped on Jun 5, 2016, 10:45:10 AM
all Attacks can Miss unless they have the mod "Hits can't be Evaded," and Sunder does not provide that mod

if you are sure you are successfully Hitting on 100% of all Sunder Attack attempts, that is a bug, although a nice one
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Blast Rain and Rain of Arrows always hit as well from what I've read. It seems like an unadvertised bonus on certain skills. I'm definitely never missing with Sunder, though.

I found one other person who mentioned this in Sunder's thread in the gem feedback forum. That's the only thing I could find related to Sunder always hitting.
"
Blast Rain and Rain of Arrows always hit as well from what I've read.

This is absolutely false. As stated above, all attacks check for accuracy (except for the Vaal skills that explicitly say they can't be evaded), regardless of whether it makes intuitive sense for them to do so.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Rain of arrows used to always hit, but that was a bug and they fixed it.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
viperesque wrote:
"
Blast Rain and Rain of Arrows always hit as well from what I've read.

This is absolutely false. As stated above, all attacks check for accuracy (except for the Vaal skills that explicitly say they can't be evaded), regardless of whether it makes intuitive sense for them to do so.

Edit: I've cut out some incredibly confusing wordplay. I blame having just woken up.

I've never actually played Rain of Arrows. It's possible it does actually check for accuracy, but the people in the thread linked below claim it does not. I have no clue how ROA works.

Still, I'm very confident that Blast Rain always hits. That was my experience from playing high EV characters in Perandus league, and it was tested repeatedly by the people in that thread.

I'm also absolutely positive that Sunder always hits. You can play the skill. If it's checking for accuracy, it's for some other purpose than seeing whether or not the first AOE attack and the shockwaves hit enemies. Those always hit.
Last edited by Jennik on Jun 4, 2016, 5:47:27 AM
I have also noticed this, but thought it was just me.

Sunder never seems to miss enemies, be it the "projectile" or the shockwaves.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Edit: double post, forum is glitchy.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Jun 4, 2016, 11:11:26 AM
I'm in late A4 cruel now. Sunder definitely always hits enemies. It doesn't seem to always hit me with reflect damage, though. That's pretty good. I'll test more as I find more reflect monsters to make sure that's the case.

I highly recommend that anyone with a Sunder build currently using Resolute Technique try speccing out of it. I noticed a lot of people using it when I was searching for similar questions to mine earlier. Cutting RT from my build saved me 4 points and seems to have also made it easier to deal with reflect.
Did some tests with a low accuracy char and life gain on hit gem.
Blast rain seems to always hit.
Sunder seems to always hit.
Rain of Arrows definitely can miss.

What's interesting, besides the weird behavior of BR and Sunder, is that the entropy system seems to affect monster's chance to evade as well. While shooting RoA at merciless Hillock the pattern was hit-hit-hit-miss hit-hit-hit-miss etc. sometimes going up to 4 hits but dropping to 3 after. But if I staggered attacks I could hit 5-6 and more times in a row, I assume it's because entropy counter had time to reset. Of course it's possible I just see patterns that are not actually there, rng is a fickle mistress.
Last edited by PaperRat on Jun 4, 2016, 5:35:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info