[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

In the build tree why would you pick Catalyse (under str convert jewel/resists) ? Just for the 10 int? or does the jewel convert the strenght also? Also the increased elemental damage on weapons should not affect casters if I understand elemental dmg mechanics right?
Love this guide and the character. :) Thank you for this, you've made POE fun for me again.

In my gloves I have CWDT, IC, Summon fire, Summon lightning. Only my lightning gets automatically summoned when I'm hit, I have to manually summon my fire. Any idea why?
"

Love this guide and the character. :) Thank you for this, you've made POE fun for me again.

In my gloves I have CWDT, IC, Summon fire, Summon lightning. Only my lightning gets automatically summoned when I'm hit, I have to manually summon my fire. Any idea why?

probably the gems level's dont match
Yeah, happened to me all the time while levling.
Fire golem lv requirement going higher than CWDT at some levels.

"
vpetrovgb wrote:
In the build tree why would you pick Catalyse (under str convert jewel/resists) ? Just for the 10 int? or does the jewel convert the strenght also? Also the increased elemental damage on weapons should not affect casters if I understand elemental dmg mechanics right?

The STR gets converted, so it's 20 INT for one passive point. And yeah, as far as I know weapon elemental damage doesn't apply to spells. So it's probably simply for the 20 int, since it's better than a normal 10 int node.
Last edited by schattenwulf on Sep 21, 2016, 10:14:07 AM
"
schattenwulf wrote:
Yeah, happened to me all the time while levling.
Fire golem lv requirement going higher than CWDT at some levels.

"
vpetrovgb wrote:

The STR gets converted, so it's 20 INT for one passive point. And yeah, as far as I know weapon elemental damage doesn't apply to spells. So it's probably simply for the 20 int, since it's better than a normal 10 int node.

Actually they seem to be synced pretty well. I kept all my CWDT's at the base level (54 for vendor gems) for a really long time, then I started leveling them again at the same time and noticed that CWDT always levels up before other gems, so its always active. You never ever want to have one golem on CWDT and one self-cast though, I used to do that when I didn't have enough links and it was horrible - CWDT kept summoning two lightning golems and killing my fire one. Wish they'd change the mechanic so it wouldn't summon a second golem if you already have a different color golem active.

----

I'm still kinda having trouble with some endgame content on this. I have 7.2k ES at the moment, still looking to get a better chest (mine's 620ES) but that's going to be very pricey. I can do facetank uber lab with charges elemental buffs (at least against most weapon setups), but if he has both then I stand no chance. It happened twice in the last few days so its kinda sad, as I've been relyng on lab runs a lot. I assume a lot of builds are going to have trouble with it as well though, since he can hit over 10K.

I also got my first guardian map yesterday (Hydra) and got absolutely destroyed, had to ask for help at the end. Most attacks don't one-shot, but I have to move too much and can't drop enough Icestorms to instantly leech to full, especially considering the boss teleports a lot. I got him to 75% before I figured I better find someone else (he had extra cold and 40% more life, maybe I'll try to run my next map white if I find one).

----

Also the guide recommends vendoring gems to get quality on them, I don't feel that is necessary anymore as GCPs have gotten a lot cheaper (you get tons of quality gems from uber lab, I've been getting like 60+ GCPs in one night of farming). I had enough to 20q all my gems and spare enlighten+empower without buying any.
Last edited by Rivx on Sep 21, 2016, 12:16:53 PM
Actually i'm not really a newbie but i have some question i wanna ask.
I'm playing firestorm and i do believe my build is pretty much like yours. So i'm having mana problem. My firestorm cost more than 130 mana and of course i have to run warlord aura to fix this problem. But when i do this it costs half of my mana pool and i can't run anything else like artic armour etc( when i run artic armour it nearly reserve all of my mana pool ). Atm i'm using essence worn to be able to run anger together with warlord. So can u tell me how r u able to run a lot auras and blasphemy but still not reserve too much mana like that ? I only need 2 curse on an enemy so use the ring will be enough ?
Tks in advance
In this build you are using only discipline(35%)+blasphemy(35%) and, if having an enlighten lv2+, also artic armour. I can tell you that with a lv2 enlighten (1+1 from helmet) i have very little mana more than icestorm's cost.
Your anger is 50% reservation, 15% than discipline's

I dont know your build but i think you are also not stacking that much int, so your mana pool should be way smaller than ours
Last edited by TizioCaio on Sep 21, 2016, 12:00:20 PM
"
huyakf1997 wrote:
Actually i'm not really a newbie but i have some question i wanna ask.
I'm playing firestorm and i do believe my build is pretty much like yours. So i'm having mana problem. My firestorm cost more than 130 mana and of course i have to run warlord aura to fix this problem. But when i do this it costs half of my mana pool and i can't run anything else like artic armour etc( when i run artic armour it nearly reserve all of my mana pool ). Atm i'm using essence worn to be able to run anger together with warlord. So can u tell me how r u able to run a lot auras and blasphemy but still not reserve too much mana like that ? I only need 2 curse on an enemy so use the ring will be enough ?
Tks in advance

This build has LOTS of int, so you have like 2K total mana, and with blasph+discipline+AA you still have over 200 left. It is only enough for one-two casts of icestorm so you rely on warlords mark to leech mana - its fast enough to let you spam the skill as long as you're close enough. For hexproof maps you turn off blasphemy to have a larger mana pool so you can use a mana pot, lab boots enchant also helps out a lot in this situation.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
ikorsa wrote:
Hi Kelvynn! I would ask you a question, dunno if you can answer though :D
Im playing on HC and have a small problem. It is my first time then im playing PoE and im not so rich as experienced players, so i could not buy anything what i want from poetrade. So there is a problem - i cant find any solutions for buying Black Sun helmet and still be with decent amount of resists (for ele weakness especially), so i decided to try something else, buy ~300-400ES & 40++ Int rare helmet instead of respecing 4-5 items from my gear (cause also i want +1 curse from the ring and i will fall out of resist cap because of that).
If you still reading this - my question(:D):
In all your videos i didnt saw any dmg on you which you could not outleach, and seems like you can die only to oneshot/mistake, so, how much dps on iceshtorm tooltip do you need to outleech any dmg you taken ? I have around 4++ k right now without buffs and with only fire golem. Im able to run almost any maps (i did 15% ele reflect twice, it was hard on concentration, but i was ok) T8 and below, didnt tryed T9+, but sometimes im scared on some bosses cause i see their dmg is more higher than my lifeleach (obviously cause i have not enough dps on icestorm right now).
Also maybe you have some ideas about my situation? like some cheap variants for dps/diffence.. Im playing PoE since start of this league, so i dont know many things and items =)

I'm not qualified to give detailed advice on HC since I don't play in HC. However, I've done many high tier maps with Enfeeble and MF gems sitting at 3k Icestorm tooltip - it's enough to facetank all trash and most bosses. The tooltip shows only a part of our DPS. Things like fire penetration and EO (don't neglect Orb of Storms!) increase the actual DPS significantly. A rare helmet gives you more ES and resists at the price of losing some DPS. For HC that may be a good deal, I can't say for sure. But for mid-tier maps you are most definitely fine with 4k Icestorm.

"
How much cost this build?

The budget is scalable. There is no fixed cost. You can start with cheap items and be fine in yellow maps. Or you can buy more expensive stuff and be fine in red maps. Or even more expensive stuff and kill the Shaper.

For a starter edition, the most expensive item is Astramentis (50c - 1ex currently).

So, with 10-12 ex is shaper viable?
"
TizioCaio wrote:
Really nice build! Wanted to try it since last season and now im having a lot of fun with it
I have only 6.7k es but its getting expensive really fast to increase it :D

Just died to Chimera tho, that fog phase kills me too fast... Any tips for it?
(I was using only basalt flasks but i suppose i needed granite for it, maybe?)

You need to find Chimera in the fog quickly while taking massive physical hits every 1 sec. So you need:
1. Granite for some armor
2. Basalt for phys dmg reduction
3. Run speed

This is what I use for Chimera:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info