Orion - the hunter - a god with the bow - cheap, insane DPS, fun as hell - Get ready for 2.5 version

What are you talking about? Devoto's is amazing, just not as good for this build as it is for characters on the left side of the tree. Still, 16% reduced phys is nothing, you won't even feel it lol. On the other hand, you get insane movespeed, attack speed and chaos res. Imo its on par with rat's nest if you can make up the missing crit.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Actually, really wants to hear the thoughts of rel4us about Devoto's Devotion ) mb he had tested it already.
Like Etherfire said, Rat's nest is better than Devoto's devotion only if you need the extra crit it provides to reach the cap.

Otherwise, Devoto is on par if not better. 20% movement speed, up to 25% chaos res, slightly better attack speed and 50-65 dex which mean extra accuracy (and evasion).

And physical damage modifiers do not double dip with the poison output, so the 10% "reduced" (not "less") from Devoto's is hardly noticeable.
Last edited by djnat on Jul 12, 2016, 6:24:27 AM
"
Etherfire wrote:
What are you talking about? Devoto's is amazing, just not as good for this build as it is for characters on the left side of the tree. Still, 16% reduced phys is nothing, you won't even feel it lol. On the other hand, you get insane movespeed, attack speed and chaos res. Imo its on par with rat's nest if you can make up the missing crit.

Just because you mentioned rats nest, your opinion is invalid...

hint: rat's nest is garbage for this build as well - you will be critcapped 98% without any crit chance on gear.

I never said devotos is useless helm for other builds, for this build, it is garbage, just like rats nest :)

PS. How does it not double dip? poison is based of physical, you do reduced physical, you do less poison.

edit: don't take this as a rant, maybe it comes across more offensive as intended - just don't like if people spread misinformation that some other people will blindly follow as a result.
Last edited by falagar112 on Jul 12, 2016, 6:55:08 AM
The meaning of "double dipping" is different from the one you are talking about.

Projectile damage "double dips" on poison, for example.

Let's say you do 1000 base damage.

With 10% increased physical damage you do 1100 final damage, and the poison calculation is scaled on that final damage. Once the poison is applied, the poison output is not modified by the physical increase. So you do 1100 physical damage + 110 chaos damage per second (for 2 seconds).

With 10% increased projectile damage you do 1100 final damage, and the poison is scaled on that final damage. Once the poison is applied, the poison output is modified by the projectile increase. In this sense, proj dmg "double dips". So you do 1100 physical damage + 121 chaos damage per second (for 2 seconds).
"
djnat wrote:
The meaning of "double dipping" is different from the one you are talking about.

Projectile damage "double dips" on poison, for example.

Let's say you do 1000 base damage.

With 10% increased physical damage you do 1100 final damage, and the poison calculation is scaled on that final damage. Once the poison is applied, the poison output is not modified by the physical increase. So you do 1100 physical damage + 110 chaos damage per second (for 2 seconds).

With 10% increased projectile damage you do 1100 final damage, and the poison is scaled on that final damage. Once the poison is applied, the poison output is modified by the projectile increase. In this sense, proj dmg "double dips". So you do 1100 physical damage + 121 chaos damage per second (for 2 seconds).

I should have clarified, you are correct - it decreases poison damage the same amount, not twice the amount.

Either way, I really wouldn't advocate a helmet without life, life is precious, get a rare one with life instead :)
"
falagar112 wrote:
Either way, I really wouldn't advocate a helmet without life, life is precious, get a rare one with life instead :)

That's for sure.

I just said that if you don't need the crit, Devoto is generally better that Rat's nest, not that it's the best choice for this build.
See, when you have a lot of dps, and then some, you stop caring about stuff like a little bit of reduced damage, and start looking for more important stats that boost clear speed and survivability like movespeed. The 20% movespeed from devoto is insane, and I have no idea why you're calling it garbage. Rat's nest isn't bad for thus kind of build either, what if I want to save points from crit elsewhere? Or if i want that movespeed and a bit of mf as well?

Nothing is set in stone. This is a build guide, not a copy-paste template, and gear choices are meant to be flexible. Just calling it misinformation or saying my opinion is invalid just because I mentioned rat's nest makes no sense at all. Just because you personally prefer to use a rare helm with life and I prefer unique stats(hint: not available on rare helm) doesn't make what I posted invalid or misinformation.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Just fully clear hall of grandmasters with devoto's, 20% movespeed and 21% chaos res (-16% total) were very useful. I have 4131 life.
Bro, why don't take a chaos damage and damage over time nodes instead of the physical damage ones?
Or in my oppinion the better ones is the curse buffs, scales most then any physical/chaos damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info