[3.0] I Cast Magic Missile! - Cantrip's guide to Ethereal Knives. Rage Mage Edition!

"
@nixy
thats alot of damage, is reflect still manageable?

@huggee
corrupted 15 pair myself 2x chaos res 2x white socks so far..

today 7ek gems hit 20/20 wish me luck, my first one went -1.

did the uberlab and got warbringer now its just ridiculous, 1500 hp back instant per endu cry and not even enemies have to be around.

Reflect rares do no damage to me with basalt+arctic armour.
First reflect that goes through procs my level 3 immortal call (with inc dura + 3 endurance charges) so it doesn't hinder me at all.

Switching to Cospri's Will soon, just afraid that if I add vulnerability reflect would then destroy me, might just run enfeeble as second curse since I'm playing HC
"
LeoFantucci wrote:
I'm trying this build and i'm liking so far, i'm kinda new on the game and i have a few questions.

About Jewels, is Damage over time a desirable affix/suffix?

Physical reflect rekt us or dont?

My evasion is pretty low in the moment, 2.5k because i'm using windscream, winds of change and tabula, is this normal?

One of the sceptres your reccomend is the dark seer. Is this a legacy item or a very rare item? because there is no one to sale on poe.trade

Ty,

Perfect Jewels are ones like I currently have and/or with Resist.
Meaning: Life + Projectile Damage + Spell/Physical Damage. In that order, because Projectile Damage double-dips.

Evasion will be low until you switch to a Cospri's, and it certainly helps if you have a good Evasion Head + Atziri's Step. Don't use an Evasion Shield like Nyx, he's making me die a little inside every time I see that.

Yes, the Dark Seer is a Legacy item, you have to get it from Jack in the Box currently, so it's rare as heck. Still, they DO exist this league, too:

There's at least 2 others I know exist out there (one even still for sale), and if you can get your hands on one, it's fantastic. I payed about 30c for mine?
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jun 13, 2016, 1:31:19 AM
Hey guys! first off, thanks for the wonderful build. I'm currently at lvl 91 in HCP and the build is very very strong. I'm doing all mods except bloodmagic and phys reflect with ease. I was lucky to get a 6link on my cospri's and i'm hardly taking any damage at all due to 78% average dodge/evade (1-((1-evade%)*(1-dodge%))). I'm at exactly 7k HP. The blasphemy range as somebody picked up here in this thread earlier is kinda annoying. I've been trying to get curse on hit on Winds of Change for a while now, and it's no joke getting one of those vaal effects.. Think i'm at glove pair number 25 and counting , with no luck. Instead of grabbing War bringer from uber lab i grabbed Cloaked in Savagery. Not sure if it's all that good however, since i don't usually take any damage at all, even though i'm rushing through maps fast. As for reflect i've no real problem as long as i don't rush in blindly. Usually enough with 1 attack, and letting the poison has it effect. DPS is a bit above 100k with charges and atziri (around 10k more with Savagery procced)

As for the last gem in Cospris's i'd go Empower if you have one above lvl 2 as Iron will have a slight advantage before lvl 3. Getting the right colors on Cospri's is also very hard as it takes 4 off colors and should be noted.
How do we calculate damage reflected ?

my EK's top damage is 4899, crit multiplier 373%, so thats 18273, reflect on wiki says 10%, so 1827.3 reflected damage. I have arctic armour(13%), 3 endurance charges (12%), basalt flask (20%), chaos golem (4%).

Is damage reduction additive? Does that mean that I will take 1827*(0.13+0.12+0.2+0.04) = 931?

Calculating if getting a second void battery will kill me or not.
"
Nyxy wrote:

my EK's top damage is 4899, crit multiplier 373%, so thats 18273, reflect on wiki says 10%, so 1827.3 reflected damage. I have arctic armour(13%), 3 endurance charges (12%), basalt flask (20%), chaos golem (4%).

Is damage reduction additive? Does that mean that I will take 1827*(0.13+0.12+0.2+0.04) = 931?

Damage Reduction *is* additive, so is Reduced Damage Taken, but those are 2 different modifiers. Arctic Armor is one kind, the others all stack together with Armor.

In your example, assuming 0 Armor: 1827*(100-13)*(100-20-4-12) = 1017

That said, once you factor in Curses and such, I suspect it'll be MUCH higher. For my EK Scion, it'd be a top damage of close to 60-70k with Proj Weak + Vuln. Take note of that... That much, you can't survive, and with Crit EK you should get much more if you're not careful.

Assuming it's just Rare Reflect, you should be fine, as you simply don't do THAT much damage. So please, don't NOT use a Wand that'll add another 293% Spell Damage, upto 20% Cast Speed, and yet more Crit. And take off that PCoC while you're at it, just use Blade Vortex + PCoC or something like that. If you're doing crit, do it proper :)

That said, I'd strongly consider not replacing that PCoC with something that raises Reflect. Maybe Added Chaos?

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Jun 13, 2016, 10:29:49 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Nyxy wrote:

Damage Reduction *is* additive, so is Reduced Damage Taken, but those are 2 different modifiers. Arctic Armor is one kind, the others all stack together with Armor.

In your example, assuming 0 Armor: 1827*(100-13)*(100-20-4-12) = 1017

That said, once you factor in Curses and such, I suspect it'll be MUCH higher. For my EK Scion, it'd be a top damage of close to 60-70k with Proj Weak + Vuln. Take note of that... That much, you can't survive, and with Crit EK you should get much more if you're not careful.

Assuming it's just Rare Reflect, you should be fine, as you simply don't do THAT much damage. So please, don't NOT use a Wand that'll add another 293% Spell Damage, upto 20% Cast Speed, and yet more Crit. And take off that PCoC while you're at it, just use Blade Vortex + PCoC or something like that. If you're doing crit, do it proper :)

That said, I'd strongly consider not replacing that PCoC with something that raises Reflect. Maybe Added Chaos?

Too late buddy, I fixed my shield already due to popular demand.

After calculating my reflect damage,

6887 top end damage.
6887*3.81 (crit multi) = 26239.47
10% reflect = 2623.947

Chaos golem (4%) + 3 endurance charges (12%) [Will spend 2 nodes to get another endurance charge in 2 levels] + Basalt (20%) = 36% reduction.

2623.947*0.64 = 1679.326

After arctic armor reduction = 1679.326*0.87 = 1461.01.

Which will proc my cwdt+IC before the next hit lands, considering I 1 shot most if not all rares, I think it was a safe play even in hardcore (I'm rank 1-3 assassin so dying is a pretty big deal to me).

Only issue is that I lack the static health from using a shield. I'm only at 5.1k life now which is pretty risky. I was chatting with the other assassins on the ladder and they can 1 shot most if not all bosses, I usually skip Village Ruins boss because I couldn't 1 shot them and risk getting 1 shot in return so I had to increase my damage somehow.

I don't think I can slap on vulnerability to the mix though. That might really finish me off from reflect if I forget the pop basalt.

How should I go about calculating vulnerability in though? I would really love the poison dot damage increase because it double dips toxic delivery.

29% increased damage taken so 26239*1.29 = 33848.31
Reflected damage = 3384.831
After reduction = 3384.831*0.64*0.87 = 1884.67?

At this point I might just drop my frenzy charges and life regen and go for vaal pact instead.
do you really need more damage? 5.1 hp is pretty low for hc.

today i did some t14-15 with 2 other guys and a vaaled palace had bloodmagic the others guys couldnt do it so i carried them and it was fine, trashmobs died in 1 spell.

even village bosses die pretty fast not oneshot but fast enough that i dont get into trouble.

frenzy charges

vaal haste + flask

Last edited by Sirmapalot on Jun 13, 2016, 12:14:56 PM
Not entirely sure to be honest, never tried t12+ maps as EK before. Still building my red map base here.
You both can do more or less any content. Nyx, you really should go with Proj Weakness if only adding 1 offensive curse, since that's a LOT more More (both double-dip) ;)

---

Finally a decent helmet for me, too. Alas, Armour based.

Last edited by CantripN on Jun 13, 2016, 1:39:35 PM
Heya guys, awesome build!

I was wondering if this build would work with Slayer, -50% Phys. Reflect, Onslaught, 20% more damage if you killed recently, and im not sure if the culling strike feature works with EK.

What do you guys think? And we have two ascendacy points left, i really don't know where to go from here.

Example;

http://tinyurl.com/h8g5gt8 (Tree)

I play HC, and i think Assassin is pretty risky.. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info