[2.3] "Blender Rebirth" : Dual Wielding Axe / Sword Lacerate

Hello Adventurers of Wraeclast, and welcome to my 2.3 [WIP] Guide!
This is a Guide in order to exploit the idea of Dual Wielding Lacerate in different setup. This thread will give you only tested informations once 2.3.0 is release, but until then, everything here is theorycrafting.
I hope this Guide can be useful to you !

Introduction :

Guide Informations :
This guide will give you my point of view and ideas on the upcoming huge update and its new content : Prophecy (Link informations about what's new)
As the title say, this guide will be a Work In Progress until the release date (June 3rd), so nothing is sure until the release.

In this guide I'll give as much informations and details as I can in order to let you use my build as you please or to create a variation on your own.
I can't say that I'll do something extremely detailed but I'll try my best to succeed in giving something easy to understand and to replicate with your own character.

My Duelist experience :
Since I first played Path of Exile, about 3.5 years ago, and until recently, I played 2 Handed for Duelist only (almost) because I thought it was "better" for me. However, after taking some time out of the game, I came back with new expectation and idea. So there's why this Guide will be my first about Dual Wielding.

As I said, I have about no experiences on something else than 2 Handed Duelist. The only One Handed build I played a lot was during my first year on the game, and is the reason why I'm making this guide : "Blender" of x2P (Cleave with Bringer of Rain and Dual Sword Wielding). It's an old forgotten build but still one of which I had the most fun with.

As you can understand, I really love the Duelist Class in each of its aspects (even more with Ascendancy) but I'm going in a unknown land where I'll need a bit of your help.

So, let's begin with basics informations to give everyone what he need in order to understand the whole guide.

What in the world is Lacerate ?
Lacerate (Link) is a new Melee Attack Gem (Tags : Attack, AoE, Melee) which will be available with 2.3.0. When used, your character slash twice in front of you (something like Cleave animation) and release 2 "waves of force" which travel through monsters (Link for official skill demo). It can only be used with Swords & Axes (One Handed or Two Handed) and introduice a new mechanic into the game while used as Dual Wielding : alternates Main Hand then Off Hand (both needed to be Axe or Sword) inevitably (not 100% sure yet). The gem requires you to be at least level 12 to use it, thus you need another skill to run through the game until that point.
This skill is, at least for me, a "sort of" Cleave which can be used at range and with a basic 2 hit for 1 use.

What do I need to know about Lacerate ?
While Dual Wielding, each slash release a wave of force from each of your weapon (Main Hand then Off Hand) which, in a way, forces you to have 2 good weapons in order to get good damage output from of this Gem. One top of that little downside, a big drawback is the "30% less Attack Speed" from the gem which will, I think, slow the gameplay early one (before Multistrike...). So you'll need a ton of attack speed in your Skill Tree and Gear in order to get this skill as fast as any other one.
At this moment, we have little informations about this new Skill Gem but, after watching the video multiple times, it seems like the attack become bigger the further it travels, which can, in a way, compensate for the slow attack speed. But we don't know the exact interactions of this skills with support gems and items, so some things can be seen as speculations.

What is my idea behind this build ?
The "Blender" build with Cleave was one of my alltime favourite build and, for sure, the funniest to play, however Cleave became less and less effective through the game evolution and is, at this moment, (imo) a skill which need an update. But with the release of this new Lacerate skill, a new hope appeared in my soul, a new hope of the return of the Blender. Besides the fact that we have little informations about this new skill, there is a huge similarity in the animation and the way the skill work.
On top of that, since we just had a new league with the new Ascendancy content, I had the time to test multiple build which gave me many possible ideas to use this new skill at its full potential. And since we knew not many things about it, I was able to leave my imagination run wild and think about every possibilities starting from the Duelist.

How to increase Lacerate damage ?
This part is 100% theory since no real ingame test at the time I write this.
At first, when I saw the gem itself and the skill demo, the fact that Attack Speed would have a huge impact on this skill came first to my mind. The fact that there is a huge "less Attack Speed" on the base gem makes the skill really slow early game. On top of that, there is a "double hit" mechanic that happen when we hit with the middle of the slash. So for me, more slash = more damage, which is I think totally understandable.
After that, the usual things for a Melee Attack Gem : Physical Damage, Area Damage, Melee Damage... But I think these stats will have a lesser impact than the attack speed, but once again, it's just a pre-release thought, so things can be the total opposite of this.
So we can resume everything by "More Attack Speed = More Damage // More Physical Damage = More but less Damage".
That's why I tried my best to hit huge attack speed number through both my Skill Tree Setups, and even if the damage boost from the Attack Speed isn't that huge, I think it'll make the gameplay way smoother than normally.

Google Spreadsheet :
If the view of all this text and sections and stuff makes you feel desesperate, I tried (and will try from now) to make a Google Spreadsheet in order to resume the all the guide informations : Link (Only basic informations on it at this moment)

Gems Setup :
Spoiler
/!\ This section is the one with the uncertain informations since there is, at this moment, no test of the skill in real conditions. /!\

Weapons :
3L - Cast when Damage Taken | Increased Area of Effect | Enfeeble OR Temporal Chains
(Useful Melee Defensive Setup)

AND

3L - Herald of Ash | Vengeance | Life Gain on Hit
(Global Damage)

Both these Links have a pretty huge impact on the gameplay.
The Defensive one gives you a pretty huge boost against boss & ranged enemies since you're a melee character, both of those can be tough to deal with.
The Offensive one is just a bonus zone effect and some more regeneration while engaging big chunk of monsters.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Body Armour :
5L - Lacerate | Faster Attacks | Melee Physical Damage | Multistrike | Added Fire Damage
(Main damage source)

6L - Lacerate | Faster Attacks | Melee Physical Damage | Multistrike | Added Fire Damage | Increased Area of Effect
(More damage and huge AoE boost)

Both setup gives about the same amount of damage : fast attack speed to counter the "30% less Attack Speed" of the skill and as much physical damage as possible. But the 6L one is, if the mechaninc of Lacerate is the one I thought about in the introduction (bigger the further), that means that the Increased Area of Effect gem will give a HUGE boost of clear speed.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Helmet :
4L - Arctic Breath (level 4) | Greater Multiple Projectiles | Cast when Damage Taken (level 1) | Hatred
(More Defensive Setup & Damage)

This setup gives you Hatred, first of all, which give a really descent amount of overall damage. With that, we have a Cast when Damage Taken setup which gives you control over your surroundings and which, with the addition of the other CwDT setup, makes you really safe in any situation you can encounter.

Gloves :
4L - Enduring Cry | Increased Duration | Vaal Haste / Grace | Blood Rage
(Global Damage & Defense bonus)

Enduring Cry is here in order to give you Endurance Charges when you can't obtain them elseway. They aren't something to neglect since they represent one of the biggest defense you'll have. Blood Rage is just free Attack Speed / Frenzy Charges which result in overall free damage boost. For the Vaal Haste / Grace, it gives you a really huge boost when you need it.

Boots :
4L - Leap Slam | Faster Attacks | Endurance Charge on Melee Stun | Blood Magic

OR

4L - Whirling Blades | Faster Attacks | Fortify | Blood Magic
(Fast mobility & Endurance Charges / Fortify generation)

First one is for Defensive Setup and the second one for the Offensive Setup. Since you use 2 One Handed Weapons for this build, Leap Slam & Whirling Blades are the best mobility skill you can use at its best potential. On top of that, for me it's very versatile for a melee build and so the free Endurance Charges / Fortify is litteraly a big plus.

Gems Quality :
Every gem don't need quality, some are really nice for the build, some are just a waste of time / currency.

Weapon 1:
Spoiler
- Cast when Damage Taken : "+0.5% increased Damage"
We use it for a Curse setup so... No use at all.
UTILITY : 0 / 10

- Increased Area of Effect : "+0.5% increased Area Damage"
Damage useless for Curse setup, again.

- Enfeeble : "+0.5% reduced Accuracy Rating & Critical Strike Chance"
Well, not flat damage reduction but still useful.
UTILITY : 6 / 10

- Temporal Chains: "+0.5% reduced Attack Speed, Cast Speed & Movement Speed"
Slower mean less possibility to be hit, so, pretty good.
UTILITY : 10 / 10

Weapon 2:
Spoiler
- Herald of Ash : "+0.75% increased Fire Damage"
Overall damage, so overall yes for it.

- Vengeance : "+0.5% chance to Counterattack"
Since we use the skill only to get a bit more regen' once every now and then, not 100% useful.

- Life Gain on Hit : "+0.5 Life for each enemy hit"
Same as for Vengeance, we don't use it as main regen' source.

Helmet :
Spoiler
- Arctic Breath : "+0.5% increased Area of Effect radius"
Gives a bigger chill area around ourselves.
UTILITY : 8 / 10

- Greater Multiple Projectiles : "+0.5% increased Attack Speed & Cast Speed"
Not used for damage so not useful.

- Hatred : "+1% increased Area of Effect radius"
We're selfish so hell no!

- Cast when Damage Taken : "+0.5% increased Damage"
Once again, not for damage...

Body Armour:
Spoiler
- Lacerate : "+0.5% increased Area of Effect radius"
For a melee attack, more Area of Effect is still a huge bonus.

- Faster Attacks : "+0,5% increased Attack Speed"
Attack faster, which means more damage and less downside for the Lacerate gem itself.

- Melee Physical Damage : "+0.5% increased Melee Physical Damage"
More damage, so... 100% useful.

- Multistrike : "+0.5% increased Melee Physical Damage"
More damage, like who doesn't want more damage ?

- Added Fire Damage : "+0.5% increased Fire Damage"
Damage, more and more, useful more and more.

- Increased Area of Effect : "+0.5% increased Area Damage"
Area damage is still damage, so obviously useful for us.

Gloves :
Spoiler
- Enduring Cry : "+3% increased Area of Effect radius"
More range so "more" endurance charges but not 100% useful.

- Increased Duration : "+0.5% increased Skill Effect Duration"
Duration is always good, especially Vaal Aura.

- Vaal Haste / Grace : "+1% increased Area of Effect radius"
Quality is totally useful for non support / summoner character, so for us.

- Blood Rage : "+0.5% increased Attack Speed"
Attack speed is 100% useful to us due to the downside of Lacerate.

Boots :
Spoiler
- Leap Slam : "+0.5% chance to Knock Enemies Back on hit"
Well, totally useless since our range isn't screen big...

- Faster Attacks : "+0,5% increased Attack Speed"
Gives more mobility in any scenario.

- Endurance Charge on Melee Stun : "+1% increased Stun Duration on ennemies"
Nah... Just... Nah.

- Blood Magic : "+0.5% reduced Mana Cost"
Less mana cost is always a "plus", in our case less life cost.

- Whirling Blades : "+0,5% increased Attack Speed"
More cast, more movement, more speed.

- Fortify : "+0.5% increased Fortify Duration"
Pretty good since the base duration is only 4 seconds.
UTILITY : 8 / 10

Skill Trees :
Spoiler
Every link is made with the 2.3.0 Offline Skill Tree since Prophecy isn't released yet.
(Link To DL the 2.3.0 Offline Skill Tree).

I am working on getting 2 different setup, one more Offensive and one more Defensive in order to leave everyone the freedom of their game style.

Defensive Setup (x2 Axe) :
Spoiler
This setup was made mainly for Hardcore player but is playable in anycase. This is the setup I will use at Prophecy League release.

Ascendancy tree used (Champion) :
Unstoppable Hero -> Fortitude -> Inspirational -> First to Strike, Last to Fall
With the addition of 2 more Ascendancy points (more endgame but still) the Champion become a Defensive Ascendancy Class but with some massive Offensive boost, which is totally sick.

Leveling Trees :
Spoiler
End Act 1 Normal : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdFeyK8OlGxILKkITZR369NmVNvqdgQWNwEdVXl0Mx2sF07QUteu8=
20 Points
Start with some Damage & Life Nodes, you can't do more at this moment.
Important Stats : 50% Life - 2,6% Life Regeneration - 92% Physical Damage - 22% Attack Speed

End Act 3 Normal : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdFeyK8OlGxILKkITZR369NmVNvqdgQWNwEdVXl0Mx2sGE73TtYSEFLRpVeu826AHnFE38S7yfGJE6Ug48FHHZfIIH-OvqGPcyfNnyQXas
40 Points
More Damage & Life while heading to get Resolute Technique to make everything easier.
Important Stats : 91% Life - 2,6% Life Regeneration - 92% Physical Damage - 22% Attack Speed

End Act 3 Cruel : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdFeyK8OlGxILKkITZR369NmVNvqdgQWNwEdVXl0Mx2sGE73TtYSEFLRpVeu826AHnFE38S7yfGJE6Ug48FHHZfIIH-OvqGPcyfNnyQXasz36tja5Q_msTyWWnLlPTb6LqEuHDM1oaLIUhYMGLgUE17zrtu-2Rzg==
60 Points
Resolute Technique with the basics Life & Damage.
Important Stats : 101% Life - 2,6% Life Regeneration - 186% Physical Damage - 34% Attack Speed - 1 Jewel Socket - 2 Endurance Charges - 1 Frenzy Charge

End Act 3 Merciless : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdFeyK8OlGxILKkITZR369NmVNvqdgQWNwEdVXl0Mx2sGE73TtYSEFLRpVeu826AHnFE38S7yfGJE6Ug48FHHZfIIH-OvqGPcyfNnyQXasz36tja5Q_msTyWWnLlPTb6LqEuHDM1oaLIUhYMGLgUE17zrtu-2RzmRSTjIX4Sb4E0zBo-JhMHdZ_vPdaGXZYYVSm2qLTygql3nkUVBH7w4=
80 Points
Getting some pretty huge boost like "Cleaving" & "Slaughter" in order to crush a bit more every monster.
Important Stats : 116% Life - 2,6% Life Regeneration - 420% Physical Damage - 56% Attack Speed - 3 Jewel Sockets - 2 Endurance Charges - 1 Frenzy Charge

Around level 80-85 : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdFeyK8OlGxILKkITZR369NmVNvqdgQWNwEdVXl0MxwzPawVoaLlOE73TtLIXTb6LqYSEFLSFgEuGuUBpVeu_Bi_5rNuiBQRPJAec172WnFE067fxLvJ8YkTpSDjwUcdl8-OuCB-oYZFK77fPd8kF2rPcywaNOMpHOaGXPfnKpfNniYRfhrY2sqsT2MHcm-NlhWfPGrln-E0yFUp8-Gjg8LZtqLdKDX4PMi0-3Pigq_gqXefJF2L3kUTrhUEemV-8OFCBfP5BV
100 Points
Getting the few last nodes we really need and keeping the usual Life & Damage nodes going.
Important Stats : 169% Life - 4,4% Life Regeneration - 420% Physical Damage - 56% Attack Speed - 3 Jewel Sockets - 3 Endurance Charges - 1 Frenzy Charge

EndGame Trees :
Spoiler
Basic Setup : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAGIXLJSbLbkdFeyK8OlGxILKkITZR34B3L02d-NlTaluvqfAGnloYEF4DW87wQRjcLXyXz8R1W20NZL2SBQgV5eoB_6P2L2Mz8RY7w5DMWeATeM9_FBH2sHDM0z_plfkUYTvdO0uU1oa1lgxnpd5ouphIQUt028shY9gKCoS4a5Qeu8hYItP_mvBi5tqE8mBQYVSZac179lhOu2tjc9-dqzqGPcy-OtyqXzZu-3z3WRSFHGsqpHOaGVOMsGj2XxZ8xfh4mGCBxo4Jvgwd_JBkFUTTFn-Jy862AGR7Dgt0oKbhXuaO2ZUn9_vfDwFwGYEs6IA8B9o8qrNa9TsXISUiXF71A==
121 Points - 8 Ascendancy Points
It is a 0.1 version, I wanted to complete the Guide before going deep into the tree, so some points may not be totally optimal but still.
Important Stats : 215% Life - 6,9% Life Regeneration - 446% Physical Damage - 66% Attack Speed - 3 Jewel Sockets - 3 Endurance Charges - 1 Frenzy Charge [With passives / charges / Fortify bonus : 615% Phys Damage / 113% AS Main Hand / 107% AS Off Hand]

Offensive Setup (x2 Sword) :
Spoiler
This setup was made mainly for player who research the highest clear speed. This is the setup I will use in Standard in order to test the limits.

Ascendancy tree used (Gladiator) :
Outmatch & Outlast -> Gratuitous Violence -> Painforged -> Versatile Combatant
With the addition of 2 more Ascendancy points, the Gladiator have now access to the full Block area, the Charges Generation and the Exploding Bleed, which result in something quite Defensive with nice clear speed bonus.

Leveling Trees :
Spoiler
End Act 1 Normal : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdmy0V7Irw6UbEgsqQhNlHfr02ZU2-p2BBY3AR1VeXQzHawXTtBS0=
20 Points
Start with some Damage & Life Nodes, you don't have access to much room yet.
Important Stats : 45% Life - 2,6% Life Regeneration - 92% Physical Damage - 28% Attack Speed

End Act 3 Normal : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdmy0V7Irw6UbEgsqQhNlHfr02ZU2-p2BBY3AR1VeXQzHawXTtBS1678MzWhoshSFgwYuBQTXvOu0B3HfjqW55aMEEXz8UIO8OUEfkUWeb
40 Points
More Damage & Life while heading to get Resolute Technique to make everything easier.
Important Stats : 70% Life - 4,4% Life Regeneration - 150% Physical Damage - 38% Attack Speed - 1 Frenzy Charge

End Act 3 Cruel : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdmy0V7Irw6UbEgsqQhNlHfr02ZU2-p2BBY3AR1VeXQzHawXTtBS1678MzWhoshSFgwYuBQTXvOu0B3HfjqW55aMEEXz8UIO8OUEfkUWebrj7GrsT2cqn3MnzZQXQkm_dNl3koKotPm2ouU9NvhO-i6hLh6hj46w==
60 Points
Rush Resolute Technique while getting some nice bonus on the way.
Important Stats : 70% Life - 4,4% Life Regeneration - 235% Physical Damage - 51% Attack Speed - 1 Jewel Socket - 1 Endurance Charge - 1 Frenzy Charge

End Act 3 Merciless : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdmy0V7Irw6UbEgsqQhNlHfr02ZU2-p2BBY3AR1VeXQzHawXTtBS1678MzWhoshSFgwYuBQTXvOu0B3HfjqW55aMEEXz8UIO8OUEfkUWebrj7GrsT2cqn3MnzZQXQkm_dNl3koKotPm2ouU9NvhO-i6hLh6hj46xRxG6oQ8PJagTrBB9d-YxfZfIIH8kG77ZHO891oZXasz36tjcAabzs=
80 Points
It is at this point that things are getting serious.
Important Stats : 98% Life - 4,4% Life Regeneration - 331% Physical Damage - 67% Attack Speed - 3 Jewel Sockets - 2 Endurance Charges - 1 Frenzy Charge

Around level 80-85 : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdmy0V7Irw6UbEgsqQhNlHfgHcvTZ342VNqW6-p8AaeWhgQXgNbzvBBGNwtfJfPxHVNZIUIFeX_o_Yve8OQzFQR9rBTP_kUS5ThO907dZYl3nTb6LqYSEFLSgqEuGuUHrvi0_-a5tqE8mFUmWn2WGtjc9-dqzqGPjr9zJkUrvt890UcXzZwaNOMpHOaGXZfOJhF-GCBzB3JvjyQVn-E0yPYMMzWhpN46ZXMZ5yqayqWfMaOJBVJy862Ow4gpuaO5_f73yfPi3S
100 Points
Getting the Life & Damages nodes which are close to our way.
Important Stats : 152% Life - 5,4% Life Regeneration - 345% Physical Damage - 72% Attack Speed - 3 Jewel Sockets - 2 Endurance Charges - 1 Frenzy Charge

EndGame Trees :
Spoiler
Basic Setup : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAA5DzV-5HZstFeyK8OlGypCE2Ud-Ady9NnfjZU2pbr6nwBp5aGBBeA1vO8EEY3C18l8_EdU1km20cmwUIFeX_o_YvagHbEbvDkMxTeP-CmeAMglQR8Mz2sFM_6ZX8kXkUVoaLlOE73Tt1lg64TGeZ5uXeSyF02-i6gUtj2BBdK4-KCohYBLheu8j0ySbxq6LT8GL900LYcT2m2qBQdunr2xyqTXvCVho8qyq9zI67dP88B9Z8-oYfNmiAJ8-Gjj463asBLMt0pBVu-3z3RRxz37AZicvkc5oZdl8G6qtjTwFggfBBxDwn9_vfPJB137yWmMXgTrEggaLIONf2gomvnhs2A==
It is a 0.1 version, I wanted to complete the Guide before going deep into the tree, so some points may not be totally optimal but still.
Important Stats : 187% Life - 5,4% Life Regeneration - 437% Physical Damage - 116% Attack Speed - 3 Jewel Sockets - 3 Endurance Charges - 1 Frenzy Charge [With passives / charges / vs Bleeding : 568% Phys Damage / 158% AS Main Hand / 152% AS Off Hand]

Gear Setup :
Spoiler
Flasks :
Atziri's Promise | Granite (of Iron Skin) | Stibnite (of Warding) | Divine (of Staunching) | Divine (of Heat)

Nothing to expensive or difficult to get but overall a nice setup for defense and offense.
- Atziri's Promise = Physical damage to Chaos Damage, so more damage... Chaos Damage leeched as Life, so more life... Chaos Damage not reflected, so less damage on me... Perfect !
- 2 Divine Life Flask and 1 Stibnite for Freeze / Curse / Bleeding which are really harsh.
- 1 Granite Flask for more flat armor and defense. Can replace it for any Elemental Flask while doing hard Elemental Boss / maps.

Weapon :
High DPS One Handed Axe / Sword x2

Since the skill use both Weapons while Dual Wielding, we can't afford a stat stick in Off Hand. It may takes some times to find 2 good weapons but it'll be totally worth.
- 280+ Physical DPS
- 1,5+ Attack Speed

Armour :
Lightning Coil

Overall the best Body Armour for melee character.
- "30-40% Physical Damage taken as Lightning Damage" = "Less" flat damage
- "+60-80 to Maximum Life" since we're melee, life is essential.
- The less Lightning Resistance isn't a big issue, just need to optimize the rest of the gear.

Common Rare Items :
No fancy items, nothing too expensive.
- You can trade the Lightning Coil for some high armour, good resist and life chest piece, like an Astral Plate....
- Overcap your resistances to get 109% @Res in Merciless. (Elemental Weakness = easy map)
- Find items with "+60 or more Maximum Life" each to have a huge health pool. We're never too safe
- Amulet; Belt; Rings with "Adds #-# Physical Damage" or "#% Increased Attack Speed" if you can, it's free damage.
- Movement Speed on boots but since you're Leap Slaming / Whirling everywhere, it's nearly useless.

Useful Uniques :
Carcass Jack, Belly of the Beast, Abyssus,...

You have access to a large panel of Uniques that can help you progress to get a better stuff or a different setup of gear, like more damage... It's your own choice!

Jewels :
There are a lots of differents stats that are available to us to use on our Jewels. Here's a list of each of them (besides base stat / resistance which depend on your stuff) and how useful they are to us.

Axe Jewel mods :
Spoiler

- Increased Maximum Life 5 - 7% -- -- > UTILITY : 10 / 10
- Increased Attack Speed with One Handed Weapon 4 - 6% -- -- > UTILITY : 8 / 10
- Increased Attack Speed with Axe 6 - 8% -- -- > UTILITY : 10 / 10
- Increased Attack Speed while Dual Wielding 4 - 6% -- -- > UTILITY : 8 / 10
- Increased Attack Speed 3 - 5% -- -- > UTILITY : 6 / 10
- Increased Attack and Cast Speed 2 - 4% -- -- > UTILITY : 2 / 10
- Increased Physical Damage with One Handed Weapon 12 - 14% -- -- > UTILITY : 8 / 10
- Increased Physical Damage with Axe 14 - 16% -- -- > UTILITY : 0 / 10
- Increased Physical Damage while Dual Wielding 12 - 14% -- -- > UTILITY : 8 / 10
- Increased Physical Damage 14 - 16% -- -- > UTILITY : 10 / 10
- Increased Damage 8 - 10% -- -- > UTILITY : 6 / 10
- Increased Area Damage 10 - 12% -- -- > UTILITY : 6 / 10
- Increased Melee Damage 10 - 12% -- -- > UTILITY : 6 / 10

Sword Jewel mods :
Spoiler

- Increased Maximum Life 5 - 7% -- -- > UTILITY : 10 / 10
- Increased Attack Speed with One Handed Weapon 4 - 6% -- -- > UTILITY : 8 / 10
- Increased Attack Speed with Sword 6 - 8% -- -- > UTILITY : 10 / 10
- Increased Attack Speed while Dual Wielding 4 - 6% -- -- > UTILITY : 8 / 10
- Increased Attack Speed 3 - 5% -- -- > UTILITY : 6 / 10
- Increased Attack and Cast Speed 2 - 4% -- -- > UTILITY : 2 / 10
- Increased Physical Damage with One Handed Weapon 12 - 14% -- -- > UTILITY : 8 / 10
- Increased Physical Damage with Sword 14 - 16% -- -- > UTILITY : 0 / 10
- Increased Physical Damage while Dual Wielding 12 - 14% -- -- > UTILITY : 8 / 10
- Increased Physical Damage 14 - 16% -- -- > UTILITY : 10 / 10
- Increased Damage 8 - 10% -- -- > UTILITY : 6 / 10
- Increased Area Damage 10 - 12% -- -- > UTILITY : 6 / 10
- Increased Melee Damage 10 - 12% -- -- > UTILITY : 6 / 10
- Additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding 1% -- -- > UTILITY : 4 / 10
- Additional Block Spells while Dual Wielding 1% -- -- > UTILITY : 4 / 10

Overall Price :
Less than 1 Exalted Orb : This is the price that people will spent when they are new or playing a fresh League. Either way, you'll need to set goals and take time in order to find the best deals for the money you have.
Around 5 Exalted Orbs : At this point, you'll start to spend more and more time to find new stuffs, but each of these upgrade will makes you way stronger.
More than 15 Exalted Orbs : From this point, you shouldn't need my help to know what to get. Try to always spend more into your weapons since it's the items which gives you the biggest upgrade when you find really nice piece.
Mirror worthy : Like every build, with a huge price come a huge power. I never achieved this but I think you know what you have to do there.

What to invest in first ?
For this build, there is 2 importants things to get as early as possible in order to facilitate your progression : 2 good weapons & a Body Armour with nice stats / rolls. Even if it isn't with perfect stats, having what you really need on those will help you greatly.
So first, for the weapons, you need to search 2 weapons with nice stats, and not only one really good. It'll, in some sort, slow a bit the speed at which your weapons change however it'll give you the opportunity to wait more and more to find new one and find something better than what you found before.
For the Body Armour, it depends on which one you want to use. However, in any case, you need to push yourself to get the best stats possible on it as early as possible. From the Health roll of the Lightning Coil, to the resist of a Rare Chest or the damage roll on a Carcass Jack, you need to aim for the highest in order to get a huge boost that you won't need to change every now and then.

Stats :
Spoiler
These stats aren't a "must have" but more a sort of idea of what you need to get. It is here to give you some sort of idea on what you should aim for. If you have less or more, it isn't bad, at least, if you are around my numbers.
The first number is for the Defensive Setup while the second one is for Offensive Setup.

Stats for a random Level 75-80 character :
Spoiler
These numbers are an approximation for a Level 75-80 character.
Life : 5000 -- 4500
(The more you have, the tougher you are.)

Resistances (but Chaos) : 75% -- 75%
(109% in order to be unaffected by Elemental Weakness maps.)

Armor / Evasion : 3500 Armour & 1250 Evasion -- 3000 Armour & 1000 Evasion
(Some damage mitigation can only be useful, but don't focus on those.)

Damage : UNKNOWN [with Hatred & Herald of Ash]
(The more you have, the easier it'll be for you to run through the content.)

Other Stats that can help : Life / Mana Leech; Life / Mana on Hit; Movement Speed; Attack Speed
(These are here if you really want to maximize your gear, it isn't an obligation.)

Stats for a good geared Level 90+ character :
Spoiler
These numbers are an approximation for a Level 90+ character with good gear.
Life : 6250 -- 5500
(If you've not enough life everything will end up killing you.)

Resistances (but Chaos) : 75% -- 75%
(As said, overcap them to 109% and try to search for some Chaos Resistance after.)

Armor / Evasion : 4500 Armour & 1750 Evasion -- 4000 Armour & 1500 Evasion
(These will increase with your stuff getting better, however since the Skill Tree isn't focused on them, you won't end up with a ton.)

Damage : UNKNOWN [with Hatred & Herald of Ash]
(With all the damage nodes, your DPS will increase pretty fast from a certain point.)

Other Stats that can help : Life / Mana Leech; Life / Mana on Hit; Movement Speed; Attack Speed
(It's at this moment that these become a good "plus" in your gear. It give you easier progress and faster gameplay.)

Bandits :
Spoiler
Normal Difficulty : Oak +40 Health Point
Each point of life is always worth for a Melee Build. On top of that, 40 flat life early in the game can saves you from many bad situation.

Cruel Difficulty : None +1 Passive Point
With all the Attack Speed and Physical Damage we get from the tree, the Passive Point is way more worth to get than the stats the Bandits gives you.

Merciless Difficulty : Oak +1 Endurance Charge OR Kraityn +1 Frenzy Charge
At this point it depends on your playstyle. either go for more damage or more survivability, both are great and worth about the same through the whole game with this build.

Pros & Cons :
Spoiler
Pros :

UNKNOWN

Cons :

UNKNOWN

My Character :
Spoiler
This section will have a Offensive Setup that I'll use in Standard to check potential and my Prophecy Hardcore character for the Defensive Setup.

Defensive Setup (x2 Axe) :
Spoiler
Current Skill Tree (with Jewels) :
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAQHnBLMFLQthDF8OPBHVEuETTBPJFCAUTRRxFewX4RiRGjgaVRynIWAm-CgqLIUslC3SLlMwdzXvNug6UjrtPAU8LUMxR35M_04yUEdTpVeXWfNZ_loaXz9gQWEhYhdjcGRSZU1lp2hlaPJyqXTtdqx673vUfNmBQYIHg1-DzISUhNmE74VSiXGK8ItPj2CQVZHOl3mbap8-n9-iAKLqrKqtja5Qr2y3Prkdu-28n702vqfAZsGLwaPDM8T2xq7KkM9-02_WWNi92WHZfNrB4mHkUelG6hjsXO8O73zwH_JB8933Mvjr_Ev-Cv5r?accountName=Kormir&characterName=KormirCourage

Gear :
Spoiler

Stats :
Spoiler
General Stats :
Spoiler

Defense Stats :
Spoiler
No real screen since ran the full setup on a not fully opti stuff just to see damage

Damage Stats :
Spoiler
5L Setup with Poison [Hideout]:

5L Setup with Added Fire Damage [Hideout]:

6L Setup with Poison [Hideout]:

6L Setup with Added Fire Damage [Hideout]:

6L Full Damage Setup with Increased Area of Effect [Fight]:

6L Full Damage Setup with Concentraded Effect [Fight]:

Offensive Setup (x2 Sword) :
Spoiler
Current Skill Tree (with Jewels) :
Spoiler

Gear :
Spoiler

Stats :
Spoiler
General Stats :
Spoiler
UNKNOWN

Defense Stats :
Spoiler
UNKNOWN

Damage Stats :
Spoiler
UNKNOWN
And the unrighteous were turned to ash!
Last edited by Kormir on Jun 8, 2016, 11:53:13 AM
Last bumped on Aug 3, 2016, 5:31:14 PM
--- Reserved ---

I'm open to any sort of comments on my guide as long as it is something constructive and which may improve the guide.
Any good idea will be studied in order to make this guide better.

You can contact me through this Guide or through Forum or InGame (KormirAscension) messages.

What for release ? :
Spoiler
- Test of the Soul Taker instead of one of the Defensive Setup's Axe and with that, go with 1 more Mana Reservation Aura -> Arctic Armour / Blasphemy / ...
- Test of the Poison Gem instead of the Added Fire Damage for Lacerate in order to get (maybe) more clear speed and Boss damage (-galuf)

Updates List :
Spoiler
Update 0 : Creation of the guide (w/ Gems Setup COMPLETED). (v. 0.0) -28 May
Update 1 : Added the beginning of the "Skill Trees" part (Defensive Setup) and the "Gear Setup" part. (v. 0.1) -28 May
Update 2 : Added the "Stats" & "Bandits" part. (v. 0.2) -28 May
Update 3 : Added "Pros & Cons" and "My Character" part. They are empty since there is, at this moment, no real test of the setup. (v. 0.3) -29 May
Update 4 : Updated the Google Spreadsheet in order to get a more user friendly one. (v. 0.4) -29 May
Update 5 : Added the first version of the Offensive Gladiator Tree & added a v. 0.2 of the Defensive Setup. (v. 0.5) -29 May
Update 6 : Completed the "Gear Setup" part with the differents Jewels mods available. (v. 0.6) -29 May
Update 7 : Added the "What's for release ?" part in order to see the possible modifications. (v. 0.7) -29 May
Update 8 : Added more details and informations to the "Introduction" part in order to give my full thoughts and give everyone the opportunity to have his own idea. (v. 0.8) -29 May

Old Build versions :
Spoiler
Defensive Setup v. 0.1 :
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAGIXLJSbLbkdFeyK8OlGxILKkITZR34B3L02d-NlTaluvqfAGnloYEF4DW87wQRjcLXyXz8R1W20NZL2SBQgV5eoB_6P2L2Mz8RY7w5DMWeATeM9_FBH2sHDM0z_plfkUYTvdO0uU1oa1lgxnpd5ouphIQUt028shY9gKCoS4a5Qeu8hYItP_mvBi5tqE8mBQYVSZac179lhOu2tjc9-dqzqGPcy-OtyqXzZu-3z3WRSFHGsqpHOaGVOMsGj2XxZ8xfh4mGCBxo4Jvgwd_JBkFUTTFn-Jy862AGR7Dgt0oKbhXuaO2ZUn9_vfDwFwGYEs6IA8B9o8qrNa9TsXISUiXF71A==
Important Stats : 184% Life - 6,2% Life Regeneration - 486% Physical Damage - 78% Attack Speed - 4 Jewel Sockets - 3 Endurance Charges - 1 Frenzy Charge [With passives / charges / Fortify bonus : 655% Phys Damage / 125% AS Main Hand / 119% AS Off Hand]

Other Guides :
Spoiler
- [2.2 / 2.3.0 Theory] "Wraeclast Janitor" : 2 Handed Mace Sweep => https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1593951 (Up to date)
- [2.2 / 2.3.0 Theory] "Icy Calamity" : 2 Handed Mace Ice Crash => https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1299608 (Outdated, soon updated)

Last edited by Kormir on May 31, 2016, 10:42:24 AM
with the amount of power creep the game has atm. I would look into poison mechanics too. Typically you will use high base damage things and will have already HoA and Hatred for ele damage amp. Added fire will probably not be the wtg anymore... (except early on for clearspeed purpose)

Poison is reflect proof and will yeld more dps against bosses, skill hitting twice smoothen the application too I guess.
Last edited by galuf on May 28, 2016, 10:25:08 AM
Hey Galuf,

First of all thanks for the early feedback ^^

As I said, atm with the knowledge we have on the skill, the "Gems Setup" part is totally uncertain since I don't know how the build will do in early level, mid level and end game so. I made a "generic" gem setup for the skill in order to be "safe" and not try edgy setup.

But your idea is not that bad with the fact that the skill can hit twice a monster who's in the middle of the slash so it does have a huge DPS potential.
I'll write down that idea and try it at release to see which one gives the best clear speed and comfort.

Thanks again :p
np, I'm as lost as you anyway :).
Hey dude i was thinking on pickup 2 foil to do this build to have insane atack speed
Hey mate you may be interested in a tree I posted for Gladiator here, where we also discussed dual wield lacerate:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4krc7f/scrigwald_dual_wield_weapon_lacerate_build_help/d3hhxrm
Could be your offensive spec? (Although I admit it's quite defensive too haha)
IGN: Ikbosh
Is this HC viable
Hey the three of you,

So, for the idea of using 2 Foil was the one I had for the Offensive setup, in order to get more hit going. So yeah, you have it right VHBegh :p

About going Gladiator Dual Wielding for the Offensive Spec', once again that was an idea I had in mind since it can fully benefits from "Outmatch and Outlast" which is pretty sick with a high damage build, in my opinion. I'll check your post Ikbosh

And for Teyo, the Defensive setup is made for HC yes since it's the build I want to try during Prophecy HC league. At this moment, the tree isn't 100% optimized, however I think it's a good start to begin with.

Hey everyone,

A little "bump" in order to keep everyone up to date about what's the Guide offers now and where it is heading.

During these 2 days, I tried to give as much details about my way of thinking for this build, from what I knew already to what I was expecting or what I wanted to try for this build.
In order to make it more versatile, I made 2 differents "Setups" for 2 different playstyle in order to satisfy what everyone (or most of) wanted from this Guide.

There is then 2 Setups fully (at least for now) detailled, from the Gems Setup, to the Skill Tree, Gear, Jewels.... Everything I directly thought about. I think you can find yourself in one of the setup, a more Offensive one or a more Defensive one, so everyone is happy.

And since this Attack Gem isn't released yet, I made some assumptions in order to keep me working on that Guide even when it'll feel completed for me. From the different Gems Setup possible, or Weapons, I want to try everything in order to offer only what I think is best.

So feel free to comment / criticize (as long as it is constructive), I will really appreciate it, any idea is welcomed !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info