2.4 Necromancer Spectre/SRS Angryaa

Pale Council is not hard. Build has no issue with pale council.
Just a few nitpicky things I've noticed, if I'm wrong about some of these observations please do tell me so, these are just my observations and thoughts, they are not gospel:

"
Angryafrican wrote:

There's no desecrate in there anywhere, I assume this is an error. Technically you can weapon swap it, but doing so kills your golem, which is annoying. Alternatively second unset ring may be used.

"
Angryafrican wrote:
Jewels stat priority is Minion Resists > Life > Minion Damage > Mana. Jewels without minion resists or % Life should not be used.

I don't understand why you suggest mana on jewels, it makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. You're using MOM, so sure, mana would be life, if this were your 2.2 build where you used essence worm rings. That's not the case here, you're reserving all your mana, surely ES on jewels is better than mana as such.

"
Angryafrican wrote:
At some point, make sure to do some respec quests and respec your starting nodes into mana and remove Elemental Overload.

This similarly confuses me, why spec into mana if reserving it all?

"
Angryafrican wrote:
For Flasks, I recommend a Bubbling mana pot when you are MoM, to quickly regen your mana when you take a big hit. A bleed removal Basalt Flask for the 20% physical damage reduction, a Quicksilver flask with increased speed and charge recovery and two instant or bubbling healing flasks. One of these flasks should have curse removal. When taking damage, remember to use both your mana and hp flasks at the same time to regenerate both your mana and life. Once you're using whirling blades, you don't need the Quicksilver.

You mention whirling blades here, but it's not mentioned anywhere else in the guide. You also suggest bubbling mana potions, despite reserving all your mana.

That's basically all my questions/critiques with the actual guide, but I played the build quite heavily, and changed it, I am currently using this tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAPuBAcEswZJBx4I9A0fDlwRUBZvGGoabBslHNwdviL0JKoo-jLRM4c1kjW5Nuk5CzpYOuE8KEGHRUdFfkWdRnFHhUlRSbFLrkyzTblN405tU1JVxlgHWpFca2jyakNqrGr6a9tsC20ZeC985X0Yf8aCx4MJg9uESIVgiECPGo9Gj_qQM5MnlS6a4JuKm6GcMpy-na6hL6IApcSmV6aspwinK6h9qsSsmLB3tAy3PriTvk--isBUwGbBxcNtytPMvNAf0_vXz9i92VvZXt-K42rpAuvu7Bjsiu-I7-vwH_DV8kX31_k3-ej-Cv6B_o8=

Your build has +178% life and +170% ES, that seems like a lot, but I found it wasn't enough for difficult content, especially not with the way MOM works.

I have +174% life, and +230% ES with the changes I made. I also dropped EB, MOM, and ZO. As a result, I was forced to drop haste. I also opted to drop flesh offering in lieu of bone offering. Bone offering is amazing, really, it compares quite similarly to aegis aurora with its heal on block affect.

Advancing Fortress + Rumi's, + Bone Offering = max block. Max block + blasphemy enfeeble + 7 zombies + substantial life pool = tankiest summoner I have ever played, by a large margin. I didn't find using EB/MOM/ZO as you suggested to be "bad" perse, but I found it did have issues with difficult content, where one-shot deaths could occur.

Currently my summoner is in standard, it did die, it was after its death that I respecced, but it can currently handle content that I'd be very uncomfortable with sans 10k+ life and maxblock (Can do Collosseum deathless, Twinned Abyss deathless, first 3 bosses in Core, etc.). I have 10,290 effective life. I have maxblock (with rumi and bone offering), I heal whenever I block, I have 88.99% physical damage mitigation vs. trash and 76.99% physical damage mitigation vs. bosses (so long as they are not curse immune).

10,290 effective life is not that hard to get as hybrid. It'd be incredibly hard to get with the build as it was initially. That'd require 7,203 life, as a witch, without a kaoms on. Not happening. That is because of the way MOM works - With 7,203 life you would be able to utilize 3,087 ES for a combined health pool of 10,290. Getting 3,087 ES is trivial. Getting much more than 3,087 ES is also trivial. Getting enough health to make scaling ES is not trivial. I currently have 4,935 life, and 5,355 ES. With that same amount of life using EB/ZO/MOM I'd be capped to a maximum of 7,050 effective life, over 3,000 shy of what I was able to have without those keystones.

Another thing that makes EB/MOM/ZO very bad in my eyes is: The Lab.

You claim: "This build crushes the labyrinth and can easily do sub 10 minute runs in Merciless."

I don't find hat to be the case. Why? ZO. You do not regen life naturally. With virtually any other setup if you run out of flask charges you just pause and wait for your life to regen, you can't do that with MOM/EB/ZO, I find the lab much, much, much easier to handle as life/ES hybrid as such.

It is worth noting that:

"
Nauzhror wrote:
I have 88.99% physical damage mitigation vs. trash and 76.99% physical damage mitigation vs. bosses (so long as they are not curse immune).

Is only true in standard. In Prophecy those values would drop to 85.4% and 73.4%. Still damn high. The reason is basalt vs. legacy taste of hate.
Last edited by Nauzhror on Jun 29, 2016, 11:23:16 PM
You said that the guardian shouldn't get MS boots so it doesn't run off. Does this mean that you don't want quality on the Animate Guardian gem? (quality gives movement speed only)

What's an average Animate Guardian setup besides the Leer Cast and staff? Don't know what to do since never used the gem before.

Lastly, what would do more damage: an SRS in a 5L, or SRS in 4L +2 minion helm?
IGN: EchelonTL, neophyte
Guild: Team Liquid
Last edited by echelontee on Jul 2, 2016, 10:17:12 PM
"
echelontee wrote:
You said that the guardian shouldn't get MS boots so it doesn't run off. Does this mean that you don't want quality on the Animate Guardian gem? (quality gives movement speed only)

What's an average Animate Guardian setup besides the Leer Cast and staff? Don't know what to do since never used the gem before.

Depends what the 5th link is. An ideal 5th link in my opinion (level 4 Empower) is better than +2 minion, as +3 to SRS > +2 to Minion Damage/SRS.
Last edited by Nauzhror on Jul 3, 2016, 11:14:12 PM
"
echelontee wrote:

Every gem level past Lvl20 increases monster level by 2 (or 4 at lower gem levels). Each monster level increases its stats by around 5%, compounded. So +2 Minion Level = 4 monster levels = ~21.55% more damage and life. A Lvl3 Empower gem adds +2 levels. If you're lucky corrupting it to Lvl4, you get +3 levels. If you put it in a +1 Gem Level staff, it goes up to Lvl5 for +4 levels. SRS would also be increased by +1 Gem Level, and if you have +2 Fire Gem Level, it will increase another +3 levels. If you get lucky corrupting your SRS gem, you can get a Lvl21 gem. Altogether that's +8 gem levels, or 16 monster levels. That's ~118% more damage and life.

If you use a staff, though, you can't use Victario's Charity, which from its Frenzy Charges give +45% increased attack/cast speed (which double-dips on getting more spirits out as well as increasing the spirit's DPS), 12% more damage, and 15% increased movement speed. Power Charges make every ~third attack crit for +30% more damage, but those aren't reliable enough on SRS to factor in.

A 5L means you're either dropping the shield, which is a huge damage boost, or using your chest, which means you are sacrificing damage on your Spectres. Spectres and SRS compliment each other very well: Spectres will focus-fire toward your mouse cursor, giving you better control, while spirits spread out and are good at clearing the surroundings and off-screening. Spectres are already deployed and immediately attack, whereas you must recreate your spirits every encounter. Only Spectres have an Ascendancy perk that gives them another 100% increased damage. In terms of clear speed, in my opinion, Spectres are the better of the two to put in your 5/6L. SRS are better against a very tough boss where you can precast 50 spirits for max single-target DPS.
Last edited by Hercanic on Jul 4, 2016, 2:59:36 AM
Hello, im lvl 70 and im in dried lake at the moment... i only have 3k life, with the sword+shield+tabula, my damage rocks op op op... But when that archer hits me, omg hits hard and when other things hit me from farther then my blasphemy, i CANT imagine being in maps right now....

What would i need to do? we dont have Immortal...
am i rushing to fast? or should i go easier and just walk all the time ....?

thanks for advices
"
Hercanic wrote:
"
echelontee wrote:

Spoiler
Every gem level past Lvl20 increases monster level by 2 (or 4 at lower gem levels). Each monster level increases its stats by around 5%, compounded. So +2 Minion Level = 4 monster levels = ~21.55% more damage and life. A Lvl3 Empower gem adds +2 levels. If you're lucky corrupting it to Lvl4, you get +3 levels. If you put it in a +1 Gem Level staff, it goes up to Lvl5 for +4 levels. SRS would also be increased by +1 Gem Level, and if you have +2 Fire Gem Level, it will increase another +3 levels. If you get lucky corrupting your SRS gem, you can get a Lvl21 gem. Altogether that's +8 gem levels, or 16 monster levels. That's ~118% more damage and life.

If you use a staff, though, you can't use Victario's Charity, which from its Frenzy Charges give +45% increased attack/cast speed (which double-dips on getting more spirits out as well as increasing the spirit's DPS), 12% more damage, and 15% increased movement speed. Power Charges make every ~third attack crit for +30% more damage, but those aren't reliable enough on SRS to factor in.

A 5L means you're either dropping the shield, which is a huge damage boost, or using your chest, which means you are sacrificing damage on your Spectres. Spectres and SRS compliment each other very well: Spectres will focus-fire toward your mouse cursor, giving you better control, while spirits spread out and are good at clearing the surroundings and off-screening. Spectres are already deployed and immediately attack, whereas you must recreate your spirits every encounter. Only Spectres have an Ascendancy perk that gives them another 100% increased damage. In terms of clear speed, in my opinion, Spectres are the better of the two to put in your 5/6L. SRS are better against a very tough boss where you can precast 50 spirits for max single-target DPS.

Thanks for the info, I'm asking because I'm actually adapting this build for Queen's Escape so I have the potential for 2 5L, spectre and SRS. Looks like I'll keep the SRS in the helm because I'm not interested in trying to get a lvl 4 empower.
"
echelontee wrote:
Thanks for the info, I'm asking because I'm actually adapting this build for Queen's Escape so I have the potential for 2 5L, spectre and SRS. Looks like I'll keep the SRS in the helm because I'm not interested in trying to get a lvl 4 empower.

I see. I wouldn't say +100% movement speed is at all worth the offense and defense you get out of Victario's Charity and a weapon like Aurumvorax or Advancing Fortress.

Still, if your heart is set on it, I would move Zombies/AG to your helm so they get more life, and use SRS in your 5L. You can use Melee Physical Damage Support for 49% more damage, but it will cost more mana. If you ever get to a 6L, you can add Melee Damage on Full Life Support for another 49% more damage. Against AOE bosses who would cancel the effect of full life, use Added Fire Support for 44% more damage as fire.

By itself, Lvl4 Empower adds 34.5% more damage. Empower is only worth it if you are stacking levels, because of the compounding effect, or if you care about the life increase (like for Zombies or against AOE strong enough to kill your spirits).
Last edited by Hercanic on Jul 4, 2016, 10:24:01 PM
It's a bit of a different build; it's more of a speed clearing MFer meant to run dried lake and T1-8 maps exclusively. Mostly I want to try something new and more on my own than following a guide, though using AA and your character info as a reference helps a lot :)

So you would say in a 5L (on the sword, because the colors worked out), Melee Physical Damage would give more damage than a lvl 3 Empower? Just made a bunch of currency so I can grab a lvl 3 empower if it's better than melee phys, but definitely not going to blow the money on a lvl 4.

Thanks for the advice, forgot about the zombies. Putting them in the helmet, spectre in chest, and SRS in sword.
Last edited by echelontee on Jul 5, 2016, 12:07:12 AM
Queen's Escape:
It's worth a try, and minion movement speed will help to a degree, but the bottleneck is your own movement speed and cast speed. SRS will often go offscreen and kill groups ahead of you, but only up to a certain range. You'll sometimes see your spirits just idling, but once you move forward they'll suddenly start dashing off again because you needed to be within a certain range of enemies to trigger them. If you're too slow, the spirits will expire while just hovering around regardless of how quick they are.

You'll need to keep recasting your spirits, which means you are standing still and not moving forward. That's where cast speed can hinder movement speed, and thus your super-fast minions aren't getting new targets. Queen's Escape could have been competitive if its duration bonus wasn't limited to skeletons and instead applied to all minions.

Offscreening is great defensively, but then there's what I call the "loot hunt" that takes up more time. Your loot filter will help you to know when something good has dropped with a sound, but you still have to find it if it dropped offscreen. With how spirits spread out in all directions, that can require a circular search pattern. So no matter how fast your minions are, your clear time will still be constrained by your own movement speed.

Lvl3 Empower:
+2 Levels is not worth a gem slot. You get 70-175 base damage out of it. For comparison, Lvl20 Added Chaos Support is 170–256.
Last edited by Hercanic on Jul 5, 2016, 4:02:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info