[3.0] I Cast Magic Missile! - Cantrip's guide to Ethereal Knives. Rage Mage Edition!

Hi,

I started a similar build this league and just discovered this thread.
I use drillneck + bow which gives 100% increased projectile damage.
Also I can curse with frenzy - gmp - curse on hit which solves the blasphemy range problem and generates frenzy charges. I dont use blood rage since I go with vaal pact.

I wondered when you wrote:

"
CantripN wrote:
What scales Poison? How do I get such high DPS?
Glad you asked! Poison scales with Chaos Damage / Projectile Damage / Increased (Global) Damage / Frenzy Charges (+4% MORE per Charge) / Pierce (+30% MORE) / Aspect of Carnage (+40% MORE) / Vulnerability (+upto 42% MORE) / Projectile Weakness (+upto 71% MORE) / Shock (+50% MORE).

Why do you say that Projectile Weakness gives ub to 71% more damage since it only gives 44% inc projectile damage?

Cheers!
Please help to fight the climate change!
"
Hi,

I started a similar build this league and just discovered this thread.
I use drillneck + bow which gives 100% increased projectile damage.
Also I can curse with frenzy - gmp - curse on hit which solves the blasphemy range problem and generates frenzy charges. I dont use blood rage since I go with vaal pact.

I wondered when you wrote:

"
CantripN wrote:
What scales Poison? How do I get such high DPS?
Glad you asked! Poison scales with Chaos Damage / Projectile Damage / Increased (Global) Damage / Frenzy Charges (+4% MORE per Charge) / Pierce (+30% MORE) / Aspect of Carnage (+40% MORE) / Vulnerability (+upto 42% MORE) / Projectile Weakness (+upto 71% MORE) / Shock (+50% MORE).

Why do you say that Projectile Weakness gives ub to 71% more damage since it only gives 44% inc projectile damage?

Cheers!

Double dipping with poison I assume
Actually, no. With q20, it's 54%. Now add 10% Effect from Q Blashpemy, and a possible 20% from the Armor tree...

---

As for Enchants, either Vuln or Temp Chains on gloves are BiS, for sure. Boots, Frenzy is one of the best option, not sure if it's THE best (since Enchants are great).
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jun 9, 2016, 10:31:39 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
Actually, no. With q20, it's 54%. Now add 10% Effect from Q Blashpemy, and a possible 20% from the Armor tree...

---

As for Enchants, either Vuln or Temp Chains on gloves are BiS, for sure. Boots, Frenzy is one of the best option, not sure if it's THE best (since Enchants are great).

Ah, I see. Thx for the clarification!
Please help to fight the climate change!
I thought there was a clear difference between INCREASED and MORE (more being the better one) damage, one of them being additive and the other multiplicative. Projectile Weakness is increased, not more.
"
I thought there was a clear difference between INCREASED and MORE (more being the better one) damage, one of them being additive and the other multiplicative. Projectile Weakness is increased, not more.

Increased Damage Taken by Enemies = More Damage for you. Only difference is different kinds of Increased Damage Taken stack together additively.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Jun 9, 2016, 12:04:54 PM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Cospri's Will
It is not possible to curse and poison on the same hit.

maybe inc aoe on blasphemy would help to apply the poison, if the range is still not enough then corrupted gloves wouldnt help at all.

You seem to be confused. The first hit will only Curse, yes. But all the NEXT hits, WILL Poison!

no im not confused, i know about the mechanic.
i dont know how it will work with spellecho, i think it counts as 1 hit, so we hit the mobs 2 times to apply the curse without poison. the next hit would poison them.

to be honest most trash mobs are dead after 2 hits (spellecho)
could be ok for bosses though.

i think i gonna get me a lightning coil and run grace, with acrobatics and 3 endus its alot of ehp.
"
CantripN wrote:
"

Increased Damage Taken by Enemies = More Damage for you. Only difference is different kinds of Increased Damage Taken stack together additively.

Aha. I knew there must have been some mechanical tidbit I was overlooking. Thank you for the clarification.
Spell echo is two different hits if you're unclear. It's even 2 casts, you just do one automatically and for free.

If they die on hit 2, they're not a threat to begin with.

Last edited by CantripN on Jun 9, 2016, 1:10:12 PM
ok if it is working in that way then curse on hit gloves will fit perfect into the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info