[2.4 Video Guide] Inquisitor/Elementalist's Ice Nova SHATTER Crit Build! [HC/SC Viable]

Been awhile since I've played, but I've came back for this league and enjoying this so far (aside from doing the labs, lol) and was wondering about two of the gem setups.

"
Defensive Setup:

- Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 1), Immortal Call (lvl 1), Increased Duration & Vaal Discipline ( both max level).

Will a level 1 CWDT support the Vaal Discipline at max level? Also, where do we get out endurance charges from to support Immortal Call?

----

"
Utility:

- Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 12), Stone Golem (lvl 14), Fire Trap & Herald of Ice.

Why such a high level of CWDT? At level 12 it'll take 1635 points of damage to trigger the gem. Is that not too much; or am I overthinking the setup for this and it's actually fine? Is the herald only linked due to lack of gem slots?
"
JaxMiAwf wrote:
Been awhile since I've played, but I've came back for this league and enjoying this so far (aside from doing the labs, lol) and was wondering about two of the gem setups.

"
Defensive Setup:

- Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 1), Immortal Call (lvl 1), Increased Duration & Vaal Discipline ( both max level).

Will a level 1 CWDT support the Vaal Discipline at max level? Also, where do we get out endurance charges from to support Immortal Call?

----

"
Utility:

- Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 12), Stone Golem (lvl 14), Fire Trap & Herald of Ice.

Why such a high level of CWDT? At level 12 it'll take 1635 points of damage to trigger the gem. Is that not too much; or am I overthinking the setup for this and it's actually fine? Is the herald only linked due to lack of gem slots?

PRETTY sure you're meant to self-cast Vaal Discipline mate.
How would this work with dropping EB/MoM out and going mana, with Warlords Mark as 2nd curse coupled with Vaal Pact (the regen is low already) and using Blade Vortex + PCoC for power charges? Loss of ES buffer, yes, but should help with reflect while still having a way to generate charges...and BV can serve as additional source of damage, with all that crit and spell dmg.
Last edited by IANVS on Jun 11, 2016, 3:40:48 PM
"
Kirc wrote:

Makes a lot more sense, I was under the assumption that you couldn't cast a skill if it was linked to a CWDT.
"
JaxMiAwf wrote:
"
Kirc wrote:

Makes a lot more sense, I was under the assumption that you couldn't cast a skill if it was linked to a CWDT.

Right, but it's too high a level so it's not supported :)
]In the skill gem section, it says the CwDT is 12 and Stone golem is 14. But in your gear section, you have both at 17. Can you explain the difference?

Also Vaal Discipline has a duration of 3 seconds right? So instead of repeatedly casting it every 3 seconds, would it not be better to put it in a CwDT set up to avoid that?
Last edited by hansantizor on Jun 12, 2016, 3:53:50 PM
I have tried most of yours build guides lifting, but this is the first build i tried that i have had problems with, not sure what im doing wrong...

Not really new to the game, played it for years, but casually.

My main concern is that my ES does not regen fast enough, making me run out of ES as soon as i face more deadly mobs, on T5+ maps and on almost every single boss. As soon as i run out of ES i cant cast spells, and thats really not a nice situation to be in. The Golem does not provide enough ESregen, and it dies way to easy, while not being summoned until i take a BIG hit, so i end up not having a golem up for a long time in critical situations.

I DONT HAVE VAAL DISCIPLINE YET, but is that really what makes all the difference?

DMG is fine, but the defense combined with the eldrich battery/mind over matter is horrible, at least on low gear lvls. Im lvl 75, with 4k life, 1700 ES and 340 ES/sec.

To me it just feels like the mechanics behind this build just requires insane good gear to even work... Really not new leauge/self found friendly at all, or beginnerfriendly for that matter either.

Thanks for any tips on what i could have missed to make this work! Some ES leech would be amazing and solve most issues i think.
Can someone explain to me why linking ice nova to controlled destruction as it really decrease the critical chance but this is a crit base build so I don't understand...
"
Trevtard wrote:
I have tried most of yours build guides lifting, but this is the first build i tried that i have had problems with, not sure what im doing wrong...

Not really new to the game, played it for years, but casually.

My main concern is that my ES does not regen fast enough, making me run out of ES as soon as i face more deadly mobs, on T5+ maps and on almost every single boss. As soon as i run out of ES i cant cast spells, and thats really not a nice situation to be in. The Golem does not provide enough ESregen, and it dies way to easy, while not being summoned until i take a BIG hit, so i end up not having a golem up for a long time in critical situations.

I DONT HAVE VAAL DISCIPLINE YET, but is that really what makes all the difference?

DMG is fine, but the defense combined with the eldrich battery/mind over matter is horrible, at least on low gear lvls. Im lvl 75, with 4k life, 1700 ES and 340 ES/sec.

To me it just feels like the mechanics behind this build just requires insane good gear to even work... Really not new leauge/self found friendly at all, or beginnerfriendly for that matter either.

Thanks for any tips on what i could have missed to make this work! Some ES leech would be amazing and solve most issues i think.

Yeah i'm currently at 2K energy shield and any upgrade to that amount would cost me at least 20 Chaos right now on Prophecy. Not a large amount really, but for my first character on a new league it does give me problems. For reference, I'm also level 75.
Thanks for the build, enjoying something similar. I wanted to know what your thoughts on frostbite were? 25% cold 25% fire damage with 30% crit chance seems like it is worth the trip.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info