Who else is not going to play PoE anymore because of the lab?

"
Zaludoz wrote:
[...]

Are you blaming GGG for technical issues on your side ?
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
Gone back to Marvel Heroes. Lab is not OK with me. Not because its hard but because I love to reroll and the thought of doing that shit again and again on every character just made me quit the game.

X-23 rules!
"
Jayserix wrote:
"
Zaludoz wrote:
[...]

I'm blaming GGG for designing a game feature that is easily impacted by technical issues that anyone can have, and making the penalty for such problems be so entirely harsh.

Edit: And most of my disconnections occurred when moving from one "room" of the maze to another... "unexpected error occurred"... which isn't the same as connection dropping, which happened a lot at work due to temporary wifi internet access dropping sessions occassionally.
-- added a clarification paragraph to my initial post.
Last edited by Zaludoz on Jun 1, 2016, 9:27:16 AM
"
Skellimancer wrote:
X-23 rules!

Hell yeah she does. If you're not already reading it, check out her current All-New Wolverine comic. It's top notch.
"
Zaludoz wrote:
"
Jayserix wrote:
"
Zaludoz wrote:
[...]

I'm blaming GGG for designing a game feature that is easily impacted by technical issues that anyone can have, and making the penalty for such problems be so entirely harsh.

Edit: And most of my disconnections occurred when moving from one "room" of the maze to another... "unexpected error occurred"... which isn't the same as connection dropping, which happened a lot at work due to temporary wifi internet access dropping sessions occassionally.
-- added a clarification paragraph to my initial post.

I totally understand this frustration. Check my thread about me complaining about display failure.
Even though this was my fault in the end I have to agree that for a game the punishment for having faulty technical issue is way too harsh.

I mean if GGG made the lab in a single map most of the unhappy people here might not have turned there backs on the Lab. Especially for people dealing with loading screen errors.

Right now

Enter Lab>>1st Lab area>> first encounter of izaro>>> 2nd lab >> 2nd encounter Izaro >>> 3rd map >>> 3rd encoundter Izaro..

People with technical issues

Enter Lab>>> Disconnected or error
Enter Lab>>> 1st lab area >>> Disconnected or error
Enter Lab>>> 1st Lab area >>> 1st Izaro encounter >>> Disconnected or error
Enter Lab>>> ....................................>>>3rd Lab>>>Disconnected or error
Enter Lab>>> ....................................>>>3rd Lab>>>3rd Izaro>>>Disconnected or error in front of treasure room..

I usually ran lab in around 20 min (not fast) When I had the display issue
I once tried to run lab 5 times and got error 5 times...

So this is what people with technical difficulties have to deal with everytime they try to do the Lab

If GGG would have considered a bit more for these POE loving players they would have designed the Lab in a different way

For example

Enter Lab>> Defeat Izaro >> drops a map piece
Enter the 2nd Lab with the map >> Defeat Izaro >> Drops a map piece
Enter the 3rd Lab with the map >> Defeat Izaro >> you go into the treasure room

Each map can have different back ground, story telling tombs, Poems, etc...
This won't resolve the issue with "die-once do it again plz" but will certainly be helpful for many players with technical difficulties....

Edit: And to players who have no idea how these bugs, errors, make you mad try this..
After you kill 2nd Izaro or 3rd Izaro turn you PC off and try it again.. and try that for .. lets say 2 hours...
than you might get a grip of why some people are mad about the Lab design..
Last edited by aim7811 on Jun 1, 2016, 10:24:33 AM
I stopped playing because of it and offscreen reflect. I might check back to see if they remove it after this stupid ass 'league'.
"
Siochan wrote:
I stopped playing because of it and offscreen reflect. I might check back to see if they remove it after this stupid ass 'league'.

And how are they gonna fix it?

A) No damage offscreen?
B) No reflect damage offscreen?

A) The whining of people raging about that gonna be massive
B) KILL EVERYTHING OFFSCREEN
"
mouz wrote:

B) KILL EVERYTHING OFFSCREEN

Isn't this what sparkers do all the time?
"
Skellimancer wrote:
Gone back to Marvel Heroes. Lab is not OK with me. Not because its hard but because I love to reroll and the thought of doing that shit again and again on every character just made me quit the game.

X-23 rules!

With absolute sincerity, I hope you have fun!
I will stop playing POE when they make labs mandatory, because as I have said a thousand times its a fantastic game. It will never be better than D3 ROS as far as I am concerned but POE is a damn fine game.

The only way I will ever stop playing POE and automatically stop spending money in POE is when labs become mandatory to reach anywhere.

After trying to complete the lab many times but never reached anywhere I have decided to abandon it and build my COC discharge scion without any lab skill points some have suggested to me its a grave mistake to make this decision.

However far as I see the lab skill tree isn't anything special, nothing you can't get from a little better gear for a few more exalts.

Yes its going to cost you in exalts to get a close enough build in order to substitute the lab skill tree. But for the time you would spend doing labs to get that tree you could simply spend it farming elsewhere for better drops. Yesterday I got a drill neck drop worth atleast 2 Exalt. But I suspect I will only get 1 max.

So as long as GGG does NOT make it mandatory they will continue to get my money. If Chris wilson wants to play arrogant like Jay Wilson and chase away players like me who do not participate in what he thinks is "cool" then he will end up just like Jay Wilson.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on Jun 1, 2016, 9:36:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info