[3.0] I Cast Magic Missile! - Cantrip's guide to Ethereal Knives. Rage Mage Edition!

Okay, anyway i will try it with EK in the new league. Thanks for your build guide!
can you pls post a screen with your def + offensive stats???
"
can you pls post a screen with your def + offensive stats???

Kinda hard to do before the league starts ;)

---------

DPS for the Acro version should be at the very least 150k Tooltip with just the Charges, eventually. Probably a lot more, can't know exact numbers yet. Depending on curses, that's over a million in actual DPS, and again, probably a LOT more.

Life should be somewhere between 7k to 7.5k on the Acro version (but sadly will only act like 6.5-7k due to Berserker). Evasion should be around 20-25% before a Flask (again, AT LEAST), Acro is 40/46 assuming no unique amulet or a Flask on (can be 60/66 with those, or almost capped with Vaal Grace).

---------

All that said, while leveling, with bad gear and jewels, no leveled and q gems, etc., you'll have a fraction of that.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jun 2, 2016, 6:21:16 PM
I am making a crit version of this going assassin like we discussed a week ago.

What difference would it make if I use assassin's mark instead of vulnerability (for single curse until I get my hands on Cospri's) to generate power charges? I was thinking of Blade vortex PCoC Inc AoE but with no skill effect nodes, I figured it would be really troublesome to cast an additional skill every 10 seconds other than Enduring cry.

My flask setup would be

Quicksilver +speed
Seething health pot bleed
Atziri promise / Onslaught flask shock
Quartz dispel freeze
Jade flask extra evade

I forgot how physical reflect works now, its possible to dodge my own reflected damage right?
How else do I reduce the reflect damage? Basalt/granite? Can I run arctic armor together with 1 curse till I get Cospri? Does enfeeble on enemies reduce my own reflected damage? What second curse can help reduce the reflect damage if I were to drop arctic armor? I don't want to switch gems everytime I see a yellow circle under a rare.
"
Nyxy wrote:

What difference would it make if I use assassin's mark instead of vulnerability (for single curse until I get my hands on Cospri's) to generate power charges? I was thinking of Blade vortex PCoC Inc AoE but with no skill effect nodes, I figured it would be really troublesome to cast an additional skill every 10 seconds other than Enduring cry.

My flask setup would be

Quicksilver +speed
Quartz dispel freeze
Jade flask extra evade

I forgot how physical reflect works now, its possible to dodge my own reflected damage right?
How else do I reduce the reflect damage? Basalt/granite? Can I run arctic armor together with 1 curse till I get Cospri? Does enfeeble on enemies reduce my own reflected damage? What second curse can help reduce the reflect damage if I were to drop arctic armor? I don't want to switch gems everytime I see a yellow circle under a rare.

You can Spell Dodge and Spell Block Reflect, you can use Armor / Basalt to mitigate more, AA also works. Enfeeble doesn't help. If you want to be more or less Reflect-proof, use an Armor build (Acro relies on knowing when to stop) - something like: TREE
Crit BV can't really handle reflect anyhow without tricks, so Southbound might well help either way.

Slayer also works great for BV / Bladefall.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Jun 3, 2016, 3:14:29 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Nyxy wrote:

My flask setup would be

Quicksilver +speed
Quartz dispel freeze
Jade flask extra evade

You can Spell Dodge and Spell Block Reflect, you can use Armor / Basalt to mitigate more, AA also works. Enfeeble doesn't help. If you want to be more or less Reflect-proof, use an Armor build (Acro relies on knowing when to stop) - something like: TREE
Crit BV can't really handle reflect anyhow without tricks, so Southbound might well help either way.

Slayer also works great for BV / Bladefall.

I was actually talking about assassin crit ek.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBALDYotmEojIyyBQHmRCS9W9Z8NmGaoxMjrxvFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFIqC13yDkjjhLcwEZYN0RvI6FoHHn_GY0PP3TY9JoiVLqKj8YpVhZ2q8NXB86XLbIyP-klRlSBirOv1axctH7TFwwm86kyzwuy5k8BUrrMEB9AfIG4FtfIdCPRqQ0GWg9vv61Awjb8FQtD1VcbbXlFH1CMsnDpYMHw31D7P51QwcREtjX3tP73mJP3dqHyDI_b_3kt46-5NkjpCmuAc3DLRRZ2PGkVHU1K1BMBm5CIEsylP1aaiAGu37DjwH4V9OtiFe2jyJy9mVJBVGjjr5F8q

Might use lightning coil and forgo the double curse. Or just go berserker non crit, too many unknown variables because I lack experience on the topic of EK...
Either works, really, I just think crit is riskier and not a LOT stronger for DPS. I suspect the Crit version will die to Reflect no matter what you do. It's going to be... difficult... to balance Lightning Resist with a Lightning Coil on a Crit build (and even that won't save you without a ton of Armor and Endurance Charges as well).

It's really a question of going full glass cannon and playing to the strengths of Crit (and yes, that means instant death to Reflect), or you might as well play my version (and get more DPS than said self-nerfed Crit caster). Physical Crit is designed to be a glass cannon, make no mistake.

Last edited by CantripN on Jun 3, 2016, 8:07:58 AM
I find that the extra poison damage is too huge to pass up, I wanna go at 150% movepseed, cast 1 EK, have them poison them to death and just move on. Seems like its too much to ask for though. I'm not entirely sure if the non-crit version can just cast 1 EK and move
"
Nyxy wrote:
I find that the extra poison damage is too huge to pass up, I wanna go at 150% movepseed, cast 1 EK, have them poison them to death and just move on. Seems like its too much to ask for though. I'm not entirely sure if the non-crit version can just cast 1 EK and move

Really depends on whether solo or party, map level, and gear level. At top gear, Solo or with a friend (maybe 2), should be able to do it on t15 maps.

Crit Assassin will obviously do more DPS if you aim at that, but only if you use the same methods I do and don't intentionally nerf yourself.

Last edited by CantripN on Jun 3, 2016, 8:43:47 AM
How is the budget for creating this build? Rather cheap? Thinking about rolling this for prophecy.
Thank you, nice build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info