[3.0] I Cast Magic Missile! - Cantrip's guide to Ethereal Knives. Rage Mage Edition!

Leveling to 28 with ek was a pain for me as well. Had like 260 dps at that lvl due to no gear.
I just grabbed a 2h and eq then and easily finished normal now so that might be an option. You can always grab some 2h dmg nodes near master of the arena and drop them later on :)
Cantrip, remember what you said about players on HC being paranoid? Well this is it. +15% all rez seems very tempting when you're running around with a tabula and random crappy gear which you chose mainly for the right colour sockets and links rather than the mad stats :) I guess I'll keep it as an option for later. Might have to grab them anyway around the start of Merciless if the resists are way too low. Otherwise, yeah it's a pretty crappy passive, especially late game.

I'm lvl 30 atm. So far EK has been way underwhelming, but I think its time to switch soon. Btw, I found that Spec Throw works very well with this build since it synergises well with the passives (projectile dmag, speed etc). All you need is a decent dmag weapon and you can clear relatively quickly and safely. But i think around lvl 30-35 is where you can switch to the EK setup (which I was levelling on the offhand).
Well, you kinda need a Lifesprig to level as a caster and not cry... Once you have a 3L Lifesprig nothing stops you.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
How do you keep up your frenzy charges on bosses? Melee smacking with frenzy? lol
"
Nighttblade wrote:
How do you keep up your frenzy charges on bosses? Melee smacking with frenzy? lol

If it comes to that. Usually they die before it runs out or minions give it.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
How is your tooltip looking now? What kind of weapons do you see yourself using endgame, and overall how is this holding up to your expectations?
Thanks!
"
iVisionary wrote:
How is your tooltip looking now? What kind of weapons do you see yourself using endgame, and overall how is this holding up to your expectations?
Thanks!

Around 15k now before the Poison (and not including the Singularity's Increased Damage), level 67. Still haven't done Merc Lab. Roughly 18k DPS with Hinder + Poison (aka = ~25K + ~66K Poison).

Probably going to use this Sceptre (with a better roll) and either a Dagger for Whirling Blades or an OP shield. So far, doing GREAT.

Last edited by CantripN on Jun 5, 2016, 6:52:29 PM
Hey OP.

ive been looking at ur passive tree and was wondering if this would work :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAQBeAdEB3AHnAx4FLQW1CC4UIBRNFSAWvxiRGY4ZtBqNH0EhkCP2JDcknSaVLOktgy5TMHwyfjWSNj026DfUOlI9_D7PQzFHfk2SUEdRR1hjWK9aGlsmXz9f0GJaYqxlTWqMbIxvO3Ttdct2gnfjeA15aHrvfXV_-4TZhrOK8IzPjX2Nfo2_naqhIqJAotmjiqlur-uwq7TFtNG1SLXyu-O8n702vea-p78IwBrBBMLswzPEgsSixLjG2MgMyBTNmNNv037V-Ni92sHpRuoQ6mLrY-0_7YPuDu8O73r0-PVv9kj2o_hf_Ev-Cv66?accountName=bowfer8660&characterName=TroldVold
Last edited by bowfer8660 on Jun 6, 2016, 3:48:49 AM
"
bowfer8660 wrote:
Hey OP.

ive been looking at ur passive tree and was wondering if this would work :)

Not at all. Iron Grip doesn't work with Spells, and you skipped Acrobatics for it.

The start was a bit hard. I played EK the moment I stepped into the coast. Also as Marauder you gain a lot of life first before you can invest into damage. But at the end of normal it starts doing decent damage.

RNG was nice to me this league. My 20% gem prophecy gave me a 20% EK :-), and I got the prophecy that rewarded me with a tabula at the end of normal. Then I found a Divinarius in a Zana Maelstrom of Chaos mission.

The leech from Berserker really helps a lot, against trash Mana leech is more than enough. I hope that with higher dps I get to the point where 1% leech against a single target does the job. I got the frenzy charge from bandits, but I plan to go VP later and I will not skill more. In parties Blood Rage doesn't really work well anyway and 50% of maps I'm usually not alone. Merciless lab was doable with ~4,3k HP (it was close, so for HC get more). Definitely get a dagger for whirling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info