Kiara's Determination - a new unique flask coming in 2.3.0!

"

I like the flask, it's neat and cute, but it's kind of upsetting that you'd recommend such a bad strategy? If you pop it before you start the fight, it's too early. You've gotta pop it *right* before they use a move you think will stun you (alternatively, right after getting frozen or something). 3.5 seconds is barely more than vaal discipline with no skill duration nodes, and flask duration nodes are very very rare.

The only reason I said "before" was because it cannot remove stuns, so you'll have to pop it pre-emptively if you hope to avoid getting stunned at all. (It will still prevent stun chains though)

I think 3.5 seconds is plenty of time for most builds to handle a tricky pack, or at least thin it out enough for it to be less threatening. For example, if the next room over had a perandus box (rip), a bloodlines pack, and a rare with a haste aura, you'd probably want to pop this as you enter the door (assuming your build can't just clear it from the next room over).
Designer of Kiara's Determination and The Lover Divination card.
~.~`` maybe I've just been playing too many tanky builds recently, because the only foes I consider "dangerous" are beyond demons and high-tier map bosses, the likes of which it's pretty hard to melt in under 3.5 seconds.
"
~.~`` maybe I've just been playing too many tanky builds recently, because the only foes I consider "dangerous" are beyond demons and high-tier map bosses, the likes of which it's pretty hard to melt in under 3.5 seconds.

Yeah, I was inspired to make this flask while I was playing my CI Freeze pulser :p

It's definitely stronger for glass cannon type builds, since they will likely be able to neutralize any threat before the flask runs out. It's a low-investment, less reliable way to deal with things that are annoying.
Designer of Kiara's Determination and The Lover Divination card.
Very interesting flask...especially as I've been debating changing my life based Pathfinder CI in 2.3.0...and this little beauty could make all the difference.

In the hands of a Pathfinder with crazy flask mods...this could work miracles. :)
Nice! Grats on this unique!

I think it's well-done and -balanced!
IGN: mxsy
Check out my (rarely live) stream here https://www.twitch.tv/mxsy !

Rhoa Whisperer by choice.
"
CKilgannon wrote:
It's definitely stronger for glass cannon type builds, since they will likely be able to neutralize any threat before the flask runs out. It's a low-investment, less reliable way to deal with things that are annoying.

The most frustrating part about leveling glass cannon builds are the stunlocks and freezes and elemental reflect. This solves two of my problems. :3
opopopopop
"
azraelb wrote:
"
Way too strong in this clear speed meta, new taste of hate right there. Straight up better than a white flask.

Even with my pathfinder, the duration will be really low.
Not viable as stun protection with CI...

its not even near the power of taste of hate ( max cold resist, phys dmg protection and damage with twice as much duration)

Unless you clear at a snail's pace you won't have a problem keeping this up with flask nodes. With 20% quality on the flask and the duration from the tree or even pathfinder it'll be around 3.5-4.5 seconds long, and it only uses 40 out of the 60 charges, even less if you have the new pathfinder stuff.

This is like 3 pots in 1 with the only downside being 50% harder to keep up which by today's standards means that you'll probably be able to have it up 80% of the time. I'd use this even if I wasn't CI just because it gives so many important things, almost any character nowadays can get stunned.
Last edited by 111derivi on Jun 1, 2016, 9:22:55 AM
Does this flask remove freeze / curses that are already on you, or just prevents them from being reapplied while its duration lasts?

The flask version I see on poe.trade doesn't mention anything about removing effects.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jun 25, 2016, 5:27:55 AM
"
Shajirr wrote:
Does this flask remove freeze / curses that are already on you, or just prevents them from being reapplied while its duration lasts?

The flask version I see on poe.trade doesn't mention anything about removing effects.

"
CKilgannon wrote:

The only reason I said "before" was because it cannot remove stuns, so you'll have to pop it pre-emptively if you hope to avoid getting stunned at all. (It will still prevent stun chains though)

So no to stuns. Freeze and curse should cease to apply if you become immune to them.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Last edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG on Jun 25, 2016, 5:57:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info