[2.4 Video Guide] Inquisitor/Elementalist's Ice Nova SHATTER Crit Build! [HC/SC Viable]

hi i'm strugling with dmg and surviability pls tell me why
Some feedback on the build.

So I am playing SC standard at the moment, however the most f***** up part of this build is physical dmg. You are getting one-shoted on big a bosses(doresso cruel+, malachai merciless).

Had no problems at all till merciless, I was easily carrying 3 group members on my back (tabula rasa equiped). Dmg is great, there are no doubts and I really enjoy the gameplay. Everything is frozen, and dies very fast.

But the surviveability against bosses like Malachai(merc) is pure nightmare. I had 4k hp, 1.7k ES, resist cap, double curse, even took fire + granite flask but still died ~10 times that is really painful and definitely not HC viable. Same shit happened on Doresso at cruel and merciless, died like 2-3 times from his physical attacks.
Was doing it in duo party mode.

Funny thing that on cruel malachai died very fast and I had no problems at all, was porting a bit back and forth to refill my movement flasks. (wasn't using any defensive flasks)

Moreover Vaal Discipline is really questionable gem.

First of all the way how this gem is working is really stupid. You are NOT ABLE to cast it while you are in a CAST ANIMATION of the Ice Nova/Surge, meaning that gem usage is really low since we are in the cast animation 99% of the time (hello spell echo). Basically you use it only when you engage into the big-dangerous pack that happens not that often.
Second, gem usage on the bosses is also REALLY BAD, since most of the time bosses are single targets and you can use it only once per fight. Dunno Arctic armor would fit there better, however we need to solve the question how to put it there, because 2 curses are eating entire mana pool.

Lifting, how did you survive physical dmg? I really doubt that you managed to get through malachai on HC.

TL;DR: Phys dmg fuck you up, died on malachai like 10 times, not HC viable IMO.
Last edited by prophets on Jun 16, 2016, 2:54:47 PM
guys I'm lvl 52 now in HC and really take a lot damage...

here's my gear :

Spoiler

I'm using a silver and basalt flask but I do take a lot of phys damage...
What can I do more to no die?

I also want to know : how to run 3 aura at 35% mana reserved ?
Last edited by sp4k on Jun 17, 2016, 9:46:20 AM
"
guys I'm lvl 52 now in HC and really take a lot damage...

here's my gear :

Spoiler

I'm using a silver and basalt flask but I do take a lot of phys damage...
What can I do more to no die?

I also want to know : how to run 3 aura at 35% mana reserved ?

As I said above, I don't think this build is that HC viable phys dmg is the problem.

One way of solving it is to add Arctic armor, but yea... mana.

When it comes to auras, till like lvl 65 I had only 2 auras on (Clarity and Herald of Ice) and I was manually spreading the Assassins's mark and Enfeeble. Only when I got double curse talent + doresso and 350 ES shield I dropped clarity and set my double curse aura setup (3 auras in total). Currently I have 150 free mana and I use my ES as mana pool. On HC I would use enfeeble as my main curse while leveling.

EDIT: After some thoughts, I dropped vaal discipline and instead set Ind.cry. In addition to that curse on hit assassin's mark to ice nova setup (you need to have 6L armor to do it) and we are adding arctic armour into a shield socket where the assassin's mark was. This way we are increasing our survive ability, however we are loosing some dmg, but IMO dmg is not a problem with this build.
Last edited by prophets on Jun 17, 2016, 6:16:34 PM
Just to say people struggling with survivability against bosses, try using warlords mark and enfeeble with blasphemy ;) I have found that with warlords I can survive most of the time but without it is hard.

Also to a degree ignore the guide on when to get hp, I moved around some steps to ensure I got hp first, am now level 71. Dont get me wrong I still don't think this build HC viable but it certainly is fun in normal when you don't have to give a flying around dieing outside of the xp annoyance.
Currently lvl 79 HC. Most of the time everything is frozen. In the other cases just use flasks. Works perfectly for me. Great build!

It's really important to have high enough crit chance, and a good ES pool (I have 1,5k ES).
Last edited by SlevinKelevra on Jun 19, 2016, 9:21:57 AM
Do you have an opinion on using the new Beast Fur Shawl in place of a Carcass Jack?
The build is alright. I keep shrecking myself on ele reflect. I don't know how to play around it without reading every line of text on every rare mob which seems ridiculous. Am I missing something?
Get max res + high HP/ES. You should also use an instant flask.

I also dont think that this build is hc viable :D Problems are mobs that hit hard (like Izaro/Argus) and situations where you have a lot of damage from many sources (like Izaro with traps or merc Malachai). You either die in one hit or you can`t recharge ES fast enough.
Guys, the build is 100% hardcore viable. I only play in hardcore, I would never make a build that would have good survivability. If you guys are having trouble with survivability at your current stage it has something to do with your gear.

I have tested this build in tier 14 maps and survived easily - even against nasty damage map mods.

If the build wasn't hardcore viable I would never put that in the title or advertise the build as such.

I have multiple people coming to my twitch using this build in hardcore maps who does just fine.

If you are having trouble generating ES fast enough it is either because 1) you aren't using Zealot's Oath + Stone Golem 2) You don't have enough total ES or 3) you don't use Vaal Discipline proactively when encountering monsters.

This build has a fairly high life pool, uses mind over matter, blasphemy enfeeble, CWDT IC, fortify AND it freezes mobs. If you make sure to utilize these correct there is NO WAY that this build isn't tanky!

Don't try to rush, upgrade your gear (remember the affix priorities) and research the different boss tactics.

Try checking out the video as well, in there I am running 2 tier 13 maps one with damage mods the other one with monster life, EE and so forth.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Jun 21, 2016, 6:43:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info