Why nerf droprates on top tier uniques??

Perandus made top tier uniques the exact opposite of what they were supposed to be "top tier". In Perandus only two items felt top tier at all; Headhunter & Skyforth. Top tier shouldn't be something you plan around and can obtain early on with minimal currency, top tier should be a reward for the players who have bested what the game has to offer.

In synopsis I can say that I agree with their decision to lower the drop rate of top tier uniques.
"
plodd wrote:
Maybe its because they finally realise that they are on the verge of losing all their standard players and donators.

Using standard as a dumping ground for all these high droprate leagues was never a good system. It was obvious from the start to some, maybe GGG are finally seeing the light on that one.

what would you suggest then, league characters + gear get deleted at the end of a league? I'm sure that'll go down well.
"
Asmosis wrote:
"
plodd wrote:
Maybe its because they finally realise that they are on the verge of losing all their standard players and donators.

Using standard as a dumping ground for all these high droprate leagues was never a good system. It was obvious from the start to some, maybe GGG are finally seeing the light on that one.

what would you suggest then, league characters + gear get deleted at the end of a league? I'm sure that'll go down well.
Standard League and Hardcore permanent League should have stayed their own separate entities.

The proper thing to do would be to create two separate "void" leagues for leagues to fall down into. That way people who want to use that gear or characters for testing can, without ruining the other leagues.

Thats what i would do atleast, its the most logical thing to do but at this point both permanent leagues are pretty much ruined at this point. GGG says they care but its clear that their actions say otherwise.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
ressiv wrote:
The droprates were already low before Perandus. Perandus finally gave casuals the opportunity to get their hands on top tier uniques. Now that Perandus will be gone they will be super rare again and GGG decides to even make them rarer than before?? Why??

That's nonsense, I am a casual (playing after work and at weekends) and at the end of the league month I usually manage to get my t1 unique. You are either doing something wrong or just want to have everything fast and ez. Which is it?
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
Top tier shouldn't be something you plan around and can obtain early on with minimal currency, top tier should be a reward for the players who have bested what the game has to offer.

ye ... RNG!

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Standard League and Hardcore permanent League should have stayed their own separate entities.

The proper thing to do would be to create two separate "void" leagues for leagues to fall down into. That way people who want to use that gear or characters for testing can, without ruining the other leagues.

Thats what i would do atleast, its the most logical thing to do but at this point both permanent leagues are pretty much ruined at this point. GGG says they care but its clear that their actions say otherwise.

this is not going to happen for the same reason custom leagues are still not in the game.
Eh making me trade / mf more not exactly a great time I find it stupid personally but hey I'm amazing at it so.

Whatever I can feel for the people who don't like doing this though that's a bad time.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Asmosis wrote:
"
plodd wrote:

I shouldn't think league players would be bothered. Surely they play the league because they like playing the league.

The reality is possibly that in fact they only play the leagues because they have been coerced into playing them because of the high drop rates' ultimately to use the stuff in standard. If what you're insinuating is true.
Which would mean leagues are also a fail and the main game is in fact standard.
When was this game ever meant for casuals again?
"
Deadpeng wrote:
When was this game ever meant for casuals again?

Getting decent drops is casual now? Like I don't think any of you understand the frustrations of actual players who play 12+ hours a day or something silly and get nothing for it. Trading is a not a good time however I do it because it's necessary. It's why I'm full mirror gear in standard, It's why I'm in full best in slot gear in every single league sure and do 40/40 in 2 weeks every league.

But I didn't find any of it all I did was the basic trade this was the same concept with D2 LoD and I've been use to it sure but I really don't find it fun honestly but hey it's a necessary thing I suppose.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info