[3.0] I Cast Magic Missile! - Cantrip's guide to Ethereal Knives. Rage Mage Edition!

"
Midas_ wrote:
Heya guys, awesome build!

I was wondering if this build would work with Slayer, -50% Phys. Reflect, Onslaught, 20% more damage if you killed recently, and im not sure if the culling strike feature works with EK.

What do you guys think? And we have two ascendacy points left, i really don't know where to go from here.

Example;

http://tinyurl.com/h8g5gt8 (Tree)

I play HC, and i think Assassin is pretty risky.. :(

Sure, that's doable. But you don't really have a big problem with Phys Reflect, as you can see from even the Assassin on HC. Slayer seems like a decent plan for a Blade Vortex or Bladefall version, though, what with the AoE boost. I posted a tree for a non-crit BV build somewhere in here...

Culling Strike works fine, to clarify.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jun 13, 2016, 1:42:38 PM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Midas_ wrote:
Heya guys, awesome build!

I was wondering if this build would work with Slayer, -50% Phys. Reflect, Onslaught, 20% more damage if you killed recently, and im not sure if the culling strike feature works with EK.

What do you guys think? And we have two ascendacy points left, i really don't know where to go from here.

Example;

http://tinyurl.com/h8g5gt8 (Tree)

I play HC, and i think Assassin is pretty risky.. :(

Sure, that's doable. But you don't really have a big problem with Phys Reflect, as you can see from even the Assassin on HC. Slayer seems like a decent plan for a Blade Vortex or Bladefall version, though, what with the AoE boost. I posted a tree for a non-crit BV build somewhere in here...

Culling Strike works fine, to clarify.

Thanks for the uber fast answer! Haha

I thought that reflect was a big trouble for EK users, good to know.

So "on Hit/when Hit" doens't apply only for attacks? I thought that "on Hit/when Hit" from Noxious Strikes (Assassin) only works for attacks/melee stuff, haha. I really like the Berserker idea, but for some reason i think it lacks damage, am i wrong? And this build can run high tier maps?
double post
Last edited by Sirmapalot on Jun 13, 2016, 1:53:16 PM
This build can reach over a million in damage, I think we're good to do anything. Can you do more with a full-on glass-cannon Crit build? Probably.

On Hit works with spells just fine. Even the Assassin thing, unless it specifically says WITH ATTACKS (some parts do).

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Nice, i finally got a curse on hit effect on a pair of Winds of Change. Not the best pair, but definitely ok. Vulnerability on it, it's wonderful :)
This build seems really interesting. I was thinking about using your tree but tweaking it a bit to fit blade vortex (get inc aoe nodes and inc duration). My plan is to take cloaked in savagery and hopefully be able to leech-tank on bosses whnever I take a hard hit. Have you though about using BV at all, it should work right?
"
huggee wrote:
Nice, i finally got a curse on hit effect on a pair of Winds of Change. Not the best pair, but definitely ok. Vulnerability on it, it's wonderful :)

grats, how many gloves did you vaal?

i did some more testing with the build today

t14 Conservatory (Vaal)
-15 max res
60 less regen
boss damage

t13 Excavation
Double bosses
vulna
98 extra cold

it was really smooth, the build is more then solid. i had a core and a colloseum drop, gonna try the core after the level up

vaaled 7x 20/20 ek gems none of them went 21, sad day.
"
D_nasty wrote:
This build seems really interesting. I was thinking about using your tree but tweaking it a bit to fit blade vortex (get inc aoe nodes and inc duration). My plan is to take cloaked in savagery and hopefully be able to leech-tank on bosses whnever I take a hard hit. Have you though about using BV at all, it should work right?

Sure, even posted a tree on some page here. I'd consider Slayer, though, for BV.
AoE, more move speed and cast speed, and mega-culling make up for losing the dps, and you often run war mark + vulnerability on BV so Leech is fine.

BTW, for the people with the Curse on Hit gloves:
first, gz, gimme some spares ;)
Second, I was thinking I'd try triple curse then, adding Temp Chains. Use the boots or a good +1 amulet. Should be an insane boost for dps (44% more DoT), and more than make up the defense since it's temp chains.

Oh, and since I got a few posts about it... Get The Dark Seer if you can. That thing is INSANE.

Last edited by CantripN on Jun 14, 2016, 1:54:07 AM
core done ;)

"
"
huggee wrote:

grats, how many gloves did you vaal?

i did some more testing with the build today

t14 Conservatory (Vaal)
-15 max res
60 less regen
boss damage

t13 Excavation
Double bosses
vulna
98 extra cold

it was really smooth, the build is more then solid. i had a core and a colloseum drop, gonna try the core after the level up

vaaled 7x 20/20 ek gems none of them went 21, sad day.

Hmm, think i ended up at around 30 pairs or so :)
Haha, if you're browsing Winds of Change in HCP with life 40+/proj 45+ it's more than likely you're checking out my warez :)

On a side note, I'd suggest to pick up the poison damage wheel located close to Acrobatics for a juicy 70% more poison damage.
Last edited by huggee on Jun 15, 2016, 5:21:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info