2.4 Necromancer Spectre/SRS Angryaa

Hmmm with Vaal Haste and Flesh Offering, my movement speed and cast speed seems fine at the moment. I'm absolutely blazing through leveling at the moment, but I'll see how it scales into higher levels. I've set my filter so it only makes big sounds on Regrets and up, and I hardly pick up rares anymore so I'm not too concerned about loot hunting problems.

Are there any other good uniques to put on Animate Guardian, besides Leer Cast and Dying Breath? Or should I just be aiming for rares with high life.
IGN: EchelonTL, neophyte
Guild: Team Liquid
Leer Cast, Dying Breath, Ambu's Charge, Lioneye's Paws, Southbound Soldier Gloves

are what I've been putting on my guardian. Not necessarily the optimal choices, but nothing there should cost over a chaos, so if it dies every now and then you won't cry about the exalted orbs it just died wearing.
nothing wrong with those , since most people have walked away from bone offering as a serious skill in 99% of all cases you can't really expect to use zahndethus cassok which procs with block to do much regardless
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
nothing wrong with those , since most people have walked away from bone offering as a serious skill in 99% of all cases you can't really expect to use zahndethus cassok which procs with block to do much regardless

I think bone offering "was" bad. I think it's OpieOP now, since it affects the caster. Maybe max block minions aren't what I really yearn for. Max block for myself though? Yes please.
"
echelontee wrote:
Are there any other good uniques to put on Animate Guardian, besides Leer Cast and Dying Breath? Or should I just be aiming for rares with high life.

I'd say high armor, evasion, and capped resistances (factoring in curses) are the most important. He has 25/25/25/0 resists to start, and you can get 16% on the passive tree (41/41/41/0). So you need at least 34/34/34/75 to reach minimal cap. Commander of Darkness and Purity aura should be considered bonuses against curses, rather than a solution in and of themselves.

Life is secondary, in my opinion, but still nice if you can get it. He has 8k base life at lvl20, so another hundred and change is a drop in the bucket. Still, it could make the difference between 1 hp and 0 hp. Because his life is already so high, I would prioritize other layers of defense first.

Uniques with defensive attributes that are potentially useful to Animate Guardian:

Chest
  • Zahndethus' Cassock
    +50% to Chaos Resistance;
    100% chance on Block to create Consecrated Ground
    (allies regenerate 4% of their maximum life per second)

• Ambu's Charge
    Gain an Endurance Charge when you take a Critical Strike
    (monsters get +15% all resist and 15% physical damage reduction per charge);
    2% of Life Regenerated per Second while on Low Life;
    +15% to all Elemental Resistances;
    Armour: 541

• Cloak of Flame
    20% of Physical Damage taken as Fire Damage;
    +50% to Fire Resistance

• Lightning Coil
    30% of Physical Damage taken as Lightning Damage;
    Armour & Evasion: 590;
    −60% to Lightning Resistance

• Belly of the Beast
    40% increased maximum Life;
    +15% to all Elemental Resistances;
    Armour: 543

• Hyrri's Ire
    10% chance to Dodge Attacks and Spell Damage;
    Evasion: 1949

• Wall of Brambles
    Armour: 2014;
    40% of Melee Physical Damage taken reflected to Attacker

• Death's Oath
    Armour: 1622;
    1% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life;
    +12% to all Elemental Resistances;
    Deals 450 Chaos Damage per second to nearby Enemies;
    You take 450 Chaos Damage per second for 3 seconds on Kill

Boots
  • Atziri's Step
    16% Spell Dodge;
    Evasion: 599

• The Blood Dance
    0.5% of Life Regenerated per Second per Frenzy Charge

• Rainbowstride
    25% of Block Chance applied to Spells;
    +20% to all Elemental Resistances

• Darkray Vectors
    +1 maximum Frenzy Charge;
    2% chance to Dodge Attacks per Frenzy Charge;
    +40% to Lightning Resistance

• Death's Door
    +1 to Maximum Endurance Charges;
    You are Immune to Bleeding;
    +15% to all Elemental Resistances

• Kaom's Roots
    +150 to maximum Life;
    Armour: 210;
    Cannot evade

Gloves
  • Southbound
    16% increased maximum Life;
    +50% to Cold Resistance

• Asenath's Gentle Touch
    Curse Enemies with Temporal Chains on Hit

• Slitherpinch
    0.6% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Life

• Shackles of the Wretched
    You cannot be X for 3 seconds after being X (X = Chilled, Frozen, Ignited, or Shocked)

• Snakebite
    Evasion: 255;
    When at Maximum Frenzy Charges, Attacks Poison Enemies
    (not defensive, but worth a mention since it's a free poison gem)

With Dying Breath's low base damage, Life Leech won't be very useful.

Rainbowstride with Necromantic Aegis, Vicario's Charity, and Dying Breath gives 42% block and 10.5% spell block. If you are not using NA or Bone Offering, Rainbowstride won't give much spell block.

Southbound prevents your Guardian from scoring killing blows unless the target is frozen, which would help to mitigate the self-damage of Death's Oath. The aura and any other secondary damage will still be able to kill, though.

Ambu's Charge is one of the few ways for your Guardian to earn Endurance Charges, which are much more powerful on monsters than on players. Items that increase max endurance charges, like Death's Door, can only make use of that benefit with Ambu's Charge, The Bringer of Rain helmet, Warlord's Mark curse, or Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support. However, the low damage of Dying Breath means the support won't do any good. Likewise, if you're running an Enfeeble aura, it reduces the crit chance of surrounding monsters, so your Guardian is less likely to gain charges from Ambu's Charge. (There's also Daresso's Defiance, but a support Guardian will suffer hits much more often than they'll be able to kill.)

Hyrri's Ire and Atziri's Step both give high evasion and spell dodge (26% total), which synergizes very well with a supporting Enfeeble aura.

Lightning Coil's negative lightning resistance can be countered somewhat with NA+Victario's Charity.

Cloak of Flames (+50% fire resist) with NA+Victario's Charity (+8% all resist, +30% lightning resist) and you wearing Grip of the Council (+40% minion cold resist) can cap all elemental resists for the Guardian.

Belly of the Beast and Southbound give increased life almost equivalent to a 20/20 Minion Life Support (56% vs. 64%), so look at the tooltip of your Guardian with and without the support to figure out the total increase, and you'll have a good idea of how much life those two items will add.

----------
Verdict
----------
If high block: Zahndethus' Cassock with Rainbowstride for the block synergy to proc Consecrated Ground. Easiest way to cap elemental and chaos resists. Use Southbound, or rare Titan gloves that shore up any resist deficits (minimum 14/14/14/25).

If low block, but using Enfeeble: Hyrri's Ire with Atziri's Step for high evasion and dodge. A quarter of spells will be dodged. Use rare Titan gloves with high chaos resist and any other elemental resist you are lacking (minimum 34/34/34/75).

If low block and no Enfeeble: Cloak of Flames with Atziri's Step. CoF roughly equates to 15% physical mitigation. Use rare Titan gloves with chaos, cold, and lightning resistances (minimum 0/34/34/75).

If you cannot cap resists, use rare Titan boots without movement speed. Remember, 0-50% is half damage, but 50-75% halves it again, so those last points till cap are worth more than double their apparent protection. Elemental damage can hit extremely hard, so capping is a must. For example, Atziri's Empowered Storm Call hits for 10,813-32,438 Lightning Damage.
Last edited by Hercanic on Jul 7, 2016, 1:33:06 PM
Considering trying CI - http://poeurl.com/HWM

Was discussing with a friend and he believes CI is just in a better place than hybrid atm. Don't think you lose too much tbh. Biggest issue would be maybe capping resists with chayula but right now I'm on a tabula and don't have CoD ascendancy and I'm just about capped
Last edited by ShiftyScouser on Jul 7, 2016, 6:09:41 AM
Amazing post regarding Animate Guardians, thanks.

re: CI ; how are you going to sustain? I see you got Zealot's Oath, are you just relying on Stone Golem or something? I'm not a fan of going CI without leech or really good regen, but your total EHP will probably be higher. Just you won't have health pots as an emergency button.
IGN: EchelonTL, neophyte
Guild: Team Liquid
Yeah that was my argument too about the leech. Tho my friend is running vortex with dual blashpemy and 12k es without any leech and is doing pretty well. He's 14 in the PHC ladder.
Hi, I haven't played since Dec 2015 and follow your build with scion: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1297679

Now I have 86 levels so is this still something doable or better only with witch? Halp me guys your my only hope (*´-`*)
"
r2d2000 wrote:
Hi, I haven't played since Dec 2015 and follow your build with scion: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1297679

Now I have 86 levels so is this still something doable or better only with witch? Halp me guys your my only hope (*´-`*)

You lose way too much if you go scion. You can play scion sure but its just gonna be a lot worse than witch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info