2.3.0b Patch Notes

Windows XP hype!!
Another day , Another chaos
Not playing blade vortex myself, but lots in global are saying theyre crashing constantly. Sound is also reeaaally off, from the way certain orbs sound, to if there's too much sound/explosions at once, it starts sputtering.
"
Punkdog wrote:
Not sure why, but after this minipatch I am now getting constant frame spikes 5000-6000 every few seconds upon entering a world zone, and then PoE goes not responding after a minute >.> Was working perfectly before.

Welp, turns out I just needed to wait 23 minutes to enter zones without FT spikes and/or crashing. Ty for the background loading, totally has improved my speed at getting into the game, from 8-9 minutes on the old system to 20+ now :) (Sarcasm in there somewhere, go find it). Might be why others are crashing too, all thier skills/actions aren't already loaded yet and its overloading *shrug*.
thank you guys for helping me and others ( windows xp users ^-^ )
"Disabled background preloading on Windows XP to restore compatability with that fifteen-year-old operating system."

gotta love that last part :)

i wonder why ppl still use xp when they could benefit more from windows 10. just my opinion...
http://www.speedtest.net/result/6162346301.png
Using XP in through a VPC is totally fine, so supporting it is also fine. By itself means you only connect to trusting locations, which is pretty much how you use a browser, but I agree the wording was an issue.

I got a BV drop and hadn't heard of crashing involving it, but I'm playing alone so maybe that's why I haven't had a problem.

As for the sound, every now and then I've had no sound from this or that, but the system cut out forcing restarts 3 times at least, twice during the coast unique fight (Firefury?), so maybe that's repeatable and can be used to hunt down the problem.
Can we get preloading REMOVED completely from the code?
Loled at that unnecessary windows xp swipe. Kind of like a doctor making needlessly negative comments about a patient's weight lol.
kinda funny, when i started poe it ran just fine on my older xp computer, then out of memory crashes appeared after a4 was implemented, now i couldnt even play it despite highly praised better performance

thanks for that xp comment, really appreciated
tfw people still use xp, thinking ggg should support it even tho microsft stopped supporting it as well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info