[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
meyogi wrote:
Nice! Congrats man! I just had my first try, it went miserably sadly.. Got 1 hit by his Teleport slams. Couldn't stand in zana's bubble as there were some of those vortex things below her, there was once even, when I died and came back, zana died by the mobs shaper spawns, and he went into that chaos mode and I had no zana's bubble to survive in. And my personal favorite death was when I thought I was inside the bubble (had to stand at the edge since had vortexes inside), turns out I wasn't inside the bubble and got 1 hit. haha!

Shall come back to try again once I've got my leech enchant on boots and level 3 enlighten!

The Shaper fight requires some practice. If you lose control over the arena, it can become unwinnable very quickly.

Flasks:

This is what I use. Chemist's Sulphur flasks of Heat provide 2x4x5 sec of chill immunity (40% inc dmg doesn't hurt either). Sapphire flasks provide 3x2x6 sec of extra cold resists plus side benefits. At least one should be Staunching because you can randomly get Rigwald as one of the 4 minis, and bleed/corrupt trash between the main Shaper fights, and you really don't want that to cost you any portals.

You have two free sockets from switching to the Purity setup: blue and green, or even 2 blues (depending on what you do with AA). Bring Vaal Discipline (or two; I use one) as your 'oh shit' button. You don't need it for the first Shaper fight, and it will charge from the trash after that.

The vortexes: they spawn as the floating balls on the outer edges of the arena and trigger by proximity. When you get within some distance of them (about 1/3 of the arena radius) they notice you and start chasing you. When they touch you they turn into the vortex on the ground. So the main thing there is to prevent them from turning into vortexes in the center, where Zana does her protective bubble thing. If a ball is chasing you, touch it and turn it into the vortex somewhere on the outer edges of the arena. If you are facetanking the Shaper somewhere not in the middle, you can ignore the balls/vortexes landing on you and just outleech them. But be aware that they chill you (use flasks).

Teleport Slam: DO try to run away. I think it hits much harder in the epicenter. A direct hit will 1-shot you (unless you are really well geared or pop Vaal Disc), but getting hit by its outer edge is very survivable with moderately decent gear (I have 8.5k ES in the league).

Portal: Protect Zana!!! The adds can't really hurt you, but they go after Zana, and if you let them get her down then she can't protect you against the next 'total chaos' phase. If you are not on top of the portal yet, the first thing you do is cast Icestorm on Zana, run to her and keep casting on her to kill the adds that rush her. Then slowly move your target towards the portal and move there yourself. You want to be standing on top of the Shaper by the time Zana closes the portal.

Facetanking vs Dodging: try to facetank as much as you can. Shaper has a very small melee radius, but when you are in it (i.e. standing right next to him) he will melee you instead of firing the ball barrages or using teleport slam. He will use the laser beam regardless of where you are, but that's the weakest of his attacks and you can outleech it easily with PoI, or adjust your position slightly to move out of it. HOWEVER: do not facetank without preparation! You must always have Orb placed near the Shaper and at least 1 Icestorm cast on him before leaping onto him to facetank. At the start of each fight you can go stand on his toes while he's busy talking. But after he breaks contact ('total chaos' phase, or he gets taunted by a golem and goes to teleport-slam on it) you must dodge his next attack, get near him again, pop the Orb, cast Icestorm and then leap and facetank him again. Repop the Orb often.

Pure dodging approach is less safe because he uses more dangerous attacks against range attackers (teleport slam, ball barrage) and because you lose precious time not DPSing him while dodging, as the arena gets trashed by the vortexes.

"
Rivx wrote:
Watched the Chimera video, how do you take no damage when he disappears? I was doing fine until that point, but then he just 3-shot me before I could make it to the first cloud, 9.1k ES. The map had added lightning and crit, should I only do it with no damage mods?

I take damage from the fog phase, but little enough to find him within 6 sec. Use Granite, Basalt and Quicksilver:

Don't do Chimera with Vulnerability, Hexproof or extra cold/lightning damage (fire is ok).

Crit mods are Ok but might cost you an occassional death. Chimera himself doesn't hurt too much with or without crits since you always have solid Icestorm coverage on him and he is always Enfeebled. But I got killed by leap slamming crit goats once.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 30, 2016, 2:37:16 PM
Yay first try. Thanks for the great build. I haven't switched my setup at all since I don't have a spare green socket.

"
Don't do Chimera with Vulnerability, Hexproof or extra cold/lightning damage (fire is ok).

Yeah I did it again with no damage mods, was way easier.
Last edited by Rivx on Sep 30, 2016, 3:29:22 PM
"
Rivx wrote:
Yay first try. Thanks for the great build.

Grats! :)
Which version is better?
your Witch version or this templar one? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1697785

cant quite figure it out tbh.
Last edited by Kaktuskiller on Sep 30, 2016, 4:57:05 PM
"
Kaktuskiller wrote:
Which version is better?
your Witch version or this templar one? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1697785

That's the LL Guardian WI build, not one of my versions (mine will be Inquisitor when I post it).

What's better? Hmm... compare vs the same target?

He has a T16 video: Phoenix
And here's mine: Phoenix

The difference should be pretty easy to see.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 30, 2016, 7:07:00 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Kaktuskiller wrote:
Which version is better?

That's the LL Guardian WI build, not one of my versions (mine will be Inquisitor when I post it).

What's better? Hmm... compare vs the same target?

He has a T16 video: Phoenix
And here's mine: Phoenix

The difference should be pretty easy to see.

i know thats not your version, just wanted to read your opinion between the two :).
As other people asked as well. How did you guys get your body armours? Lucky drop, poe.trade or self craft?

If self craft, just spam spite until you get lucky on es or what's the cheapest move you reckon? :)
"
Rivx wrote:
What level are you? You can get the diamond skin cluster by 85 which provides some nice resists, and there are some more options afterwards such as getting the last point in the cluster, or going for Faith and Steel/Nullification for a bit of ES and resists if you really need them.

I suppose you could also use a resist belt instead of Auxium until you can get more on your other slots, but you have to be quick on that Heat flask or you'll be in trouble against any cold damage mobs (including Izaro with elemental buffs).

I'm 85 I have the diamond skin cluster. I haven't done the uber lab for 6% all resist ascend yet.
I guess I just need to get better boots/chest and a crystal belt. My ES is up to 6388 now though. Still same resists.
Last edited by soujiro707 on Sep 30, 2016, 9:00:39 PM
"
Thefatpunk wrote:
As other people asked as well. How did you guys get your body armours? Lucky drop, poe.trade or self craft?

If self craft, just spam spite until you get lucky on es or what's the cheapest move you reckon? :)

poe.trade

Lucky drops don't happen often enough. Crafting one yourself will likely cost much more than buying one. Unless you are rich enough to go for the very best stuff and can afford to yolo exalt a few. That still requires luck, but that's how I made the one I use on Standard.
First try Atziri too, with one portal left I was pretty sure I ripped the set, so I was shaking pretty hard. At least the loot didn't disappoint.

"
Thefatpunk wrote:

I used up all my alts trying to roll something good so I just went and bought a 3x T1 regalia for 3 exalts (hybrid, flat ES and int) and yolo exalted it twice. I don't think it would pay off on average, but I got insanely lucky and got T3 ES% and T1 cold res.

Spamming Woes is probably the cheapest way to get something good this league, though Shrieking is definitely going to have a better payoff than Deafening.
Last edited by Rivx on Sep 30, 2016, 11:00:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info