Remove 6 link divination cards

"
Mannoth wrote:
"
tryhardgg wrote:
How long it will take GGG to realize that free 6 links are bad for the game ?

They are free?
How about you hand me some of those free 6 links then? Doesn't have to be 100 of them, 20 will be enough.

Let me know when you want to trade.

I just sold one for 20 chaos...
Too bad I didnt know you need one too!
No, 6L is still really NOT the standard requirement for builds.
If your build absolutely needs a 6L to work, it sucks.
Standard builds use 5L ( some can even work quite okay with 4L ), and 6L is a luxury.

I agree that it feels like there are too many 6L items in the game atm, and that it becomes too easy.

If the divination cards are a way to allow people to farm some specific items, then why not bind them to the player, and make them untradeable ?
I do not really like the sound of it, but it could just be better than having that many 6L everywhere.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:
They are a huge part of the power creep. Why is it that everyone feels entitled to a 6L? Why is it that suddenly we feel 6-L is mandatory in a build? A sad and wierd shift in the community.

Ever since most (Spell)builds got seven or more Supports to pick from. Almost every build guide assumes you have a six-link. Simply characters becoming stronger, people being better at playing (and trading), has made six-links easier to acquire and thus feel more "mandatory". This gradual shift has been happening since closed beta, Divination Cards are just a step to making that feeling a reality for more people.

In standard maybe ..... but standard league and balance are 2 things quite different.
"pro-players", or just players spending a ridiculous amount of time have always been using 6L, but that had always been a luxury kinda thing for everybody else.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 23, 2016, 2:13:57 AM
I agree 100%. This game is giving way too much power to players to easy since I came. Everything really. Uniques rain, 6L - astral plates especially OP from justi cards, etc..its becoming d3

I guess if you play self found its fair but traders everyone can get everything in short order making struggle less rewarding.

Too much carrot not enough stick.

Can we get a trade league? hahaaaaaa
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 23, 2016, 2:02:52 AM
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Mannoth wrote:
"
tryhardgg wrote:
How long it will take GGG to realize that free 6 links are bad for the game ?

They are free?
How about you hand me some of those free 6 links then? Doesn't have to be 100 of them, 20 will be enough.

Let me know when you want to trade.

They are practically free. 3ex or so per 6L last I checked. Depending on item base and divination card. It is laughable.

And tabula rasa is even less, what of it?

Yes you can buy a white 6L for 3ex, then you need to spend Y amount of chaos orbs depending on your luck (I burnt around 300 chaos on a vaal regalia without ever going above 650 ES for example).
There is a serious drawback to not using a unique chest piece, now that rare chests are actual options because they are easier to obtain as 6L compared to BiS unique chest pieces people want to destroy that.

I do not understand this, we wanted rare chests to be a viable option for builds and now that they are we want that gone?
How many life builds can you honestly say are better off with a 6L rare chest rather than a 6L lightning coil/ belly of the beast? Or how many 2h life builds are better off with one rather than a kaom's heart?

[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
to be fair they are pretty rare if you dont believe me try to get that merc crypt card i never ever got even one and i spend a lot of time there

on the other node i never got a pride before the fall either..was pretty suprised when i heard it drops merc ledge ( best place to watch tv and farm 6s)

i dont really care divi cards do close to nothing for the player itself its more like a global thing

bought 8 pride before the fall in flashback hc took till the last day cause there were close to none for sale

good thing is corrupted cant brick

for the laughs maximum troll result from pride before the fall

https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on May 23, 2016, 4:37:40 AM
"
Mannoth wrote:
I do not understand this, we wanted rare chests to be a viable option for builds and now that they are we want that gone?

It was already the case ....
6L is nothing like required for a build.

Uniques probably became more popular because they are more common, but that's it basically.

EDIT for the previous post :
Nice chest !!
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 23, 2016, 4:44:45 AM
"
These cards are a GREAT way to get a cheap 6L chest for new players who don't have 15 Exalts or more to buy a unique 6L chest. I'm really happey they're there and I wish there were more.

If you truly wanted a 6 link there was one option always, buy a tabula! its always been cheap. And you forget this now i believe, used to be that 5 links actually worth something, now people rarely ever trade 5 links because of this.
"
ventiman wrote:
to be fair they are pretty rare if you dont believe me try to get that merc crypt card i never ever got even one and i spend a lot of time there

Dude even if they are rare to you personally when tens of thousands of players are playing the game means these things will flood the market and which they do. Game is balanced around trading not self found.
"

Yes you can buy a white 6L for 3ex, then you need to spend Y amount of chaos orbs depending on your luck (I burnt around 300 chaos on a vaal regalia without ever going above 650 ES for example).
There is a serious drawback to not using a unique chest piece, now that rare chests are actual options because they are easier to obtain as 6L compared to BiS unique chest pieces people want to destroy that.

How many life builds can you honestly say are better off with a 6L rare chest rather than a 6L lightning coil/ belly of the beast? Or how many 2h life builds are better off with one rather than a kaom's heart?

i know for a fact you can get a 550 chest with alteration+master craft only takes about a few dozen alts + 1 regal u need to hit resplendent mod and turn it to rare, and chaos spam in my case almost always worth what i gained, you must've been unlucky(thats the deal with chaos u either get it or u dont). Done it quite alot of times.

Lightning coil is an abomination i'll not defend that it's one of those items that should've been nerfed globally, no chest piece gives as much migitation and that became more pronounced with physical damage changes to mobs. Belly of the beast is imo only a good option for shadow life builds, he cant realistically get lots of life on that side of the tree, but its rather easy on left side. Basically you wear it to get more damage/crit nodes on tree, but i'd prefer something with 2000 armor and life to belly if im on the left side.
"
Fistaniderya wrote:
Basically you wear it to get more damage/crit nodes on tree, but i'd prefer something with 2000 armor and life to belly if im on the left side.

2000 armor AND life?
First of all getting that means having 3 high rolled prefixes, and second of all belly gives more life / has all resists / improves life flasks and with IR gives a decent amount of armor.
Unless you go for juggernaut that chest is strictly inferior to belly.

Kaom is strictly better than any other chest piece on a 2h build because nothing beats 500 flat life because it protects against physical and elemental damage by expanding your buffer and improving leech/regen also.

Now if we compare a rare armor chest 6L versus a 5L belly, you have a choice.
Both being 6L there is almost no choice, belly is far superior.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on May 23, 2016, 5:52:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info