[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
hankinsohl wrote:
You ought to be able to make uncapped fire resist highest with an appropriate resist jewel even when running POI. You could probably even get cold lowest as well - though that would likely take 2 jewels. You'd of course likely be sacrificing a DPS jewel to do this but it's a less expensive alternative to the gear swap method.

What jewel is that? We are talking about 40 resist.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
hankinsohl wrote:
You ought to be able to make uncapped fire resist highest with an appropriate resist jewel even when running POI. You could probably even get cold lowest as well - though that would likely take 2 jewels. You'd of course likely be sacrificing a DPS jewel to do this but it's a less expensive alternative to the gear swap method.

What jewel is that? We are talking about 40 resist.

Looks like 27 is max resist for fire on a jewel.
Hi guys.
Is there any good alternative to Scorching Ray for Maraduer? I'm realy cant get use to it.
I have been playing thise build on Essence and dont remember there was SR.
Sorry about English.
Last edited by ScottEvill on Mar 10, 2017, 10:19:09 PM
hi Hank

nice to see you in this forum to :-)

staying this weekend in hamburg and dont play. But such fast lvl i never had.

One problem appear.

i get to often frozen. I know i use a flask. But in breaches sometime i have no chance to
get enought flask charges. Or i stay and then jump a breachlord on me and i leach not enought
also after freeze flask and i am dead.
Any other suggest thes flask ?
(i know i can use dream fragment, but its only benefit is the no frozen thing)
Here's my current gear in Legacy SC:

Some notable things:

The new base for gloves (Fingerless) beats other glove types in terms of DPS considering that the glove enchants are situational. That being said, other rare gloves with a Temporal Chains on hit corruption might edge out since they would enable to get a better body armor cheap.

Two-Toned Boots are THE thing to get (provided you find some with 150 ES rolled) since they make getting socket colors an easy task. As with the gloves, you loose the implicit if you enchant them, but boot enchants are also mostly not worth it in my opinion. Also, the bonus armor you get from them is a big deal, since we usually have no armor at all, so 200-300 from the boots (and black sun crest) are doing good work for phys reduction. That being said, pure ES boots are probably better, provided you find some with movement speed, high int, good resists and 250ish ES, but that is really expensive to start with.

When it comes to jewels, I think the Int + Fire/Cold/Area/Spell damage rares might edge out over Izaros Turmoil (and be cheaper to get at the start of a league, so no need to rush for turmoils early on. Note that I'm using one jewel with resistances as well, which is not really recommended, but I ended up with 4% lightning resistance short of Cap after getting the rest of the gear, so it was either rush for a jewel slot and get the resistance there, or use 2 skill points and get resistance from a notable, in which case the witch area jewel slot provided more for 2 skill points (10 int node + jewel slot).

Regarding the Crystal Belt (or any other belt for that matter), after you get the mandatory ES, Int and resistances, try to get +armor on the belt, since that chump of armor will go a long way for us (for example, my phys damage reduction with the helmet only is 2%, with boots and helmet is 4%, and with the belt added on top of those it jumped to 7%).

Another thing that might be a possible upgrade option would be a corrupted staff with either 0.2% Fire leeched as Life or (probably the better result) Gems in this item are supported by a level 1 Inc AoE (which would turn our staff into an effective 8 link item, provided that corruption works with Icestorm, which I'm not sure of, would be good if someone can confirm it).
Good Sunny Weather here in Hamburg ;)

Anyway: May i ask, why i should use avatar of fire? I mean: The Spell "cold to fire" will give us some fire damage, but if i start using avatar of fire it says "Deal no NON Fire Damage" ... so no more cold damage?!
"
Mydgard6 wrote:

Anyway: May i ask, why i should use avatar of fire? I mean: The Spell "cold to fire" will give us some fire damage, but if i start using avatar of fire it says "Deal no NON Fire Damage" ... so no more cold damage?!

Cold to fire converts 50% of the damage and avatar of dire converts the other 50% so u don't lose anything.

I don't really like the curse on hit and the golems on CwDT. I prefer to self cast golems and use orb of storm with curse on hit. Do i lose anything by doing it this way? And what about adding WM to the curse on hit set-up and freeing mana for another aura?
Last edited by spillo90 on Mar 11, 2017, 9:49:08 AM
"
Mydgard6 wrote:

Year verry good and sunny weather. but lots of people at the philamonie and habour :-)
And i live at the harbor. So i look the swarm of people running to elbphilamonie.
"
spillo90 wrote:
"
Mydgard6 wrote:

Cold to fire converts 50% of the damage and avatar of dire converts the other 50% so u don't lose anything.

Okay, but this means we/i would do only fire damage?! So why things like "frost walker"? Sounds weird ...

"
"
Mydgard6 wrote:

Year verry good and sunny weather. but lots of people at the philamonie and habour :-)
And i live at the harbor. So i look the swarm of people running to elbphilamonie.

Hafencity? Entweder hast Du dann zu viel Geld oder hast eine der wenigen Genossenschaftswohnungen dort abgegriffen ;)

Da kann ich nicht mithalten, wohne Ohlsdorf ;)

Offtopic i know ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info