[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
old_nihilist wrote:
"
bridgeburner wrote:

Your belt has no INT on it at all, and your boots only have 29. That's a big reason. I would try to find a belt with 30+ int and the resists you need to stay capped and ignore the es on it for now. INT is far more important than ES because it gives us ES and damage (which helps us leech more).

I honestly wouldn't do too high of tier maps right now. At your level you can still easily get xp from Tier 6-8 and good layout maps. Most of your offense gems and your discipline are only level 18 so you shouldn't be pushing red maps til they're all at least 19.

Your shield will be able to get above 6k in a few more levels. You're still missing 4 int nodes from the tree and 2 more jewel slots, not to mention int on your belt plus getting a crystal belt.

I've checked Poe.trade there is a crystal belt with 1 resist and 50 int and boots with 50 int and 1 low tier resist but without es at all and 60 base es instead of my 170. It is all I can afford for my 100 c o, is it worth it ?
and what else 2 jewel slots ? I got all 5

I would wait and just keep an eye on poe.trade or try to craft one yourself with an essence (there's an essence that grants INT). Short of that, just don't try to push higher-tier maps until you can get better gear.

Check the OP's full skill tree link. There are 3 more jewel slots he recommends. You can look at my tree too. I'm still missing one of the jewel slots but I have 2 of the ones you're missing.
"
old_nihilist wrote:
"
vinco2050 wrote:
your ES is really low
how are you getting your resists so high?

But how to get more es at my lvl without spending 10 ex ? All my resists come from boot, gloves, belt and passive skills

so theyre capped at 75 and not 81 then.

you have to spend money to get more ES. it won't be expensive at all to get better gear than what you have.
Im about to 4L my WI into BBBB + R, R and I wonder what will happen if I dont get this combination at my first couple of tries, i.e. if I wait a couple of days with say BBRR + BB due to unlucky RNG with chroming, would that mean that my character is very much gimped until I get this fixed?

no, not at all. you don't *need* any links.
"
Garash wrote:
Im about to 4L my WI into BBBB + R, R and I wonder what will happen if I dont get this combination at my first couple of tries, i.e. if I wait a couple of days with say BBRR + BB due to unlucky RNG with chroming, would that mean that my character is very much gimped until I get this fixed?

The only links you need are 2 blue links if you intend to do scorching ray + cast while channeling. Otherwise, none of the other gems need to be linked. Because the staff gives you the whispering ice skill, any gem socketed into the staff is automatically linked to it.
"
bridgeburner wrote:

I would wait and just keep an eye on poe.trade or try to craft one yourself with an essence (there's an essence that grants INT). Short of that, just don't try to push higher-tier maps until you can get better gear.

Check the OP's full skill tree link. There are 3 more jewel slots he recommends. You can look at my tree too. I'm still missing one of the jewel slots but I have 2 of the ones you're missing.

Oh I meant I got all 5 till 85 lv, to get the rest 2 a have to up 91 lvl ). Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy it ? Essences aren't cheap
"
bridgeburner wrote:
"
Garash wrote:

The only links you need are 2 blue links if you intend to do scorching ray + cast while channeling. Otherwise, none of the other gems need to be linked. Because the staff gives you the whispering ice skill, any gem socketed into the staff is automatically linked to it.

Im so confused about this :)
But people say 4linking Cwc + Sr is better? or?

for instance I have this appearence as of now:

Spoiler

Does it make any difference if I link it to 4L BBBB? From my understanding you then 4L the scorching ray, and keep the 2 additional (compared to 2L SR + CwC) to Icestorm as well, but perhaps I wrong?
"
Garash wrote:
"
bridgeburner wrote:
"
Garash wrote:

Spoiler

Does it make any difference if I link it to 4L BBBB? From my understanding you then 4L the scorching ray, and keep the 2 additional (compared to 2L SR + CwC) to Icestorm as well, but perhaps I wrong?

You would be getting 2 extra support gems to SR, which means a little bit of extra damage. Your main damage comes from Icestorm. And it gives you extra mana cost for SR.
"
Garash wrote:
"
bridgeburner wrote:
"
Garash wrote:

Spoiler

That's fine. Linking Scorching Ray to some of the gems can give it more damage but the damage from scorching ray isn't really important. Your main damage is coming from whispering ice. I don't even bother to aim SR, I just put my cursor where I want the WI to fall. Also, remove spell echo and replace it with one of the other damage gems suggested by the build. You don't need cast speed with this setup at all. Here's my staff for reference.

unfortunately, this build is more expensive to play this league, because of the current howa meta, which also stack int on es gear, drove up the price quite a bit, :D. but still quite cheap to start, and like op said, viable for everything with decent gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info