[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Temptation123 wrote:
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
Temptation123 wrote:
Which Bandit would you help now? Still Krait?

Also thoughts on build with ES nerf?

probably 2 passive points. 15 all res imho isnt worth 2 points.

the ES nerf is a huge blow to this build, it will have to be life based with vaal pact in 3.0. will probably lose quite a hefty amount of its power due to this. but we'll have to wait and see for the final changes.

So you go hybrid but youd have to keep ghost reaver or your es would be useless at melee range.... Which means with no life regen this build would def be potion dependent to a greater extent than it is now.

no, you go life-based. hybrid builds suck, and even the new belt that makes life leech switch to ES once your life is full wont help with that since ES leech will still be capped at 20% per second, and thus be almost useless.
"
Rakkashi wrote:
I'm unable to upgrade my gear. I have a few questions ;

1) Changed my Helm from Doedre's Scorn to Black Sun Crest >> gained Int but lost 710 ES is that correct?

2) Which unique items can be used for armour , gloves , belt and boots?

3) What am I doing wrong?

U need rare armour, gloves, belt and boots so u could max your resists, get more int and ES. Study the guide on the 1st, u have a gear section there, also look at the leveling section.
Is there a guide to crafting the chain belt you mention? I can't figure out how to do it, so I am currently just using Axiom. Other than that, this guide and build are great!
"
NastyExile wrote:
Is there a guide to crafting the chain belt you mention? I can't figure out how to do it, so I am currently just using Axiom. Other than that, this guide and build are great!

buy a screaming or wailing essence of spite and apply it to a chain belt. if you hit somewhat useable stats, you're good to go. once you can afford a crystal belt, repeat the same process with a shrieking or even defeaning essence of spite.

in the meantime, you could also use a perandus blazon belt. gives some res, some flask effect duration and 30 int. but a perandus belt has no ES, so its really just a poor man's solution.
Never played the game before been looking for a dummies guide to leveling and gearing and i must say
your guide is very well presented and quite easy to follow

just hit 39, managed to get all the gear i needed before 39 which is a bonus as ive started with nothing at all! :)

Going to carry on following the guide you've made my poe experience great fun and thanks again for the guide

AbRa <3
Just tried my first shaper, didn't go so well but I think a bit of that is that I was hesitant and wasnt close enough and rather than shaper melee me he balled me and 1 shot me a couple times. I didn't make it past the first phase with 5 ports, lost 1 to malachi boss 1shot.

I was running dream fragments and suggested flasks but not purity of ice but had over 200 cold res. I wasn't entirely sure when I should use the flasks.

I wasn't able to leech through his beam either (had to leap away) so perhaps something's not quite right. I had 9k ES and was using empower to buff my discipline to get my ES that high

Might be that i need to buy higher ES gear so I dont need empower and run purity of ice, potentially more cast speed to help leech?

I didn't have leech enchant on current boots but since you're not killing didn't think it mattered so went for better ES/res boots.

Appreciate any tips.
Last edited by ninjaxus on Jun 23, 2017, 9:20:16 AM
Is Doedre's scorn still worth using till Black Crest? It no longer has ES on it, it's base ES is very low, and the curse gems are +1 and not +2 now.
"
Heartbound wrote:
Is Doedre's scorn still worth using till Black Crest? It no longer has ES on it, it's base ES is very low, and the curse gems are +1 and not +2 now.

If you're talking about 3.0, the ES on it doesn't really matter. The +lvl of the curses, though nice, isn't really needed since it only matters with lvl 20 gems, and I believe that at that point it would be better to have the black sun crest.
So the only reason to use it would be for the intelligence, the increased elemental damage and the damage per curse on enemy. Which where the main reasons before too, I believe.
so if the only reason to play Berserker was the silly amount of ES leech does that mean Witch, or even something else is better now that ES is nerfed?
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Jun 23, 2017, 6:09:10 PM
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
so if the only reason to play Berserker was the silly amount of ES leech does that mean Witch, or even something else is better now that ES is nerfed?

The complete opposite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info