Development Manifesto: 2.3.0 Balance

"
Qarl wrote:
Rebalanced the Graveyard Map Boss (Merveil, the Reflection, who is only present in her first form) to be easier.

Meanwhile the Phantasmagoria boss still does more damage than map bosses 6 tiers above.
No coc nerf ? Kappa
"
Vhlad wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Core Systems Changes
Environmental traps in the labyrinth now calculate a player's effective life differently for determining damage. This was previously the total of a player's maximum life and Energy Shield. Now Energy Shield counts as 60% of its value for this purpose. Only Energy Shield covering life is counted. This was determined to be the best ratio applicable to the wide variety of Energy Shield based builds that exist.

Low life builds (i.e. builds that reserve 70-99% of their life pool) are still taking a much greater amount of EHP in trap damage than any other build. Is there anything you can do so that these builds aren't so heavily penalized? Many sacrifices need to be made to make these builds work, and you have numerous mechanics and items that facilitate low life as a viable character design. It's disappointing to see them hamstrung in the lab, especially with an "end game" version coming.

Edit: Maybe a keystone near blood magic and/or pain attunement? X% less trap damage taken when 70% or more of life is reserved?
You can always stop reserving life for running the areas with traps. Is not like you need them in those under leveled zones.

For races or farming enchants fast? Yeah, sucks. XD
Last edited by Kaemonarch on May 25, 2016, 10:02:26 PM
Nice to see a reduction to the high tier uniques. I've yet to drop one even after they got quadrupled.
At least now i know i won't even bother trying and just farm dried lake for currency and buy the items.

I hate trading and not looting.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Just like a young man coming in for a quickie, I feel so unsatisfied.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Interesting to see no nerf to deadly or unstable infusion.
"
Kaemonarch wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Core Systems Changes
Environmental traps in the labyrinth now calculate a player's effective life differently for determining damage. This was previously the total of a player's maximum life and Energy Shield. Now Energy Shield counts as 60% of its value for this purpose. Only Energy Shield covering life is counted. This was determined to be the best ratio applicable to the wide variety of Energy Shield based builds that exist.

Low life builds (i.e. builds that reserve 70-99% of their life pool) are still taking a much greater amount of EHP in trap damage than any other build. Is there anything you can do so that these builds aren't so heavily penalized? Many sacrifices need to be made to make these builds work, and you have numerous mechanics and items that facilitate low life as a viable character design. It's disappointing to see them hamstrung in the lab, especially with an "end game" version coming.

Edit: Maybe a keystone near blood magic and/or pain attunement? X% less trap damage taken when 70% or more of life is reserved?
You can always stop reserving life for running the areas with traps. Is not like you need them in those under leveled zones.

For races or farming enchants fast? Yeah, sucks. XD

Characters designed around low life are completely broken when you don't reserve that life.
It's not just pain attunement. There's heavy item dependence on being low life for functionality (things like 2x redbeak, lioneye's paws, springleaf, ambu's charge, daresso's courage, etc.). It really breaks these characters from a farming efficiency (and fun) standpoint to unreserve life, just in order to reduce trap damage (especially with new traps that you need to attack!).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on May 25, 2016, 10:08:32 PM
First time I've seen multiple buffs in my playstyle preferred skills...
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
I strongly disagree with the huge nerf to chaos conversion, but whatever... *sigh*
Global 1 is cancer.
By agreeing to these terms of use, you acknowledge that bugs are like cool and stuff
and that you will bow to the Mealworm king when he ascends the throne.
"
Qarl wrote:

Other map changes:
  • Removed Village Ruin as a possible Map type for Zana Missions.

Is it related?

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/44a3un/_/
Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

Guía de soporte técnico

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @Copied_to_clipboard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info