2.4 Necromancer Spectre/SRS Angryaa

"
Dual cursing with animate guardian + temp chains on hit gloves

how? Can you describe? :)
This build is fantastically fun, but also very overwhelming.

What do you guys recommend spending the 7th and 8th Ascendancy point on?

Angry AA recommends Mistress of Sacrifice -> Flesh Binder -> Soul Weaver, but doesn't give a recommendation for that last ascendancy as far as I can tell.
"
Grunker wrote:

Angry AA recommends Mistress of Sacrifice -> Flesh Binder -> Soul Weaver, but doesn't give a recommendation for that last ascendancy as far as I can tell.

commander of darkness gives you an easy 20% all res for you and your minions if you use just one aura to proc it. this can help you with resist issues or gear constraints

spirit eater is better from a raw damage and qol stand point as the cast speed and extra monster corpses make using your support offerings easier .. the damage is pretty good too.

so really defense/ gear? commander
offense/ qol? eater is probably a good way to look at it

specing between the two is not exactly earth shatteringly expensive .. admittedly running lab is lame but any build worth its salt should be able to do merci lab no problems consistently so .. maybe try them both?

I can say from personal experience the commander of darkness one is probably the better of the two.. but then again most summoner builds i know tend to roll with 2 - 3 auras so you have that extra damage on top of that resist to really fill out that ascendancy.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 21, 2016, 8:27:31 AM
"
Phobozz wrote:
"
Dual cursing with animate guardian + temp chains on hit gloves

how? Can you describe? :)

Animated guardian + http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Asenath%27s_Gentle_Touch + Enfeeble + http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Whispers_of_Doom as a single target curse solution.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Grunker wrote:

commander of darkness gives you an easy 20% all res for you and your minions if you use just one aura to proc it. this can help you with resist issues or gear constraints

spirit eater is better from a raw damage and qol stand point as the cast speed and extra monster corpses make using your support offerings easier .. the damage is pretty good too.

so really defense/ gear? commander
offense/ qol? eater is probably a good way to look at it

specing between the two is not exactly earth shatteringly expensive .. admittedly running lab is lame but any build worth its salt should be able to do merci lab no problems consistently so .. maybe try them both?

I can say from personal experience the commander of darkness one is probably the better of the two.. but then again most summoner builds i know tend to roll with 2 - 3 auras so you have that extra damage on top of that resist to really fill out that ascendancy.

I am planning to run Haste in a ring on top of my blas + enfb + temp chains, and I honestly I was just crossing my fingers for you guys to recommend Commander. So that's probably what I'll do.
Thanks for this build, I've been having a lot of fun with it, and have made it to end-game and mapping (level 78) for the first time. I'm running into a little bit of trouble, now, though - I feel like I'm pretty squishy, especially against (fortunately, fairly rare) enemies that can actually take down my zombies. I haven't been able to get through Merciless Lab yet - not being able to directly target the Izaro gimmicks (golems and such) makes it kind of hard.

I had a few questions. First:
This is my current Passive Tree. I've been following the guide pretty closely, although I picked up Grave Intentions for the extra minion life, chaos res, and +1 zombie. I'm kind of unsure where to go next. Right now, I'm running Clarity, Purity of Elements, and Enfeeble Aura. Picking up Eldritch Battery would let me drop Clarity for Haste, but losing my Energy Shield would make me even squishier. The radius on my enfeeble aura (level 17 blasphemy support) is so small that I'm confused about why it's even worth it - I basically have to enter melee range for it to proc, and I don't like putting myself into danger like that.

Stats-wise, with PoE, I have capped lightning and cold res, 69 fire res, and -48 chaos. 3102 life.

Second: I have pretty much gotten used to minion management w/ Convocation, but I am still kind of fuzzy on when/how to best use Flesh Offering. It never seems to last very long, even when I cast it on a bit pile of corpses, and I don't notice that big a difference in killing ability. I trust the guide more than my own noob abilities, so I feel like I must be missing something. Thanks much for the guide and for any advice!
Your life is waaaay too low. Following the guide you should get 185% life as well as a bunch of flat life. Every single piece of gear you have should have high life rolls except uniques that cant roll life.

In addition, I would never, ever start running maps without capped Elemental resists. Of course I'm playing Hardcore so YMMV.

With 3100 HP running maps, I can understand why you feel squishy ;)

Not sure why don't feel a difference with flesh offering. It's a huge speed boost for me and my spectres attack like one third faster when it's active.
Last edited by Grone on Sep 21, 2016, 6:04:22 PM
"
Grunker wrote:
Your life is waaaay too low. Following the guide you should get 185% life as well as a bunch of flat life. Every single piece of gear you have should have high life rolls except uniques that cant roll life.

In addition, I would never, ever start running maps without capped Elemental resists. Of course I'm playing Hardcore so YMMV.

With 3100 HP running maps, I can understand why you feel squishy ;)

Not sure why don't feel a difference with flesh offering. It's a huge speed boost for me and my spectres attack like one third faster when it's active.

Definitely not playing hardcore. I'm not really having much difficulty with maps yet - a couple of the bosses have given me trobule, more because they can wipe out my minions than anything else. It's Izaro that has been a bit of a wall.

I'm not sure how to improve my life - I can squeeze out a few more percent from the passive tree, but if I start replacing gear, that will drop my resists. Right now every piece of gear I have is giving resists except the Boots of Ullr and the Reverberation Wand, and I don't really want to give either of those up (I know the guide recommends aurumvorax, but I really like the free spell echo...).

I played around with Flesh Offering a bit more. I think the thing I was missing was feeding it with desecrate, although the duration still feels painfully short. It seems most usefull when I have time to prepare - strongboxes and essence. It needs corpses to work with, but generally, by the time there are corpses on the ground, everything is close enough to dying that it's not really needed.

Thanks much for the advice.
Last edited by Kalil on Sep 21, 2016, 7:46:35 PM
Gotta say thanks for kickstarting my own version of this that i have used this league,and the last one,since apart from the shield,it can be run basically self-found and is almost identical.

Instead of focusing on spectres,my main focus is the srs it self so ofc i skip soul weaver,and also pick extra frenzy charge in merciless for that extra juicy dps boost minions get from each one of the charges.

I have enough dps that i don't feel the need for a +2/3 staff and empower shenanigans.
I am more squishy since the build is much more offensively oriented,and can get quite expensive if you are pushing it,but overall it's just as cheap,less tankier,but has more dps overall,does not require guardian,nor do you feel the need for it,and only has one requirement - the shield.

Tree is also basically the same,with above mentioned difference in ascendancies and perhaps few passive adjustments.

Point is,angraa's necro helped me discover a very efficient and fast-clearing build that can scale off however much currency you can spare/willing to part with,apart from the shield which is a build-enabler,so yeah,thanks^^

If someone is curious,feel free to check Nucoat on my profile.
No rest for the wicked.
Last edited by Daiena on Sep 21, 2016, 8:05:33 PM
"
Daiena wrote:
Gotta say thanks for kickstarting my own version of this that i have used this league,and the last one,since apart from the shield,it can be run basically self-found and is almost identical.

Instead of focusing on spectres,my main focus is the srs it self so ofc i skip soul weaver,and also pick extra frenzy charge in merciless for that extra juicy dps boost minions get from each one of the charges.

I have enough dps that i don't feel the need for a +2/3 staff and empower shenanigans.
I am more squishy since the build is much more offensively oriented,and can get quite expensive if you are pushing it,but overall it's just as cheap,less tankier,but has more dps overall,does not require guardian,nor do you feel the need for it,and only has one requirement - the shield.

Tree is also basically the same,with above mentioned difference in ascendancies and perhaps few passive adjustments.

Point is,angraa's necro helped me discover a very efficient and fast-clearing build that can scale off however much currency you can spare/willing to part with,apart from the shield which is a build-enabler,so yeah,thanks^^

If someone is curious,feel free to check Nucoat on my profile.

I don't think minions can get more than 3 charges? Or am i totally wrong here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info